Dan Mullen to Dallas?

Dallas just played far and away their best game of the year. It would be just like Garrett to win these last two games, win a weak NFC East and save his job. Garrett is not going anywhere. This thread is moot.

Dallas just played far and away their best game of the year. It would be just like Garrett to win these last two games, win a weak NFC East and save his job. Garrett is not going anywhere. This thread is moot.

Lol...Dan Mullen would never be considered for a NFL job. This thread was just for a bucket of giggles.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Yes. McElwain, Muschamp and Zook proved that. The key with Mullen will be with player development, outside of the QB position.

Even Will Muschamp had an 11-1 season. Think about how much in-state talent it takes for the Chumster to win eleven games.

Even Will Muschamp had an 11-1 season. Think about how much in-state talent it takes for the Chumster to win eleven games.
Muschamp had an absolutely ridiculous defense that year. Almost every single starter from that defense was eventually drafted - 5 of them right after that season.

I’ve been vocal about his errors in coaching but never bought the “he cannot recruit “ bs. I saw it said in a thread earlier today and just shook my head
The pooh-poohing of Mullen and what he's done at both Miss St and Florida on this site has always been curious to me. There's a really big need here for people to believe he's a terrible coach.

The pooh-poohing of Mullen and what he's done at both Miss St and Florida on this site has always been curious to me. There's a really big need here for people to believe he's a terrible coach.

I’ve said over and over he’s good but not great. (That’s my opinion...I could be wrong). I based that on the fact that he makes some really questionable decisions during games that cost him wins. He has continued to do it at Florida and I think it will prevent him winning championships. That doesn’t make him a moron or a bad coach. Lots of good coaches never win championships. And I still believe he’s a good but not elite coach. We will see. But again the bad recruiter thing just doesn’t fly.

Reactions: Jax_Vol

1) He has tried to win a division title eleven times and he is 0-11.
2) As an offensive guy, his system does not prepare players to be paid in the NFL. That system doesn't teach anyone how to read a defense.
3) His wife still has the hook in her mouth.

Besides that, he is an ok college coach with around a 60-70% win percentage.

If you can get past that he looks like Cousin Eddie.

I’ve said over and over he’s good but not great. (That’s my opinion...I could be wrong). I based that on the fact that he makes some really questionable decisions during games that cost him wins. He has continued to do it at Florida and I think it will prevent him winning championships. That doesn’t make him a moron or a bad coach. Lots of good coaches never win championships. And I still believe he’s a good but not elite coach. We will see. But again the bad recruiter thing just doesn’t fly.

Good recruiter! Managed to win 10 games one time with the future QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

1) He has tried to win a division title eleven times and he is 0-11.
2) As an offensive guy, his system does not prepare players to be paid in the NFL. That system doesn't teach anyone how to read a defense.
3) His wife still has the hook in her mouth.

Besides that, he is an ok college coach with around a 60-70% win percentage.

If you can get past that he looks like Cousin Eddie.
1. He's spent 9 of those 11 years at Miss St. Miss St is supposed to win division titles? They only have 1 in their history. Mullen only had 1 losing season at Miss St (his very first year) in the midst of that run the SEC West was on at the time.
2. His job isn't to prepare players for the NFL. It's to win college football games. Regardless, he's gotten guys drafted. Dak's struggles in Dallas, during a contract year, are Mullen's fault?
3. OK

Good recruiter! Managed to win 10 games one time with the future QB of the Dallas Cowboys.
I don’t think he’s a great coach.
I didn’t want him here.
I think he’d have been here a long time because he was better than the other recent coaches. Maybe won 10-11 games here but no championships. He could luck into one at Florida. I doubt it but it could happen.

I hope he beats the crap out of Virginia though

1. He's spent 9 of those 11 years at Miss St. Miss St is supposed to win division titles? They only have 1 in their history. Mullen only had 1 losing season at Miss St (his very first year) in the midst of that run the SEC West was on at the time.
2. His job isn't to prepare players for the NFL. It's to win college football games. Regardless, he's gotten guys drafted. Dak's struggles in Dallas, during a contract year, are Mullen's fault?
3. OK

Sleeps with gophers?

I don't know man....it is a bad look. But, we will see how he fares...?

dan.jpg

VN Store

Back