Depth Chart - UT Football team guess

Pepe, you tryna make trouble?
No but he needs to know that, since he has announced that he is a relative of Brandon that anything he posts will be interpreted by most people to be the attitude of his relative. Generally it is just not a good idea to voice opinions on inside coaching decisions on the internet. If he sees something written on the internet that he knows to be incorrect, then it is really the best policy to just smile with silent superiority and keep quiet on the subject. We have had relatives of athletes visit are boards in the past, and the result has been a range between awkward and disasterous. The worst, being Jonathan crompton's mother whose altercations with the other board members may have even hurt his career.

Last edited:
No but he needs to know that, since he has announced that he is a relative of Brandon that anything he posts will be interpreted by most people to be the attitude of his relative. Generally it is just not a good idea to voice opinions on inside coaching decisions on the internet. If he sees something written on the internet that he knows to be incorrect, then it is really the best policy to just smile with silent w.superiority and keep quiet on the subject. We have had relatives of athletes visit are boards in the past, and the result has been arrange between awkward and disasterous. The worst, being Jonathan crompton's mother whose altercations with the other board members may have even hurt his career.
you're giving him waaay too much credit here.

JG seriously only had 2 seconds to throw the ball last year. That's not holding onto the ball to long. That's a very bad OL who couldn't hold blocks against Vanderbilt , Southern Mississippi, and Umass for that matter.

That wasnt always the case. Sometimes he held it so long the WRS ran out of field to run in. Im not saying the OL was good (they werent) but JG holding the ball so long made them look worse and resulted in about half of the sacks he took.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
That wasnt always the case. Sometimes he held it so long the WRS ran out of field to run in. Im not saying the OL was good (they werent) but JG holding the ball so long made them look worse and resulted in about half of the sacks he took.
I think it would be a mistake to think that that is a tendency that cannot be rectified

We also signed an offensive lineman from the juco route named Johnson (not Ryan) that was pretty highly rated. I didn't see him on the two deep. Has anyone heard how he is doing in practice?

still waiting for a hater to offer a better depth chart. probably gonna be waiting a while....

Ok I’m going to take a shot at it here. Some of these positions are easy but some are hard to guess. Here is my 2 Deep... anyone agree or disagree? I’d like to read your opinions...

Offense
QB - Guarantanot/Chyst
RB - Jordan/ Chandler/ London
TE - Wood-Anderson/ Wolf
FB - Blakeley/Pope
WR - Jennings/ Johnson
WR - Calloway/ Murphy
WR - Byrd/ Tillman
OT - Richmond/ Tatum
OG - Trey Smith/ Locklear
C - Kennedy/ Johnson
OG - Johnson/ Carvin
OT - Hall/ Tatum

Defense
DE - Phillips/ Mincey
NT - Tuttle/ Gooden
DE - A. Johnson/ Butler?
OLB - D. Taylor/ Kongbo
ILB - Kirkland/ Sapp
ILB - Bituli/ Ignont
OLB - Sapp/ Allen
CB - Taylor/ Georgia Jr?
CB - Buchanan/ Osborne
NB - Shamburger/ Thompson
S - Warrior/ Flowers
S - Abernathy/ Kelly Jr

FYP. JMO.

We also signed an offensive lineman from the juco route named Johnson (not Ryan) that was pretty highly rated. I didn't see him on the two deep. Has anyone heard how he is doing in practice?
Think he's been working at one of the backup tackle spots. Haven't really heard how he's doing though.

Reactions: tcash051
Also just realized I have no idea how Greg Emerson is doing or where he's taking reps. Is he still an offensive lineman?

Reactions: tcash051
FYP. JMO.
I think who starts depends on who we are playing. Different starters for teams with a strong running game as opposed to a strong passing game. We will find out a lot of thing in the next 2-3 weeks. I tjink we will hold WVa to 24-28 points and we will score 28-35 points. Looks like a win for the good guys.

Just hopeful thinking and basing on experience and poise so far in their careers... command and leadership, maturity...

I think it’s probably closer than the press is letting on, but if Chryst is 2nd string then hopefully guarantano is much better than last year when he was getting creamated and holding the ball forever...

What poises is this? The poise that went 9/20 vs San Diego State? Or the poise that made him never complete [even 57% of his passes in a season? Or the poise that saw him never hit 1000 yards in a season?

Agree I think Chryst going to be the starter. This going to be the type of season where Pruitt just want a game manager somebody that can move the chains when need be run the ball. Tillman not going to make the two deep because Palmer already taking 1st team reps in Jennings spot due to injury.

If Jennings not ready for week 1 then don't be surprise You see Brandon play that position he been working there all Summer and Fall camp. The insiders not telling you that. 1st and 2nd scrimmages will tell you everything. Who in the hell is Kenneth George at the Corner? What happen to Buchannan?

They say Tillman may be passing Johnson on the depth chart. I guess we will see who plays this year. Don't be surprised to see Tillman play a lot this year.

I'd flip the QBs for now. Also I really hope someone anyone leapfrog's Kongbo.

I'd like to see the starting four linebackers be Kirkland, Bituli, Taylor, Sapp.

It seems to me like people are basing their opinion that Chryst is a better game manager/decision maker on the fact that he is less mobile and went to school at Stanford. I've seen nothing to indicate that he's a better game manager... His TD/INT ratio was the same as JG's last year and his completion percentage was lower, as @k-town_king pointed out.

Reactions: FBtime and pimo1
What poises is this? The poise that went 9/20 vs San Diego State? Or the poise that made him never complete [even 57% of his passes in a season? Or the poise that saw him never hit 1000 yards in a season?

They say Tillman may be passing Johnson on the depth chart. I guess we will see who plays this year. Don't be surprised to see Tillman play a lot this year.
BRANDON Johnson? The hellz you say!

Reactions: VOLED
The oline was bad, but JG's sack numbers are not just the fault of the o-line.

USCe had 7 sacks against us, more than tripple their per-game average. 1 was an unblocked LB on a 5-man rush, 2 were the line collapsing immediately, 2 were the line collapsing after 3 seconds, and 3 we're JG rolling out of the pocket and being sacked because he didn't throw it away when he couldn't find an open receiver.

You just love this stat Bearded! 😂

VN Store

Back