Dear football team: I don't want apology letters; I want you to stop getting arrested

Have there been multiple apology letters? The only one of which I'm aware came from Gerald Jones.

I'm not sure why we should limit penis appearances only at tutoring. I would think class being tutored for would be off limits as well.

so, i'm confused.

James Bank had an altercation with her in the Thorton Center?
from what I've gathered, James Banks has a talking penis that said something offensive to Ksush and on top of that, never quite grasped the whole dangling participle problem.

I don't want an apology for your lame threads; I want you to stop making them.

Yeah, as someone else asked - were there multiple apology letters Kusha? What are you talking about?

It is amazing that you are still a fan after that happened. ( I mean that very sincerely)

Honestly, it was a very hard time for me. I had extremely mixed feelings. I had spent 3.5 years tutoring at the Thornton Center and rubbing elbows with all the athletes. I made some lasting friendships there, even.

So when that happened to me, my last year at UT, it was really difficult to sort out my anger and my love for the program and the athletes who were wonderful, inspirational and mature.

I didn't speak to the media about what happened because I was afraid of retaliation. I just tried to keep it under wraps. My best friend, who was an ex-UT football player still living in Knoxville said that someone from the News Sentinel approached him trying to get the story because they heard that my friend knew who I was. He didn't give it to them.

But word got around anyway. I called the cops several times because strangers were knocking on my door at night and threatening me. I got dirty looks on campus. I got a drink dumped on me at an end of the year Kappa Alpha Psi party I attended. It was just a nightmare. I loved my universtity, but at that point, I was just eager to move to CA and start law school.

Have there been multiple apology letters? The only one of which I'm aware came from Gerald Jones.

That's of the recent ones. I used to see those things all the time when I was in school. And when there weren't letters, there'd be statements. Same BS, same effect.

If I remember correctly, the Daily Beacon used to be the preferred forum for those back in the day.

That's of the recent ones. I used to see those things all the time when I was in school. And when there weren't letters, there'd be statements. Same BS, same effect.

If I remember correctly, the Daily Beacon used to be the preferred forum for those back in the day.

How long has it been since you graduated from Tennessee?

Lots of them were before your time, kiddo, though I am nearly certain there have been statements/letters/apology interviews that have happened between now and 04.

Lots of them were before your time, kiddo, though I am nearly certain there have been statements/letters/apology interviews that have happened between now and 04.

I never said they happened before I was here, but for you say they happen now while you're in California is funny. I believe Arian Foster had one put out in 2006.

Jemere Hendrix, former basketball player, had a letter in 2005-2006.

But they don't happen very often now.

Whether there were 3 or 10 letters doesn't really matter anyway. People who put them out obviously don't take them seriously because they've proven themselves prone to repeated recidivism.

My point is that whatever form the excuses take, they're just excuses. They need to start actually acting like they respect the program instead of just saying it in whatever form of apology they chose to issue.

I've never met Manning (though people seem to mostly think very highly of him). I was barely in high school when he graduated.

You know, that's sort of part of the problem too. People idolize certain players so much that they don't think they're capable of doing wrong.

I think the damages the woman was seeking over the alleged mooning were nothing short of ridiculous, but I am not going to assume that just because the accused is Peyton Manning that it didn't happen.

This mentality is particularly troubling when the victim is a woman. No, that guy didn't do anything wrong. She's just some ho that wants attention. That's exactly why athletes get away with so much. When you're a female victim, coming forward and going public is basically asking people to scurinize you, your sexual history and your motives.

Why? If you have a legitimate case, you should be able to bring it forward without fear of being labeled an attention-seeking woman with, shall we say, a low theshhold of sexual morality.

You know, that's sort of part of the problem too. People idolize certain players so much that they don't think they're capable of doing wrong.

I think the damages the woman was seeking over the alleged mooning were nothing short of ridiculous, but I am not going to assume that just because the accused is Peyton Manning that it didn't happen.

This mentality is particularly troubling when the victim is a woman. No, that guy didn't do anything wrong. She's just some ho that wants attention. That's exactly why athletes get away with so much. When you're a female victim, coming forward and going public is basically asking people to scurinize you, your sexual history and your motives.

Why? If you have a legitimate case, you should be able to bring it forward without fear of being labeled an attention-seeking woman with, shall we say, a low theshhold of sexual morality.

well put

VN Store

Back