Danny White to USC? Rumor mill is insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this is all BS. Losing AD White but be terrible losing him to uSCw would be intolerable. The thing that pi$$ed me off the most about Kiffy was after he left it was revealed he wanted to make us the usc of the east. I couldn't believe he wanted to bring us that far down.

I hope this is all BS. Losing AD White but be terrible losing him to uSCw would be intolerable. The thing that pi$$ed me off the most about Kiffy was after he left it was revealed he wanted to make us the usc of the east. I couldn't believe he wanted to bring us that far down.

Stop worrying

At the risk of alienating the White Fan Club, let's not get carried away. White hired Heupel, and he's been good and we all hope he and the program stays good, but we've had other football coaches who've started well and then faded. That, so far, is a huge plus, yes--but it's not like White plucked him out of obscurity; he was under his nose. All the other athletic success we've had recently as been due to coaches not hired by White. Not that other programs really matter, apparently. Football is the be-all, end-all. Matt Kredich has won two SEC swimming titles with the women--top 10 with the men--one of the best and most well-respected swimming coaches in the country. White just extended Kredich and gave him an absolutely insulting $10,000 pay raise. Hell, you go 6-6 in football and you get a raise of a few million dollars. He extended Harper, women's basketball, and she's accomplished little. He made what is looking like a questionable soccer hire.

John Currie? You mean the guy who hired Vitello?

How do you factor in the fact that we just tripled up on the Men’s, Women’s and all around SEC sports trophies. Hiring the right people, keeping the right people and of course waiting till the time is right to make changes IS WHAT IT IS. Thankfully he does not seem to suffer from THIS IS TENNESSEE SYNDROME that some of our fans have.

This is not to worry about. Dan is home in Knoxville. He's with us for life. Donde will keep paying him the right amount to keep financials from being a factor.

What this tells me is that USCw has good taste. They're swinging for the best AD in the land. They're not going to get him, but at least they recognize his talent.

Go Vols!

Let's see...THIS
AF-COMPOSITE-LA-SKID-ROW.jpg

homeless-tents-sidewalk-los-angeles-california-usa-homeless-tents-downtown-los-angeles-california-usa-168001130.jpg

vs THIS...
knoxville-tennessee-e1597921323532-1024x576.jpg

21b45cfd0df1fe9850613f6f8848f933.jpg

221759_hero.jpg

it's close...

I don’t think he’d want to be on the West coast, he’s pretty tight with his family who are all on the East coast, most in southeast, I think. I doubt there is anything to it.

California tax bracket for 8 milion = 13.3%. So, 8 x .133 = 1.064 million

So, an 8 million offer is actually 7 million. That's what we would have to match, not 8.

Reactions: GlennTenn
8 million would barely cover the cost of a 2 bedroom 1/2 bath home built in the 40s in California's over priced market. But seriously take a look at the USC program. They rarely put money into stadiums or anything related to sports. Unless you consider a new coat of paint on the coliseum. If this were true and he left i feel it would be a horrible move for his career.

This right here should be enough for Danny to make a wise decision…

“USC president Carol Folt, who might be on shaky ground herself given she hired Bohn, is known across college athletics as someone who is hard to work with. How much longer will she be in charge at USC?”
This on top of the fact that so many have bolted from California for good reason the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back