Dee Beckwith to LB ?

It needs to be Whitehead. Whitehead should have never been moved to RB in the first place.

Agree completely. Whitehead's film out of HS looked like a 4 star LB and a 3 star RB. I get that they allowed him to try at RB and that helped them land him but we not only have the need at LB but it is probably his most natural position.

Reactions: WestTnVFL971
Beckwith has been drawing some praise this spring at Rb so Id love to see him take over that big back role.

Why they aren't moving Len'neth Whitehead to LB is beyond me. I know he is in no-contact this spring, but he could be learning the calls. He has already played the position in HS and was pretty good too. He's also buried in the depth chart at LB.
yes, this exactly.

He would not have signed with us, as he was promised the position by Pruitt.
Pruitt publicly stated that his staff would not force players to change positions and would work with them at their position of choice.

I am 99.9% sure that you are right. Whitehead signed with UT because most other big programs wanted him as a LB.

Pruitt publicly stated that his staff would not force players to change positions and would work with them at their position of choice.

I am 99.9% sure that you are right. Whitehead signed with UT because most other big programs wanted him as a LB.
Pruitt promised him time at RB.. that’s why he came here

Reactions: CJBlaze
With our depth issues we may need several players who play on both sides of the ball. DB might qualify to be in the rotation for LB and RB...

You don't just make someone play a different position. If he signed a scholarship to Tennessee to play offense, and wants to play offense, he should be given a chance to play offense. If he is willing to move, great, but you don't force it, especially in today's transfer culture.

Maybe a coach says something like "you will have a much better chance to get on the field playing linebacker..." and the player decides from there. But, that's about it.
That’s not how it works - coaches don’t give players a “safe space” to decide. Granted, it not necessarily forced, but certainly doesn’t happen by osmosis as you suggest

You don't just make someone play a different position. If he signed a scholarship to Tennessee to play offense, and wants to play offense, he should be given a chance to play offense. If he is willing to move, great, but you don't force it, especially in today's transfer culture.

Maybe a coach says something like "you will have a much better chance to get on the field playing linebacker..." and the player decides from there. But, that's about it.

Lets be real: Kenneth, "Do you want to be 5th team RB or 1st/2nd team LB"?

Last edited:
Lets be real: "Do you want to be 5th team RB or 1st/2nd team LB"?
I think he’s going to have his own position where he can log a carry one play, block the next and convert a 3rd down the next. He’s got legit skills offensively. He’d be starting over square one on defense which would most likely take a season or two. I think he stays offense...happily.

I think he’s going to have his own position where he can log a carry one play, block the next and convert a 3rd down the next. He’s got legit skills offensively. He’d be starting over square one on defense which would most likely take a season or two. I think he stays offense...happily.
Yeah, I'm not sure he stays at RB but I think he stays on offense. Whitehead on the other hand should be LB.

VN Store

Back