Darel Middleton to the transfer portal

I don't understand exactly what's going on. Are kids not believing in CJH? Why leave so close to fall camp? Is this #28???

Yeah. I'd love to be a fly on the wall. Could be they don't believe in him... but others have very publicly stated their confidence and are telling recruits that the new staff is much better than the old one.

It could be simple honesty in some cases- "You don't fit what we're doing and may want to consider other options".

In other cases it could be personal or academic. If Middleton is not a pro prospect then why not either get a better educational opportunity or perhaps even make things easier academically.

Lots of potential reasons. There isn't likely a single one that covers everyone who left.

PS- the cash for play investigation is still out there. There is always the chance that a player was asked to go elsewhere because of involvement.

Caleb Tremblay USC transfer
Dajon Terry Kansas transfer
Jaquan Blakely
Elijah Simmons
Omari Thomas
Dominic Bailey
Kurrott Garland
Latrell Bumphus
Matthew Butler
Aubrey Solomon
Tyler Baron
Byron Young
Bryson Eason

I mean that seems alright. Still sucks
Very honestly... some of it depends on how much better Garner is than the mess that came before him. I hope... he's great.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Well, first, Middleton is a grown man, who i believe has a degree, and a wife, and a couple of kids to feed. if he was told he wasnt going to see playing time because they changed up the defense, I see why. Middleton is a LARGE individual, who will see the field somewhere.

What this does is open spots for transfers from elsewhere if we have spots.

as for the D this season, can't wait until the SEC runs it down our throats. That's exactly what I would do. It's going to be a season, but I believe HYPEHILL is making good recruiting and transfer ties. we'll see long term.

I think he finds a landing spot, but I am really curious where some of most of these kids without a landing spot go to in the end. Community college? B.M.S., Division 3 to play for coach Vice?

Well, first, Middleton is a grown man, who i believe has a degree, and a wife, and a couple of kids to feed. if he was told he wasnt going to see playing time because they changed up the defense, I see why. Middleton is a LARGE individual, who will see the field somewhere.

What this does is open spots for transfers from elsewhere if we have spots.

as for the D this season, can't wait until the SEC runs it down our throats. That's exactly what I would do. It's going to be a season, but I believe HYPEHILL is making good recruiting and transfer ties. we'll see long term.

any other transfers they take has to count against the 2022 class thus reducing the number of high school players they can take. They are now only interested in transfers that can be here multiple years, at least 3. Can't rob from future classes for 2021.

You are correct but he has very limited potential. Only one year of eligibility left probably to a fan base that would not recognize his name. What are his accomplishments and value?

Middleton is a line stuffer sir, have you seen this individual? He was one of the guys holding it down for beldar. Lets say he goes to a smaller, or a community college, that makes him a star defensive player for them, and he gets advert contracts from that. That's what they are weighing.

Reactions: pimo1
Good prospect. He really did shine sometimes. Oak Ridge boy.

Hope he puts it all together somewhere else.

Still guys, there are s a group of about 5 seniors and then a bunch of other 2 year guys on that DL.
Eason and Barron were LBs last year
We added Young as a DE, then the transfers Tremblay and Terry.

That's 5 guys ADDED from 2020
Yeah, I'm still not understanding why people are panicking...

MIddleton cant go to a community College. He came from a JC two years ago. He didnt participate in spring practice so that basically told you he was finished here. He showed good potential at the end of his first season here but didnt do much of anything last year. Not sure what they'll be missing. Another Oak Ridge guy with no pride for the Vols....

Not surprising. Not surprised when Solomon goes also.
Fortunately the deadline is tonight. The guys who are on the roster as of midnight are on the team. Next year I think the deadline is May 1, which will make more sense.

Tough loss but we will be okay… Im close to Middleton and he told me it was very hard to communicate with CJH for him personally compared to Pruitt not knocking CJH I think he will be successful but him as a offensive coach he has not had the open communication with the older DL like Pruitt did… expect one more DL in the portal very soon… he tells me he had to wait a week to get a 1 on 1 meeting with CJH… with that said I wish all them boys luck and let garner do his thing with the ppl that’s here…

Good prospect. He really did shine sometimes. Oak Ridge boy.

Hope he puts it all together somewhere else.

Still guys, there are s a group of about 5 seniors and then a bunch of other 2 year guys on that DL.
Eason and Barron were LBs last year
We added Young as a DE, then the transfers Tremblay and Terry.

That's 5 guys ADDED from 2020
Yeah, I'm still not understanding why people are panicking...

A tried and true staple against a team like the VOLS rn is just line up and wear you out, physically. they have more guys on the field then you, and can wear you out over time, even if not immediately. that's what i would do. You are going to have to prove your D line can hold, because the SEC has LARGE offensive linemen.

VN Store

Back