Dee Beckwith to Kentucky

No need to bash the kid. He has all the physical talent, but didn't seem to have the heart and determination to compete every single day. It happens. He gets to continue getting a college education for free though. My only issue is Kentucky's motivation in this. Do they have legitimate interest in him? Were they looking for a big athletic RB in case Rodriguez's legal issues don't get sorted out and there's not many portal options? or...... Are they trying to get in depth knowledge of our offense? Are they trying to get their hands on our playbook? The lack of interest from absolutely everybody else makes this suspicious.

No need to bash the kid. He has all the physical talent, but didn't seem to have the heart and determination to compete every single day. It happens. He gets to continue getting a college education for free though. My only issue is Kentucky's motivation in this. Do they have legitimate interest in him? Were they looking for a big athletic RB in case Rodriguez's legal issues don't get sorted out and there's not many portal options? or...... Are they trying to get in depth knowledge of our offense? Are they trying to get their hands on our playbook? The lack of interest from absolutely everybody else makes this suspicious.
Whoa, good eyes! He definitely needs to be spoken with about that in a serious way. Also, isn't it past the deadline to transfer in conference? Given the matter you raise, perhaps we should object to a waiver on the grounds you mention?

I was very excited about him when he signed.thought he might be that under the radar guy.

Bit he couldnt hey on the field in Pruitt s awful offense and wasn't good enough / didn't apply effort to get on the field in heupel's.

Maybe a change in scenery is what he needs.either way, good luck. Just not too much luck....🍊

Whoa, good eyes! He definitely needs to be spoken with about that in a serious way. Also, isn't it past the deadline to transfer in conference? Given the matter you raise, perhaps we should object to a waiver on the grounds you mention?
I agree. I can't remember if the interconference rules said they had to be in the portal by a certain date, or be accepted by a new program by a certain date. Someone with more knowledge please chime in.

Reactions: Orange.
One weirdness about this thread is that a link to the source of the knowledge or rumor is missing. I find this:

"Former Tennessee running back Dee Beckwith has transferred to Kentucky. The former Vol appeared Monday on the Wildcats' roster, more than five months after entering the portal Jan. 6. He has not announced the transfer. The 6-foot-5, 227-pounder spent two seasons with the Vols but never settled into a steady role. Beckwith signed with UT as a three-star athlete in the 2020 class. He played quarterback, running back and wide receiver at Florence (Alabama) High School."

The links are to a Tennessean article and the UK roster that they link.

Well if they are looking for in depth knowledge on our offense then they are trying to get it from the wrong dude. There is a reason why he never saw the field.

wait what does Jimmy Callaway have to do with this? excuse my ignorance

Nothing yet but KY staff is snakes that recruit players on other rosters particularly ours. Callaway is one they wanted badly in recruiting. If he doesn’t get on field this year I could see them trying to get him through portal.

VN Store

Back