Danny White to USC? Rumor mill is insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trojan wire is reporting that USC is offering 8 plus million a year to be their AD. Say it ain’t so!
I think based on observation, he has the support of the UTAD, chancellor, president, and the ultra conservative government of tennessee to include their governor. all in sync.

Paying soneone 8 per as an AD in a State where people can barely afford cost of living is telling. Reeks of desperation.

Looking at history of DW'a family, they typically stay put. I could be wrong but this seems more than about the money. Tennessee is conservative, in best conference and he's happy.
PAC 10 is a mess.

California must be printing their own debt-currency out there.

I'm thinking they're showing 8M for Danny so they can appear sane when they offer someone's brother-in-law 5M.

Either that, or someone in Knoxville has a surplus of mattresses that need to be burned.

Not surprised that he is on this list. After inheriting a dumpster fire, he has led UT to win the All-Sports trophy two years in a row. The lost decade in football and other sports was largely due to incompetence in the AD office. Tenn needs to hold on to him. I doubt that SoCall will be the last suitor. Hopefully, they will hire John Currie.

Not surprised that he is on this list. After inheriting a dumpster fire, he has led UT to win the All-Sports trophy two years in a row. The lost decade in football and other sports was largely due to incompetence in the AD office. Tenn needs to hold on to him. I doubt that SoCall will be the last suitor. Hopefully, they will hire John Currie.

At the risk of alienating the White Fan Club, let's not get carried away. White hired Heupel, and he's been good and we all hope he and the program stays good, but we've had other football coaches who've started well and then faded. That, so far, is a huge plus, yes--but it's not like White plucked him out of obscurity; he was under his nose. All the other athletic success we've had recently as been due to coaches not hired by White. Not that other programs really matter, apparently. Football is the be-all, end-all. Matt Kredich has won two SEC swimming titles with the women--top 10 with the men--one of the best and most well-respected swimming coaches in the country. White just extended Kredich and gave him an absolutely insulting $10,000 pay raise. Hell, you go 6-6 in football and you get a raise of a few million dollars. He extended Harper, women's basketball, and she's accomplished little. He made what is looking like a questionable soccer hire.

John Currie? You mean the guy who hired Vitello?

At the risk of alienating the White Fan Club, let's not get carried away. White hired Heupel, and he's been good and we all hope he and the program stays good, but we've had other football coaches who've started well and then faded. That, so far, is a huge plus, yes--but it's not like White plucked him out of obscurity; he was under his nose. All the other athletic success we've had recently as been due to coaches not hired by White. Not that other programs really matter, apparently. Football is the be-all, end-all. Matt Kredich has won two SEC swimming titles with the women--top 10 with the men--one of the best and most well-respected swimming coaches in the country. White just extended Kredich and gave him an absolutely insulting $10,000 pay raise. Hell, you go 6-6 in football and you get a raise of a few million dollars. He extended Harper, women's basketball, and she's accomplished little. He made what is looking like a questionable soccer hire.

John Currie? You mean the guy who hired Vitello?

Theres more to being a good AD than hiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back