David Johnson comments

I swear I think some fans on this forum go out of their way to be pissed off about anything.....
So, David Johnson says he didn't trust what was going on at TN, so what.... this is nothing.......nothing...
No...it was a shot. He’s a professional and he wasn’t.

At a recruiting “event”. He’s just trying to plant seeds for next recruiting cycle. After all, he has a new employer that goes head to head with UT for recruits.

Reactions: k-town_king
Was he lying THEN or lying NOW or yes?

Classic coach speak BOTH ways. I even thot it was dumb to say CJP would win a Natty in 5 years. That just struck me as odd when he said that otw elsewhere. This playing to the crowd thing surprises me even less. Low character man IMO.

3oo5y1.jpg

FYP

Reactions: ButchBettaBeGone
I swear I think some fans on this forum go out of their way to be pissed off about anything.....
So, David Johnson says he didn't trust what was going on at TN, so what.... this is nothing.......nothing...
I would assume it is primarily in reference to his position at Tennessee being changed to bring in Tee. Seems like no big deal.

It was a huge shot.....insinuations without explanations are some of the worst shots. I would say Pruitt was hacked.

Reactions: butchna
It seems simple to me. He needs stability. A place to put down some roots. He knows that UT is on the up-swing. I am sure he realizes that there are better candidates, at this point, out there, like Jay Graham.
When a program is getting better, it attracts more experienced, more qualified, more accomplished people.
He has a personal relationship, with Norvell. Therefore, he has more trust in him, to keep him around.
It is a more stable situation, for a few years. UT will be upgrading, alot, if the process continues to work, for Coach Pruitt. Plus, with success, comes coordinators branching out to find their own way.
Oh, and he is probably trying to help lockdown recruiting, in Florida, as UT recruits there pretty heavily, I've heard.
Still, always choose your words wisely.

Well whatever, that sucks he said that, but I really don’t care what he and a bunch of FSU fans think. I’m really trusting what’s goin on here in Knoxville, and as long as the players and volnation continue to believe, he will eat those words eventually. GBO

It was a huge shot.....insinuations without explanations are some of the worst shots. I would say Pruitt was hacked.
Insinuations take place in the mind of the offended and an overactive media trying to create a story where there is none. I'll bet that nobody on our coaching staff is losing any sleep over this.

Insinuations take place in the mind of the offended and an overactive media trying to create a story where there is none. I'll bet that nobody on our coaching staff is losing any sleep over this.
Who said they were? And why is that needed for us to take umbrage?

Reactions: cardvolfan
It's February... Please post your list of approved topics and maybe @Freak can sticky it for us.

If we're betting money... I'm guessing he says in so many words he's butthurt about not being able to land Beckwith.
Wideman not Beckwith. And IDGAF you don’t bad mouth the Tennessee Volunteers in any capacity. VFL here. If you are with us you are with us. If you aren’t......EAD.

Reactions: Smokey X
Yes. At some point, he comes out looking bad, here, regardless of which side people believe or which side is the actual truth.
And the point is this was totally UNNECESSARY! Our own fans saying this isn’t a big deal are the same ones that would call out any of our current coaches for running off at the mouth. Hope he owns it on Swain tomorrow and simply apologizes. Then I’m good.

In hindsight, I could see the difficult position the RB coach would have been in last season. The feature RB switched from game to game, touch to touch. When you play by committee and who has the hot hand, it is hard to explain why another RB wasn't given their expected opportunities. There were stretches where I didn't see Tim Jordan or Eric Gray. Then at the same time Ty Chandler was being under utulized in the passing game and was silent for stretches. Its hard to explain to the runningbacks the situation, when I would take a guess that Pruitt/Chaney are making judgement calls as the game unfolds off of what they feel.

VN Store

Back