Digital Ticketing & Scanning Tutorial, Issues, Tips, etc. (merged)

Boy, he makes it look and sound so easy.

Inevitably, it won’t be. Too many people, too many malfunctions, delays will be ridiculous, etc.

All this new technology in the world that theoretically improves your life, generally doesn’t.

Here comes the cluster **** of all cluster****’s.
It’s not that hard. If my old 55 year old non tech savvy ass can do it anyone can.

Not to worry everyone. :) If you screw this up the only penalty is the junkyard dog will slam you through the pavement.

Waited 35 minutes for the gates to open because of electronic ticket issues at Heinz field. It appears Stub Hub had issues from what the gate people were saying. Don’t mind waiting in line but there were a few tense minutes where we were told the issue would not get fixed before kickoff. Go back to paper and stop this nonsense.

Waited 35 minutes for the gates to open because of electronic ticket issues at Heinz field. It appears Stub Hub had issues from what the gate people were saying. Don’t mind waiting in line but there were a few tense minutes where we were told the issue would not get fixed before kickoff. Go back to paper and stop this nonsense.
I agree with you. I used them without issue for the Ball State game but I was nervous

Reactions: volmainia2
Here's the notice Pitt sent out yesterday.

While it was a disappointing finish for our Pitt Panthers on the field yesterday, we also know many of you experienced issues with our mobile tickets prior to the start of our game. Our ticketing partner Paciolan, the leading ticketing software in college athletics, experienced an outage that impacted all of their partners across the country. This outage prevented our fans from being able to access their ticket account for several hours.

While Paciolan has ensured us they have identified the root cause of the outage and that they have taken significant measures to correct the issue, that does not change your experience yesterday. We apologize for any frustration you experienced as a result of the situation. The fans who had the biggest issues were those who had not yet downloaded their mobile tickets into their phone's digital wallet prior to the outage. We encourage you to download your tickets into your wallet for the remainder of the season as soon as possible.

Despite these issues, you endured and created an amazing home field advantage for our Pitt Panthers. We can’t wait to see you back in Acrisure Stadium on September 24th.

I didn't have any issues getting in on Sat but I heard people talking about it.

Technology is WONDERFUL when it works.

E-tickets are not new. They’re the norm and have been for years. I’ve been going to concerts, baseball games, Preds games, Titans games, etc. for a decade using e-tickets without incident.

Of course, we had to know UT would screw it up. The Pitt incident is surprising, especially given it’s an NFL stadium.

E-tickets are not new. They’re the norm and have been for years. I’ve been going to concerts, baseball games, Preds games, Titans games, etc. for a decade using e-tickets without incident.

Of course, we had to know UT would screw it up. The Pitt incident is surprising, especially given it’s an NFL stadium.
There was a nationwide issue. UGA had some problems with their game as well.

Add them to your Wallet in your phone after purchase and there can't be any issues. Easy stuff. No need to go back to paper. Also, do it well in advance so there aren't any reception issues pulling up your tickets to add to your phone's wallet.

Who is responsible for the expenses involved in electronic tickets not working? If one drives from anywhere or flies from anywhere and there is a problem with the electronic ticket, and one misses the game, who is responsible for the those expenses which would include: cost of the tickets, cost of transportation, cost for lodging, cost for eating at restaurants instead of eating at home and any other added expense related to the electronic screw up. My guess is, the University's ticket office would deny any responsibility even though they required the tickets to be electronic. I know, they have finally offered to provide paper tickets for an additional cost which is totally ridiculous.

This was a major issue with Pitt/Steelers games all last year reading the Pitt msgboard. It seems to be a bigger problem with THEM than the eTickets in general.

Put them in your phone wallet and you won’t have an issue.

Put them in your phone wallet and you won’t have an issue.

As people have already stated, adding them to your wallet will make all this go more smoothly. Wallet also reminds you of start times. I use it a lot for flying, purchases, concerts, games, etc.

It does not rely on cell service as it saves it on your phone

Add them to your Wallet in your phone after purchase and there can't be any issues. Easy stuff. No need to go back to paper. Also, do it well in advance so there aren't any reception issues pulling up your tickets to add to your phone's wallet.
How are tickets sold between individuals now? No more picking up tickets outside the gate?

Not going to happen. NFL and NHL have been doing it for years (probably NBA too but I have not been lately). Colleges are following the trend. Paper tickets are way too easy to duplicate in today‘s age.

VN Store

Back