Destiny Salary in the Transfer portal

By the time she's a senior, and possibly even a junior, Salary has the potential to become a valuable player for some lucky program. I get the feeling she's one of those players who will suddenly have that "light switch" moment and then everyone will say, "Where in the hell did THAT come from?" She has shown she can threes, she's got the speed, she's got good size, she's a big talker. Those are all good building blocks. I think she'll finish out her career strong wherever she goes, and I'll be cheering for her!

Another thought: I remember she came here after having been recruited by Sully. Could this mean she suspects Sully is leaving? Hope not.
Sully didn't get the Memphis State job don't know if she has any other offers.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
And Rae. Those are the only two we really can’t afford to lose IMO. Would be extremely sad to see Jordan Horston in the portal as well. Really love her game and I think she is one off-season from being unstoppable. Would really like to see her break through and finish at UT on a positive note.

I think Salary leaving is 50% personal and 50% playing time. She had a tough year losing her brother. That may have affected her academically as well. Often plays a part in transfers but we never know on that front due to FURPA laws. The writing was on the wall for playing time.

Her leaving makes me think Horston is staying though which is good. Salary would have been playing behind Horston and Walker. I suspect Miles and Wynn will be more floor ready than Destiny was as well. She was looking at being the 5th or 6th option.

I agree with Rae, but I think it's easier to replace a scorer than it is to replace a 6'7 post with excellent timing and footwork for defensive purposes. Tamari keeps Tennessee in games even if their offense is floundering.

Not surprised to see and hear this. While I hate to see her go, she has to do what’s best for her. Good luck!

Horston, Burrell, Key, and Green are four solid players then you add the four freshmen plus a couple of top quality transfers you could compete for top three in the SEC.
Really have no idea how solid Green is, and Marta, if healthy, may become a solid player as well. Tess, in her second year, might also do well.

Reactions: krichunaka
Key is the only player we really need to stay. These top freshman coming in can and will replace Horston and Burrell if they leave.

Key is the only player we really need to stay. These top freshman coming in can and will replace Horston and Burrell if they leave.

Yeah, that is what many also said about Evina. GOOD RIDDENS! She will be so easy to replace, look who we have coming in.... Ehh, not quite.

Sometimes it takes time for players to "figure it out" and losing experienced and talented players to the transfer portal very seldom works to the advantage of the program losing said players.

Last edited:
Hmm, would appear an "honest conversation" was had. CKH doing what has to be done.

Good chance it wasn’t Kellie either. I suspect it may have been academic which is non of our business. If you aren’t making grades you lose your scholarship. She had an emotional year and that often spells bad grades. Could be why her PT decreased. She may have been in tutoring instead of practice.

Burrell is an all SEC performer. You're delusional if you think those freshman will be game ready on day 1 to contribute at her level. They might not even be ready by the end of the year (or the next year, or year after that).

Burrell is an all SEC performer. You're delusional if you think those freshman will be game ready on day 1 to contribute at her level. They might not even be ready by the end of the year (or the next year, or year after that).

I swear people just say anything online these days. Key got that triple double against a horrible team and our fans started acting like she's our next AA.

Reactions: Darth_Vol
I swear people just say anything online these days. Key got that triple double against a horrible team and our fans started acting like she's our next AA.

I don't think Key is an AA, and she probably won't ever get to that level. But I do think that she protects the paint better than anyone not named Aliyah Boston and makes it very, very hard for opponents to score inside. Even when you have someone like Naz Hillmon get 19 points, she had to work awfully hard for her points when Tamari was guarding her, and wasn't converting at her usual rate.

The presumed next player to enter the portal is Jordan Horston after the loss to Michigan she talked about TN having the "fakest fans" which she later deleted I wouldnt be surprised if it was her

Tamari Key isnt goin anywhere her mom doesnt like this transferring nonsense

TBH if it is Jordan Horston i would not blame her. She has been slammed for a while here , but i dont think message boards should be a reason a player transfers smh thats ridiculous .

VN Store

Back