Digital Ticketing & Scanning Tutorial, Issues, Tips, etc. (merged)

I have tickets in my digital wallet. In the last few days I put a TN pop socket on my phone. Will it get in the way when reader is trying to read tickets? My phone won't lay flat is what I'm trying to say.

It’s wireless receiver so no it shouldn’t matter.

Reactions: Sara Clark
lol I've used screenshots of ticketmaster tickets to get into Nashville SC games before, they're full of crap.
I’m just telling you what I’ve heard/read. You can try whatever you want but it clearly says screen shots won’t work. And I know that at least one person on this board has experience with taking tickets/security that knows what they are talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Titan05
I’ve done this about 5 times in the past 2 weeks getting tickets sent to people.

Open the ticket app.
Select the tickets.
Hit the transfer button.
Enter an email address.

The entire process takes about 45 seconds.
Thx! I guess I’ll be a pro by end of season.

Network infrastructure is the only thing that can cause a headache in this process, but I can’t imagine that they’d go to this without knowing that they have the network capability to make it work. Stadiums everywhere operate this way now.
But they did

At 1:43 in the video, what is this about adding tickets 48 hours before kick off? Will 47 or less hours not work?

That’s my guess. I might go down and see the process next week

It just seems like there would be some shady dealings going on. Once money is exchanged, you would have to rely on the scalper to transfer tickets. My dad scalped for years but had to call it quits when turned 70. He would definitely be lost if he still scalped now.

Reactions: bigdaddy
Yep, you just swipe left and touch again and swipe left and touch again and swipe left and tough again. 10 seconds.

4 people enter. No different then holding 4 tickets to be scanned like last year.
Thanks! My oldest son got tickets for my wife and I to attend the Akron game, I downloaded them to my wallet, but I had no idea how I would get both tickets scanned. Appreciate the info.

Reactions: volfaninky
It just seems like there would be some shady dealings going on. Once money is exchanged, you would have to rely on the scalper to transfer tickets. My dad scalped for years but had to call it quits when turned 70. He would definitely be lost if he still scalped now.
From what I’ve seen it seems pretty fluid

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
No exchange of money until tickets received then. Seems pretty simple. All you do is put in an email address and hit send.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
If you move tickets to the google/apple wallet from the TN app, are you then dedicated to using the wallet? They will be gone from the app?

Things have changed, folks. I remember the guy outside the UC on game day in Knoxville who always had reams of tickets for sale. (I think he was from Columbia.)

Attachments

• ticket scalper.jpg
    ticket scalper.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: bigdaddy
Why am I reminded of the day I sat in Dr. Bruce Wheeler's office discussing coming back for graduate work that fall term.

This was going to be the one where UT switched from the quarter system to the semester system used today.

He said. "In the history of UT f***ups this one will be MONUMENTAL. Wait a year."

It was.

This thing may make that debacle look like a calm flat sea. Never, ever, underestimate UT's ability to f*** things up.

For Titans the tickets appear both in the app and the wallet. All that is needed is the bar code for scanning.

VN Store

Back