Destiny Salary in the Transfer portal

Key is the only player we really need to stay. These top freshman coming in can and will replace Horston and Burrell if they leave.

Respectfully disagree. Al McGuire used to say the best thing about freshmen is that next year they'll be sophomores. Burrell and Horston are talented and experienced. Can't replace that with freshmen.

Tells me that people will take something and run with it without having the first d_ _n clue what the statement refers to.
You can be snarky all you want. Maybe Emily didn't choose wisely if she wanted to convey something positive, but the widely accepted interpretation of this saying is that things aren't as rosy as they seem.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
You can be snarky all you want. Maybe Emily didn't choose wisely if she wanted to convey something positive, but the widely accepted interpretation of this saying is that things aren't as rosy as they seem.

I took it more to mean that we as fans have no ideas what players might be going through, particularly this COVID year, whether that has to do with basketball and the team or their personal lives completely unrelated to the program.

I took it more to mean that we as fans have no ideas what players might be going through, particularly this COVID year, whether that has to do with basketball and the team or their personal lives completely unrelated to the program.

That’s a good take as well. Maybe she was even talking about a boy or someone she trusted and they let her down lol

I coach high schoolers and they things that get back to me as a coach and i check on them and they’ll be like coach that was about my cat 😂 and the funny part of that they won’t be lying and this serious post was not about what people thought

This was in an article Maria just published for 247sports about the Lady Vols. “The end-of-season interviews between the head coach and players are underway, and it is during those meetings that both sides discuss the past year and any expectations going forward. In general, it is worth noting that not all decisions to leave are expected, and situations can develop before and/or within those meetings that determine next steps on both sides.”

This is common knowledge. Every coach in America does this, KJH is no different. Scholarships are renewed annually. Coaches prefer a student leave on their own rather than pull a scholarship. These meetings allow the player and coach to discuss the future. Not all but some players will transfer if they realize they aren't part of the big picture. Some might still stay. This is just how the business works.

I think it's really unfair to a teenager to throw out words like - academics issues , academically ineligible etc. with no facts.

Unless the ncaa quickly stop the transfer system, college game is now a dissasster. Every pro athletes talking about it. Team win a game having a great bench players. I read wat Horston posted be4 she deleted it. My comment on that was u don't kn who is a fan or not that's y as a player u don't read fans comments. Other fans could easily want to insult u all the time and u think is ur fans. I'm giving up with college sports and all this transfer. And i feel sad for athletes who wouldn't make it running away. Zay Green was on top of her game when she left. A play can easily violate the rules so she can be kick out that's their game.

....and the rosy as they seem refers to what? A guy, someone she thought was a friend, a team mate who's outward appearance is different than her private one? You don't know. That is a fact and maybe she did chose her words wisely from her perspective about what she was referring to. Get off your judgemental high horse until you know the facts.

Seems like everyone is expecting the worst with regards to transfers. I'm for letting the coaches manage the situation. They are closest to the players. As far as some labeling players as non-SEC caliber etc.... they deserve better treatment from their fans.

Not necessarily. During the end of season interview with the coaches, she could have been told that playing time next year was unlikely. Or even that her services were no longer needed. We just don't know for sure at this point.
That would be a big surprise because she was a Kellie Harper recruit she didn't inherit her. I'm sure they had a plan for her when they recruited her. Hard to believe they would give up on her in one year.

VN Store

Back