'20 DC FS Mordecai McDaniel (FL commit)

Perhaps florida ask him to wait due to their numbers
Maybe or the Vols asked him to wait to give them another chance. Hubbs said on Sports Talk he expected the Vols to sign 22-23 early to leave some spots for the later signing period. He also mentioned leaving spots for a transfer possiblity.

Maybe or the Vols asked him to wait to give them another chance. Hubbs said on Sports Talk he expected the Vols to sign 22-23 early to leave some spots for the later signing period. He also mentioned leaving spots for a transfer possiblity.

Huh?

I saw where we expected to sign around 15

I'd be surprised we even sign that many in the esd. I could see about 18-20.

Reactions: TrueVolsGBOInsider
Is CJP and staff ever going to be able to hang on to recruits? I mean come on this is just getting ridiculous. We have the most over paid staff in the nation.
Well if u consider the fact that Bryce and Thompson still have 2 years of eligibility left, Sham comes back, Buchanan seems to also be returning, Burrell, George,Tyus all return with multiple years of eligibility left. The secondary is our biggest strength over the next few yrs so its no surprise that Mcdaniel or Green decommitted. Kinda hard to convince a kid to redshirt then sit another year after that. Next yr should be the year to reload the secondary not this year.

I’m pretty sure that both TN and UF wants him to sign in Feb and since he was committed to you guys he felt slighted and jumped. There’s a chance he doesn’t end up at either or back to Tenn if y’all have room. Jury’s still out on this one.

still really surprised we are keeping/getting more momentum with recruits with the story we are able to sell and show... We missed out on a lot of big fish with us falling on our face the first of the year, but you would think anyone committed since November would be tight.

Recruiting highly rated classes is exciting BUT I'll take good coaching over recruiting any day ... and I believe we have that now with CJP and staff. GBO!

It takes both. Remember that Florida/UGA/Alabama have good coaching as well. I'm still on the fence on Pruitt. Beating Vandy and Mizzou don't really move the needle for me. On the other hand, beating South Carolina had some symbolism. Got the Muschamp Chimp off our back. ESD is less than a week away, and we are ranked 20th in the country by Rivals. Seven SEC teams are ranked ahead of us. South Carolina is neck and neck. Getting to a bowl was huge for this program and fan base. Especially a bowl in the fertile recruiting land of Florida. But remember something. Sometime like 80% of kids have signed at ESD. If we don't ratchet it up, we are going to be fighting the same major talent issues.

Do I think McDaniel is some gigantic implosion? No. Can we afford to lose players a week before ESD that go to our rivals who have owned us? No.

It takes both. Remember that Florida/UGA/Alabama have good coaching as well. I'm still on the fence on Pruitt. Beating Vandy and Mizzou don't really move the needle for me. On the other hand, beating South Carolina had some symbolism. Got the Muschamp Chimp off our back. ESD is less than a week away, and we are ranked 20th in the country by Rivals. Seven SEC teams are ranked ahead of us. South Carolina is neck and neck. Getting to a bowl was huge for this program and fan base. Especially a bowl in the fertile recruiting land of Florida. But remember something. Sometime like 80% of kids have signed at ESD. If we don't ratchet it up, we are going to be fighting the same major talent issues.

Do I think McDaniel is some gigantic implosion? No. Can we afford to lose players a week before ESD that go to our rivals who have owned us? No.

I’ll bet there are some pleasant surprises in store on signing day that you aren’t taking into account.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Well if u consider the fact that Bryce and Thompson still have 2 years of eligibility left, Sham comes back, Buchanan seems to also be returning, Burrell, George,Tyus all return with multiple years of eligibility left. The secondary is our biggest strength over the next few yrs so its no surprise that Mcdaniel or Green decommitted. Kinda hard to convince a kid to redshirt then sit another year after that. Next yr should be the year to reload the secondary not this year.
Green was encouraged to look around. McDaniel they wanted to keep. He was highly regarded by the staff. Slaughter was a replacement for Green not McDaniel. This kid is a damn DA for going to Florida with the amount of DBs they have in this class; like a third of their class are DBs.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
This one stings but it didn’t seem like he cared much for TN the way season started and once Rakim was no longer interested. He been tweeting or liking tweets about gators all yr not tn. Stings to lose because you have to play him. We won’t have issue replacing as this staff is so good at developing DBs but you rather he go elsewhere than fl

Reactions: vettefool
I’ll bet there are some pleasant surprises in store on signing day that you aren’t taking into account.

Can't take into account what's not tangibly visible. Those other teams I listed could have pleasant surprises too. This is Pruitt's third recruiting class. His best is 12. That's not going to cut it to win championships. If he got to 12 this year, I'd be completely geeked, because the schedule is so weak next year. I think he can win eight games with ease. But then that 2018 recruiting class becomes the core of our roster. This is probably our most recruiting class in ten years, and so far it's underwhelming. Obviously hope it changes directions.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979

VN Store

Back