Depth Chart - UT Football team guess

tabrams

Supportin' the Cause
I just made a few changes..forgot about Buchanan starting at corner.. I forgot about Jordan Allen and moved Deandre Johnson to 3rd team. I didn’t take injury rehab into consideration FYI...

Ok I’m going to take a shot at it here. Some of these positions are easy but some are hard to guess. Here is my 2 Deep... anyone agree or disagree? I’d like to read your opinions...

Offense
QB - Cryst/ Guarantano
RB - Chandler/ London
TE - Wood-Anderson/ Wolf
FB - Pope/ Blakeley
WR - Jennings/ Palmer
WR - Calloway/ Jordan Murphy
WR - B. Johnson/ Byrd
OT - Richmond/ Tatum
OG - Trey Smith/ Locklear
C - Kennedy/ Johnson
OG - Ryan Johnson/ Locklear
OT - Hall/ Tatum

Defense
DE - Phillips/ Butler
NT - Tuttle/ Gooden
DE - A. Johnson/ K. Bennett
OLB - D. Taylor/ Austin Smith
ILB - Kirkland/ Sapp
ILB - Bituli/ Ignont
OLB - Kongbo/ Jordan Allen
Corner - Alontae Taylor/ Osborne
Corner - B. Buchanan/ Kenneth George Jr.
Nickel - Shamberger/ Theo jackson
S - Warrior/ Todd Kelly
S - Abernathy/ Flowers

Last edited:
OP, I’d like to know what gives you the impression that Chryst will start over JG, because literally EVERY practice report says JG is comfortably ahead

Just hopeful thinking and basing on experience and poise so far in their careers... command and leadership, maturity...

I think it’s probably closer than the press is letting on, but if Chryst is 2nd string then hopefully guarantano is much better than last year when he was getting creamated and holding the ball forever...

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Not sure I 100% agree with your line up, but great work though. Anytime someone puts together something like that regardless of what people think, its time consuming and thought provoking (standing, slow clap for you my friend).

Here's my take. When you look at who we still have left on the roster, we will have a half way decent team this season. The major issues I foresee this season is can JG get rid of the ball and not hold on to it forever, can the defense live up to its potential? Tight Ends this season seem kind of weak, same for our corners? Can the O-line block and give JG time to get rid of the ball or time for the run to develop? I do feel confident in our safeties, d line (if it develops), LBs and wide receivers though. But it all has to come together and really quick to make some waves in this conference. I'm just not sure this season is it.

Good thing for us is the future. We now have a coach! Kiffin was childish and given the job way too early (good coach now). Dooley was way out of his league. Jones was nothing more than a cheap used car salesman. We now have a real coach and a great AD! Pruitt seems like a no nonsense kind of guy, and speaks like an actual coach and not a cliché kind or speaker. His approach is awesome and refreshing. Things may not change this season, but things are pointed in the right direction for the future.

Just hopeful thinking and basing on experience and poise so far in their careers... command and leadership, maturity...

I think it’s probably closer than the press is letting on, but if Chryst is 2nd string then hopefully guarantano is much better than last year when he was getting creamated and holding the ball forever...
Why would you hope that?

Right now I think everything is fluid as far a lineups go. This very well could be the starting lineup for WVU. I have no idea. If healthy your picks for OL look pretty solid to me. The rest not so sure.

Did you go to the Derek Dooley School of Counting, my guy? You're only supposed to have 11 guys on the field and you got 12 positions on both sides! Who's gonna bite?

JG seriously only had 2 seconds to throw the ball last year. That's not holding onto the ball to long. That's a very bad OL who couldn't hold blocks against Vanderbilt , Southern Mississippi, and Umass for that matter.

Agree I think Chryst going to be the starter. This going to be the type of season where Pruitt just want a game manager somebody that can move the chains when need be run the ball. Tillman not going to make the two deep because Palmer already taking 1st team reps in Jennings spot due to injury.

If Jennings not ready for week 1 then don't be surprise You see Brandon play that position he been working there all Summer and Fall camp. The insiders not telling you that. 1st and 2nd scrimmages will tell you everything. Who in the hell is Kenneth George at the Corner? What happen to Buchannan?

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
JG stares down his receivers. It may be because he only had limited time for progressions. Hopefully the line is healthy this year.

Ok I’m going to take a shot at it here. Some of these positions are easy but some are hard to guess. Here is my 2 Deep... anyone agree or disagree? I’d like to read your opinions...

Offense
QB - Cryst/ Guarantano
RB - Chandler/ London
TE - Wood-Anderson/ Wolf
FB - Pope/ Blakeley
WR - Jennings/ Tillman
WR - Calloway/ Latrell Williams
WR - B. Johnson/ Byrd
OT - Richmond/ Tatum
OG - Trey Smith/ Locklear
C - Kennedy/ Johnson
OG - Ryan Johnson/ Locklear
OT - Hall/ Tatum

Defense
DE - Phillips/ Butler
NT - Tuttle/ Gooden
DE - A. Johnson/ K. Bennett
OLB - D. Taylor/ Austin Smith
ILB - Kirkland/ Sapp
ILB - Bituli/ Ignont
OLB - Kongbo/ DeAndre Johnson
Corner - Alontae Taylor/ Osborne
Corner - Kenneth George Jr./ Thompson
Nickel - Shawnberger/ Theo jackson
S - Warrior/ Todd Kelly
S - Abernathy/ Flowers
Good job. I'll predict JG over KC. Sapp over Kirkland and Thompson over KG.

Did you go to the Derek Dooley School of Counting, my guy? You're only supposed to have 11 guys on the field and you got 12 positions on both sides! Who's gonna bite?

Formations, you most likely won't have a FB and TE on the field at the same time - maybe short yardage - but not normally. On D won't have 2 OLB and a 5th DB (Nickle) on the field at the same time. Good list - too fluid to say how accurate at this time but nice pre-season discussion point.

Agree I think Chryst going to be the starter. This going to be the type of season where Pruitt just want a game manager somebody that can move the chains when need be run the ball. Tillman not going to make the two deep because Palmer already taking 1st team reps in Jennings spot due to injury.

If Jennings not ready for week 1 then don't be surprise You see Brandon play that position he been working there all Summer and Fall camp. The insiders not telling you that. 1st and 2nd scrimmages will tell you everything. Who in the hell is Kenneth George at the Corner? What happen to Buchannan?
Juco DB in the 2018 class.

JG seriously only had 2 seconds to throw the ball last year. That's not holding onto the ball to long. That's a very bad OL who couldn't hold blocks against Vanderbilt , Southern Mississippi, and Umass for that matter.

The oline was bad, but JG's sack numbers are not just the fault of the o-line.

USCe had 7 sacks against us, more than tripple their per-game average. 1 was an unblocked LB on a 5-man rush, 2 were the line collapsing immediately, 2 were the line collapsing after 3 seconds, and 3 we're JG rolling out of the pocket and being sacked because he didn't throw it away when he couldn't find an open receiver.

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan

Should I take this to mean that you're nephew does not like guarantano?

VN Store

Back