Dee Beckwith to LB ?

Beckwith has been drawing some praise this spring at Rb so Id love to see him take over that big back role.

Why they aren't moving Len'neth Whitehead to LB is beyond me. I know he is in no-contact this spring, but he could be learning the calls. He has already played the position in HS and was pretty good too. He's also buried in the depth chart at LB.

I hear Henry T and Q Crouch are available...
I don't see this staff making a whole lot of effort into keeping them. My impression of the staff's attitude is, "If you want to stay, we'd love to have you, get in line. If you want to go, then do what's best for yourself and go." My hunch is that they were big McDonald's fans. If so, and it get's released, leaked, or if the NCAA knows they received money to play and are still on the roster, it could cause problems. Just my opinion, though.

Nope. Find creative ways to get the ball in this kids hands.....particularly in space out of the backfield or slot when he's matched up with a slow LB or a small DB.

Hypothetically, if someone was forced to move to LB, I'd prefer it be Hodge or Whitehead
Basically just said the same thing you originally posted.

Reactions: keenobserver
You don't just make someone play a different position. If he signed a scholarship to Tennessee to play offense, and wants to play offense, he should be given a chance to play offense. If he is willing to move, great, but you don't force it, especially in today's transfer culture.

Maybe a coach says something like "you will have a much better chance to get on the field playing linebacker..." and the player decides from there. But, that's about it.

NO. He's a game changing type of player. He allows them to do so much on O that strains opposing D's that his value is much higher as an offensive player.

Whitehead and perhaps others should be asked long before this is even discussed.
Comon' now. He's shown about as much ability to be a game changing QB as he has the ability to be a game changing RB.

We are deep at running back. Small will most likely be RB1, and there will be an intense competition for that backup spot, whereas he could be a starter on defense.

Granted, Whitehead is probably the first candidate that should consider a switch to LB.

Comon' now. He's shown about as much ability to be a game changing QB as he has the ability to be a game changing RB.
He is an any down player. He can play RB, HB, TE, or WR. He has the athletic ability to let UT pretty radically change their set without substitutions while playing fast. That's an absolute nightmare for an opposing DC.

We are deep at running back. Small will most likely be RB1, and there will be an intense competition for that backup spot, whereas he could be a starter on defense.

Granted, Whitehead is probably the first candidate that should consider a switch to LB.
LB is a huge concern. A guy with Beckwith's size and speed and skill though has far more potential on O.

I don't see this staff making a whole lot of effort into keeping them. My impression of the staff's attitude is, "If you want to stay, we'd love to have you, get in line. If you want to go, then do what's best for yourself and go." My hunch is that they were big McDonald's fans. If so, and it get's released, leaked, or if the NCAA knows they received money to play and are still on the roster, it could cause problems. Just my opinion, though.
I was joking.

VN Store

Back