Disney +

Canceled my Netflix subscription earlier tonight and subscribed to Disney+ . So far, I think I made the right choice.

Reactions: BenGrimm
In fairness, the Simpsons episode with Michael Jackson was pulled by Matt Groening.

Most of the other stuff seems so inconsequential and most people wouldn’t even notice it.

I do think there is a slippery slope when you start trying to edit things and cant even keep up with the edits.

I watched Hamilton last night on Disney + and didn’t understand all the rave reviews. The intro song was cool, and that’s where my interest stopped. It was definitely creative and unique, but probably the most boring musical/broadway show I’ve watched. It needed some scenery changes and more variety with the songs.

I watched Hamilton last night on Disney + and didn’t understand all the rave reviews. The intro song was cool, and that’s where my interest stopped. It was definitely creative and unique, but probably the most boring musical/broadway show I’ve watched. It needed some scenery changes and more variety with the songs.
It’s much better in person.

Felt the same. I tried watching it with my family, but I gave up about 30 minutes into it.

Felt the same. I tried watching it with my family, but I gave up about 30 minutes into it.
It helps a lot to go into watching it knowing a decent amount of the history, as well as the lyrics to the songs. Some parts of it come at you so fast that it’s almost too much to take in. Like GA and SDV said, it’s much better live.

It helps a lot to go into watching it knowing a decent amount of the history, as well as the lyrics to the songs. Some parts of it come at you so fast that it’s almost too much to take in. Like GA and SDV said, it’s much better live.

You are right about the " coming at you so fast" it was too much for me.

I appreciate the history and really respect the actors. Can't imagine the work it takes to pull that off and do it so many times

Reactions: davethevol
You are right about the " coming at you so fast" it was too much for me.

I appreciate the history and really respect the actors. Can't imagine the work it takes to pull that off and do it so many times
Same here. They were incredibly well rehearsed and are phenomenally talented. I just found it too repetitive. But maybe it just didn’t translate well to video as some suggested.

Reactions: vols 30
I enjoyed it. Agree it moves very fast. I’ll admit my knowledge of A Hamilton is very limited. It actually peaked my curiosity to learn more facts about him then go back and watch it again. My kids had a hard time keeping up with the story but they love the music and now its on constant play from Spotify.

King George was great. Loved Thomas Jefferson too. I think the cabinet battels were my favorite parts.

VN Store

Back