Disney +

Anyone else drop Disney+? Got it for the mandalorian, which I really enjoyed btw. Watched the clone wars animated series and some simpsons, but for me seems like there’s not much there. I already own the star wats movies and marvel movies. Idk, not enough original content yet. Wish it could’ve dropped with a marvel show or at least released one early this year. I will probably pick back up after some marvel series get going.

Nope. I got kids and this has been a great source for family movie nights.

Clone Wars season 7 drops in February.

I suggest watching Rebels if you haven’t already.

Nope. I got kids and this has been a great source for family movie nights.

Clone Wars season 7 drops in February.

I suggest watching Rebels if you haven’t already.

Yeah I don't see how anyone can say there's not much there. Hell, EVERYTHING is there if you're a fan of Disney! What exactly is missing outside of what is contractually obligated to still be on Netflix?

Yeah I don't see how anyone can say there's not much there. Hell, EVERYTHING is there if you're a fan of Disney! What exactly is missing outside of what is contractually obligated to still be on Netflix?

Well sure, for fans of all things Disney I’m sure it’s great. Personally, only things I would watch is the mandalorian, clone wars series new season, the upcoming marvel shows like Loki, falcon and winter soldier, etc..
I have kids, but neither are into any Disney stuff. We have no interest the princess movies and classic Disney animated stuff. That’s why for me I watched mando season 1, cancelled and will get it back when some more new content is added. It’s not something I will keep monthly like Netflix. But again, this is just me personally.

Hilary is right about this. It's what doomed Girl Meets World from the start on Disney Channel. It wasn't able to tackle any of coming of age stories the way BMW did back in the day on ABC.

GMW should have aired on Freeform instead. IMO

The same problems will effect the upcoming Mighty Ducks series as well.

Watched the Imagineers docuseries. It was really interesting. I’ve always been impressed with the level of detail Disney has strived to put into the parks. The philosophy directly from Walt that the parks are never “finished”. The ebb and flow as they adapted to international cultures as well as the changing culture in America. How some CEO’s immediately following Walt didn’t feel the parks should be prioritized until Michael Eisner took over. It was really well done.

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
Watched the first two episodes of Clone Wars S7. I feel like I should have refreshed my memory on the series going in. The Bad Batch has been ok but overall it hasn’t grabbed me like I was hoping.

:mad:This is why I still support/buy physical media. Who knows what film a studio might some day decide is to politically incorrect.

Reactions: Offset Eye
:mad:This is why I still support/buy physical media. Who knows what film a studio might some day decide is to politically incorrect.

Bob Iger Isn’t the decision maker anymore.

SotS is out there on the internet for anyone who really wants to watch it. Eventually it will be in public domain anyway.

I have always been perplexed why Disney hasn’t tried to reboot it somehow. Considering Splash Mountain. Is one of the most popular rides at Disney World.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Bob Iger Isn’t the decision maker anymore.

SotS is out there on the internet for anyone who really wants to watch it. Eventually it will be in public domain anyway.

I have always been perplexed why Disney hasn’t tried to reboot it somehow. Considering Splash Mountain. Is one of the most popular rides at Disney World.

Ride is pretty cool when u drop into the animatronics part.

The latest episode of clone wars is top notch! If you haven’t been keeping up, do yourself a favor and start watching.

The latest episode of clone wars is top notch! If you haven’t been keeping up, do yourself a favor and start watching.

Im 2-3 episodes behind. Been getting a lot of ads about the Seige of Mandalore. Need to catch up.

The Disney nature doc "Elephant" was pretty good. Narration was corny at times, but it was beautifully shot. About an 1:30 long

The latest episode of clone wars was just fantastic. Don’t want to say much else, but wow.

Last edited:

True, my mom has that on video and im making a copy. Always buy old stuff that you really like. Dont rely on those streaming services.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Hilary is right about this. It's what doomed Girl Meets World from the start on Disney Channel. It wasn't able to tackle any of coming of age stories the way BMW did back in the day on ABC.

GMW should have aired on Freeform instead. IMO

The same problems will effect the upcoming Mighty Ducks series as well.

Never saw it, doubt i ever will

True, my mom has that on video and im making a copy. Always buy old stuff that you really like. Dont rely on those streaming services.

Disney has started editing a lot of stuff on Disney+ from the cantina scene in A New Hope, Splash and I think Lilo & Stych.

Breaking News:

Lucasfilm has confirmed that a new Star Wars TV Series is in development for Disney+, with Russian Doll creator Leslye Headland serving as writer, producer and showrunner. News of the series first hit the trades two weeks ago, but Lucasfilm held the official announcement until this May the 4th holiday for the franchise. The Lucasfilm announcement on social media and subsequent press release (see below) just mentions that we're getting a "new untitled" Star Wars series; the early trade reports were that Headland is in fact working on a female-focused series for the franchise. Since that initial report, fans have had plenty of preferences for what this series could (and should) be!

"In addition, Emmy®-nominated writer Leslye Headland (“Russian Doll,” “Bachelorette”) is currently developing a new untitled “Star Wars” series for Disney+. Headland will write, executive produce, and serve as showrunner for the in-development series, which adds to a growing list of “Star Wars” stories for Disney’s streaming platform including “The Mandalorian,” now in post-production on season 2, and two other previously ordered series: one based on Cassian Andor prior to the events of “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” and another following the adventures of Obi-Wan Kenobi between “Revenge of the Sith” and “A New Hope.""

Breaking News:

Lucasfilm has confirmed that a new Star Wars TV Series is in development for Disney+, with Russian Doll creator Leslye Headland serving as writer, producer and showrunner. News of the series first hit the trades two weeks ago, but Lucasfilm held the official announcement until this May the 4th holiday for the franchise. The Lucasfilm announcement on social media and subsequent press release (see below) just mentions that we're getting a "new untitled" Star Wars series; the early trade reports were that Headland is in fact working on a female-focused series for the franchise. Since that initial report, fans have had plenty of preferences for what this series could (and should) be!

"In addition, Emmy®-nominated writer Leslye Headland (“Russian Doll,” “Bachelorette”) is currently developing a new untitled “Star Wars” series for Disney+. Headland will write, executive produce, and serve as showrunner for the in-development series, which adds to a growing list of “Star Wars” stories for Disney’s streaming platform including “The Mandalorian,” now in post-production on season 2, and two other previously ordered series: one based on Cassian Andor prior to the events of “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” and another following the adventures of Obi-Wan Kenobi between “Revenge of the Sith” and “A New Hope.""
A female series? Could this be the Ashoka focused series that's been rumored?

A female series? Could this be the Ashoka focused series that's been rumored?

Man I hope so. She is truly one of the greatest characters in Star Wars lore. Just finished clone wars and I’m left wanting to know more beyond this and the rebels series.

Reactions: BenGrimm

VN Store

Back