DeAndre Johnson transferring (rumor) [confirmed]

Scholarships are renewed on an annual basis. Most likely he has been told his scholarship wasn’t going to be renewed. That is going to happen to many seniors this year.

No way. The link has been taken down and our most knowledgeable poster has declared that I jumped the gun. He’s probably staying put.

100% the only person on this site that called Gus' firing the Saturday right before it happened so my source was pretty good on that one. He missed on Cristobal but it's been reported down there that Cristobal was 1st choice and numbers never matched up. I'm not aware of any of your predictions from your sources ever coming true, 0% is not a very good number, I hope you're not an investment advisor.

Well I generally don’t make predictions, especially repeating THE SAME one. I’m not here to force what little knowledge I have on anyone. I’m here to laugh at you and PICK UP knowledge from people who actually know what they’re talking about.

I'm pretty sure that the only agreement that matters in the case of a SR returning is the decision of the player and not the team. The team can tell them whatever they want but if the player wants to return and he accepts the circumstances then it's 100 pct his own decision.
I just answered your question in generic terms like you asked it.

Now to be specific. A senior can return, but if the coaches don’t want him to then he can hold a clipboard at home games and sit in the dorm on away games.

I'm pretty sure that the only agreement that matters in the case of a SR returning is the decision of the player and not the team. The team can tell them whatever they want but if the player wants to return and he accepts the circumstances then it's 100 pct his own decision.
Teams are not compelled to keep a returning player on scholarship.

"The NCAA's announcement Friday did not mandate that schools fund the scholarships of seniors for an additional year"

Mutual means the player wants to return and the school wants to player enough to pay for a scholarship for another year

I think Crouch will be moved to OLB. Also there’s Baron, Banks, and we have a couple really good edge rushers in the incoming class.
Penciling in a Juco as a Day 1 starter is dicey. Yeah we also have Harrison and Joseph, who have yet to break through. Baron, Harrison and Joseph combined for 3 1/2 sacks. Bottom line is our pass rush just lost our 2 most productive guys, Combining for 9 of our 20 sacks. Hard for me to say they had no role next year.

Last edited:
Teams are not compelled to keep a returning player on scholarship.

"The NCAA's announcement Friday did not mandate that schools fund the scholarships of seniors for an additional year"

Mutual means the player wants to return and the school wants to player enough to pay for a scholarship for another year
Correct. They are eligible to return, which means they 85 scholarship limit can be exceeded. But the team still has to want them and the school has to pay for the extra scholarships.

This looks like BS, must have jumped the gun I guess. Keep reporting it until it comes true Vol fans.
In defense of the OP, this was being reported a couple of hours ago. I added the Sports Illustrated link myself and then 30 minutes later the story was taken down.

Vols' Alontae Taylor: I'm not declaring for NFL Draft

What are the few things he is deciding on but for sure is returning? Taylor isn’t going to transfer to is he?

“I haven’t made my decisions on some things that I need to make, but I’m for sure coming back next season.”

Im not trying to start anything, I’m just reading it and with all these other transfers that’s been happening, it just worry’s me as a fan.

It sounds more and more like a coaching change will be made.

I’m kind of here too. Why would you leave a situation where you are a starter for a D1, SEC program? Why risk going and sitting the bench elsewhere... unless you don’t know who your coach will be next year and if that coach will even let you see the field.

Reactions: Border Vol
A few weeks back in a presser Pruitt was asked about the players that could return due to the Covid rule would be allowed to return? Pruitt said, anyone that wants to come back will be allowed to do so....Might have changed since then but that's what he said at the time.

Penciling in a Juco as a Day 1 starter is dicey. Yeah we also have Harrison and Joseph, who have yet to break through. Bottom line is our pass rush just lost our 2 most productive guys. Hard for me to say they had no role.
I agree they were the best pass rusher, but pass rush was our biggest weakness. We have to upgrade or we’re in trouble.

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
Sure hope so........I'm hoping that Fulmer gave Freeze the courtesy of waiting till after their bowl game on Saturday and allowing him a day (Sunday) to talk and get with his family.........now its finish up the fine print and make moves day. I still say the silence is deafening.
A box of " FRESH HOT " Krispy Kreme doughnuts has a better chance of surviving on Fulmer's kitchen table than we do of getting a new coach of any kind with Fulmer at the helm.

My severely uneducated guess is nothing will happen until February. National signing day is Feb 3. Pruitt is due a $200,000 retention bonus on Feb 21. That gives current staff the ability to lock in what is left of this recruiting class and give the new coach time to get his behind-the-scenes staff interviews in order. If executed properly, the new staff could already be assembled in plenty of time for the actual announcement. Expect something to happen between those two dates if UTK admins are ready to pull the trigger on this regime.

VN Store

Back