Digital Ticketing & Scanning Tutorial, Issues, Tips, etc. (merged)

I really don’t have a preference on tickets, but I disagree that electronic tickets are unreliable. It’s almost always the user of the electronic ticket is unreliable. Even the issue with the Pitt game was mostly people who had not yet downloaded their tickets. Just download them to your phones wallet as soon as you are able too and you won’t run into issues.

Reactions: Volanooga2521
Here's the notice Pitt sent out yesterday.

While it was a disappointing finish for our Pitt Panthers on the field yesterday, we also know many of you experienced issues with our mobile tickets prior to the start of our game. Our ticketing partner Paciolan, the leading ticketing software in college athletics, experienced an outage that impacted all of their partners across the country. This outage prevented our fans from being able to access their ticket account for several hours.

While Paciolan has ensured us they have identified the root cause of the outage and that they have taken significant measures to correct the issue, that does not change your experience yesterday. We apologize for any frustration you experienced as a result of the situation. The fans who had the biggest issues were those who had not yet downloaded their mobile tickets into their phone's digital wallet prior to the outage. We encourage you to download your tickets into your wallet for the remainder of the season as soon as possible.

Despite these issues, you endured and created an amazing home field advantage for our Pitt Panthers. We can’t wait to see you back in Acrisure Stadium on September 24th.

In other words use your ewallets. It ain't that hard.

Add them to your Wallet in your phone after purchase and there can't be any issues. Easy stuff. No need to go back to paper. Also, do it well in advance so there aren't any reception issues pulling up your tickets to add to your phone's wallet.
We downloaded our tickets and in the wallet. They would not let anyone in until the issue was corrected.

I really don’t have a preference on tickets, but I disagree that electronic tickets are unreliable. It’s almost always the user of the electronic ticket is unreliable. Even the issue with the Pitt game was mostly people who had not yet downloaded their tickets. Just download them to your phones wallet as soon as you are able too and you won’t run into issues.
MY TICKET WAS DOWNLOADED. THEY WOULD NOT LET ANYONE IN UNTIL THE ISSIE WAS CORRECTED .

I can't say that I am a technology guy, but the lesson in all of this is to download your mobile tickets as soon as you are able. I put my Pitt tickets into my Apple wallet before my trip. If you had done that, I believe you were fine. I had no trouble because the stadium scanners were not the problem. I believe the problem was people having to transfer their mobile tickets on gameday.

MY TICKET WAS DOWNLOADED. THEY WOULD NOT LET ANYONE IN UNTIL THE ISSIE WAS CORRECTED .

I don't know where you were then. We went into the same gate as the Pitt students, and they scanned our tickets right at the entrance with no problem. This was about an hour before the game and heard the announcement of the problem as we were walking to the gate.

Reactions: ClearwaterVol
I don't know where you were then. We went into the same gate as the Pitt students, and they scanned our tickets right at the entrance with no problem. This was about an hour before the game and heard the announcement of the problem as we were walking to the gate.
They did delay opening the gates by about 30 minutes but never heard an official explanation. Once the gates opened I had no issue.

Reactions: VolGee4
My car's alternator went out. Screw cars. BRING BACK HORSES!

iu

They still have to scan the paper.
That’s what I don’t get. They have been using the scan to get in for years. Same company even made the scan and tickets. Paper or not, the problem would have been the same. The scanner didn’t work. Had nothing to do with paper or not

Reactions: GAVol

VN Store

Back