Depth Chart - UT Football team guess

Ok I’m going to take a shot at it here. Some of these positions are easy but some are hard to guess. Here is my 2 Deep... anyone agree or disagree? I’d like to read your opinions...

Offense
QB - Cryst/ Guarantano
RB - Chandler/ London
TE - Wood-Anderson/ Wolf
FB - Pope/ Blakeley
WR - Jennings/ Tillman
WR - Calloway/ Latrell Williams
WR - B. Johnson/ Byrd
OT - Richmond/ Tatum
OG - Trey Smith/ Locklear
C - Kennedy/ Johnson
OG - Ryan Johnson/ Locklear
OT - Hall/ Tatum

Defense
DE - Phillips/ Butler
NT - Tuttle/ Gooden
DE - A. Johnson/ K. Bennett
OLB - D. Taylor/ Austin Smith
ILB - Kirkland/ Sapp
ILB - Bituli/ Ignont
OLB - Kongbo/ DeAndre Johnson
Corner - Alontae Taylor/ Osborne
Corner - Kenneth George Jr./ Thompson
Nickel - Shawnberger/ Theo jackson
S - Warrior/ Todd Kelly
S - Abernathy/ Flowers
You are more right than wrong my friend. Not for sure about the QB situation. I definitely don't put much worth in what all these sports writers say along with all the professional volnation gurus. I would personally start Chryst because of the experience and see how JG handles himself on the sidelines. He was very childish last year and seemed to panic every time he was given a pass play. So good job with the picks. I'm going to say you are 90% correct.

Reactions: governmentmule
JG seriously only had 2 seconds to throw the ball last year. That's not holding onto the ball to long. That's a very bad OL who couldn't hold blocks against Vanderbilt , Southern Mississippi, and Umass for that matter.
If you are a college QB, you need to realize that your OL is not the greatest and adjust accordingly. He never made the adjustment like a QB should. Plus there was multiple times he had plenty of time to throw but held the ball and pump faked 3 or 4 times before getting sacked. It's not always on the OL. Anyone that knows anything about football knows that.

Not sure I 100% agree with your line up, but great work though. Anytime someone puts together something like that regardless of what people think, its time consuming and thought provoking (standing, slow clap for you my friend).

Here's my take. When you look at who we still have left on the roster, we will have a half way decent team this season. The major issues I foresee this season is can JG get rid of the ball and not hold on to it forever, can the defense live up to its potential? Tight Ends this season seem kind of weak, same for our corners? Can the O-line block and give JG time to get rid of the ball or time for the run to develop? I do feel confident in our safeties, d line (if it develops), LBs and wide receivers though. But it all has to come together and really quick to make some waves in this conference. I'm just not sure this season is it.

Good thing for us is the future. We now have a coach! Kiffin was childish and given the job way too early (good coach now). Dooley was way out of his league. Jones was nothing more than a cheap used car salesman. We now have a real coach and a great AD! Pruitt seems like a no nonsense kind of guy, and speaks like an actual coach and not a cliché kind or speaker. His approach is awesome and refreshing. Things may not change this season, but things are pointed in the right direction for the future.

I think this season will be a 5 - 7 season. Players will get the new attitude of this program, the Pruitt way. Pruitt will have a full season to get his own recruits on campus.
Next season will be 9 wins minimum, if we avoid injuries at key positions and 10 wins with a little luck.

I see the Q.B. situation being that the WVU starter will not keep his job all season. Gotta give them both a real chance and if the obvious 2nd stringer can't hack it, then put in the intended 1st stringer. This way, they both got a chance and the fans will see for themselves who the better q.b. is and won't be calling for the 2nd stringer all season long. Schaffer - Ainge! Dormady - J.G.!!!! Sims - Bray!

What poises is this? The poise that went 9/20 vs San Diego State? Or the poise that made him never complete [even 57% of his passes in a season? Or the poise that saw him never hit 1000 yards in a season?

They say Tillman may be passing Johnson on the depth chart. I guess we will see who plays this year. Don't be surprised to see Tillman play a lot this year.
I don’t know Tillman’s familiarity with the playbook, but damn, he is physically the real deal.

Reactions: livefaith
I think this season will be a 5 - 7 season. Players will get the new attitude of this program, the Pruitt way. Pruitt will have a full season to get his own recruits on campus.
Next season will be 9 wins minimum, if we avoid injuries at key positions and 10 wins with a little luck.
It took catastrophic injuries and complete lack of focus for this team to go 4-8. I think we’ll see more than a one game improvement.

Reactions: HeyHeyUT
Should I take this to mean that you're nephew does not like guarantano?

BRANDON AND JG ARE BEST FRIENDS. THESE ARE MY OPINONS FROM WHAT I SAW LAST SEASON. IF BUTCH WAS HERE YES, BUT IMO I JUST FEEL LIKE PEOPLE NEED TO FACTOR IN THE NEW COACH COMING IN HE GOING TO WANT HIS QB. I FEEL LIKE JG GOING TO HAVE TO BE TWICE OR GOOD OR BETTER TO GET THE STARTING JOB AT QB. AGAIN THIS IS JUST ME FROM THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN. I HOPE IM WRONG.

Think he's been working at one of the backup tackle spots. Haven't really heard how he's doing though.
Fortunately, he has three years of eligibility.
And, the players already on campus have really made strides under Friend and Fitz. Both great hires. O-line will be much improved

It seems to me like people are basing their opinion that Chryst is a better game manager/decision maker on the fact that he is less mobile and went to school at Stanford. I've seen nothing to indicate that he's a better game manager... His TD/INT ratio was the same as JG's last year and his completion percentage was lower, as @k-town_king pointed out.
And, he was playing in a much better situation than JG.

Reactions: barrylee
BRANDON AND JG ARE BEST FRIENDS. THESE ARE MY OPINONS FROM WHAT I SAW LAST SEASON. IF BUTCH WAS HERE YES, BUT IMO I JUST FEEL LIKE PEOPLE NEED TO FACTOR IN THE NEW COACH COMING IN HE GOING TO WANT HIS QB. I FEEL LIKE JG GOING TO HAVE TO BE TWICE OR GOOD OR BETTER TO GET THE STARTING JOB AT QB. AGAIN THIS IS JUST ME FROM THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN. I HOPE IM WRONG.
I'm glad to hear that because it looks like their careers are going to be tied to each other. I don't think for instance that Brandon could have had had a better father. One of the best catchers there has ever been in baseball. If it had not been for Wayne huizenga and his need to sabotage his own baseball team, Brandon's father would be in the Hall of Fame now.

Just hopeful thinking and basing on experience and poise so far in their careers... command and leadership, maturity...

I think it’s probably closer than the press is letting on, but if Chryst is 2nd string then hopefully guarantano is much better than last year when he was getting creamated and holding the ball forever...

Hopefully JG has some open receivers to throw to. Having a porous offensive line and receivers who cannot create separation is not the best recipe for making a young qb look good. Luckily for Guarantano Jennings will be back, our line is healthy, and we should have a better scheme this year. I expect Guarantano to be an all sec qb before he is done at UT.

I have mine close to what OP had just got a few changes. First of all I don't think Hall will be ready by first of the season. Thought you have to put WR Murphy in the line up. Everyone one else on the Offense I agreed with. On the Defense I put Jordan Allen behind Taylor at OLB. I think Labruzza will be 2 team behind Shawnberger. And I think Todd Kelly will be the starter at Safety along side Warrior. I do wish we had another dominant or up coming DE.

Offense
QB - Cryst/ Guarantano
RB - Chandler/ London
TE - Wood-Anderson/ Wolf
FB - Pope/ Blakeley
WR - Jennings/ Tillman
WR - Calloway/ Murphy
WR - B. Johnson/ Byrd
OT - Richmond/ Tatum
C - Kennedy/ Johnson
OT - Tatum / Hall

Defense
DE - Phillips/ Butler
NT - Tuttle/ Gooden
OLB - D. Taylor/ Jordan Allen
ILB - Kirkland/ Sapp
ILB - Bituli/ Ignont
Corner - Kenneth George Jr./ Bryce Thompson
Nickel - Shawnberger/ Labruzza
S - Warrior/ Theo Jackson or Flowers
S - Todd Kelly Jr. /Abernathy

What poises is this? The poise that went 9/20 vs San Diego State? Or the poise that made him never complete [even 57% of his passes in a season? Or the poise that saw him never hit 1000 yards in a season?

They say Tillman may be passing Johnson on the depth chart. I guess we will see who plays this year. Don't be surprised to see Tillman play a lot this year.

Brandon Johnson? Who led the team in receptions last year?

Lol

He’s not making friends on this board. 😉

At least not UNCLE GREAZY
Brandon Johnson? Who led the team in receptions last year?

Lol
Take that up with Ainge. He said it. He has the dropsies in practice and isn't an overwhelming physical talent. He doesn't have a spot locked up because he had 400 yards and 30 or 40 receptions. It's not like he is 1000 yard or 70 catch wr coming back.

So if he says it another 97 times, he'll come close to matching you?

He still has a ways to go.😉

JG stares down his receivers. It may be because he only had limited time for progressions. Hopefully the line is healthy this year.
Well, we all know thats not something he could develop. Some of u act like he's a 5th year senior instead of RS Soph..

Offense
QB - Guarantano/ Cryst
RB - Chandler/ Jordan/ London/
TE - Wood-Anderson/ Wolf
FB - Blakely/ Pope
WR - Jennings/ Tillman
WR - Calloway/ Murphy
WR - B. Johnson/ Byrd
OT - Richmond/ Tatum
C - Kennedy/ Johnson
OT - Tatum / Hall

Defense
DE - Phillips/ Butler
NT - Tuttle/ Gooden
OLB - D. Taylor/ Jordan Allen
ILB - Kirkland/ Sapp
ILB - Bituli/ Ignont
Corner - Baylen Buchannon/ Kenneth George
Nickel - Shawnberger/ Labruzza
S - Warrior/ Theo Jackson or Flowers
S - Abernathy/ Todd Kelley... however I think there will packages for both at the same time.

IMO I think this is how it will be

I'd flip the QBs for now. Also I really hope someone anyone leapfrog's Kongbo.

I'd like to see the starting four linebackers be Kirkland, Bituli, Taylor, Sapp.
I'd rather Kongbo be so good that no one can LeapFrog him

At least not UNCLE GREAZY

Take that up with Ainge. He said it. He has the dropsies in practice and isn't an overwhelming physical talent. He doesn't have a spot locked up because he had 400 yards and 30 or 40 receptions. It's not like he is 1000 yard or 70 catch wr coming back.

He still has a ways to go.😉

I understand the youth movement and necessity for playmakers, but BJ was the most consistent thing we had on offense last year not named John Kelly...

I doubt he’s been passed up after the first day in pads...

VN Store

Back