Da Reds thread

I'm pleasantly surprised that they've done so well. I saw a weaker team coming out of Spring Training than we had in Oct. Our bullpen had been gutted and we'd lost our Cy Young award winning starter. The offense was pretty much unchanged and they didn't hit a lick last year. Of course with C19, all bets were off. This year the offense is exciting and gives a fan the idea that you're never out of it. I am floored that the bullpen has stayed "together" since losing Lorenzen, Sims and Antone

I feel exactly the same way. I expected a slide backwards - another transition year - and here they are in the thick of it with no flukes or lightning in a bottle going on. I really believe this is who they are and as they add help from Moose, Senzel, Lorenzen, Sims, Antone, etc. it will keep things going. Krall acts like he's in a deal making mood if it will help the team as well. DJ is a fantastic pitching coach and I think it shows with how they have cobbled together a staff this season.

I feel exactly the same way. I expected a slide backwards - another transition year - and here they are in the thick of it with no flukes or lightning in a bottle going on. I really believe this is who they are and as they add help from Moose, Senzel, Lorenzen, Sims, Antone, etc. it will keep things going. Krall acts like he's in a deal making mood if it will help the team as well. DJ is a fantastic pitching coach and I think it shows with how they have cobbled together a staff this season.

DJ and Kyle Boddy have something going with pitching. It's fun to see on a franchise not known for pitching historically. Given the small market size and all, they need this sort of niche. I don't think they can count on Moose this season. The others should be back but others will get hurt. That's how it works. I'm really looking forward to those 3 relievers you mentioned. That's like making 3 trades. Huge series to start the second half. We seem to match up well vs the Brewers. Strap yourself in. It's going to be a wild ride. Let's try to enjoy it. If they fall short, that's OK, it'll be football season...

Reactions: Vols4us
Here's an article to my inbox from MLB.com and it has a 2nd half prediction for each team.

Trades, 2nd-half predictions for each team

I think you all will like their Reds prediction:

Reds: They’re winning the division
It sure looks like it’s starting to set up for them, doesn’t it? The rotation is getting healthier, the bullpen is rounding into form and the lineup is still hitting. A shortstop would come in handy, though. There are some out there to be had.

Here's an article to my inbox from MLB.com and it has a 2nd half prediction for each team.

Trades, 2nd-half predictions for each team

I think you all will like their Reds prediction:
Beaz would be a great pickup for someone. That’s who I wanted the cards to get. I think he would fit right in with any team though. If I’m the reds, I might want to take a look, though.

Don't care if it was intentional or not, if the Brewers force Nick to miss anytime then we should definitely hit some guys.

I don't know but either way they knocked our best player out and plunked 3 other Reds. We're either the 1st or 2nd team in the entire MLB with hit batsmen and I'm tired of it.
Oh! So they’ve hit a couple of more, huh?? As you should be tired of it, especially the Brewers. I wonder now if that was planned coming in from them tonight??

Understand that you got Lorenzen back.

Just in time for Bell to have him play in the OF and be the designated runner in extra innings in the Saturday game, pull his hamstring, and now go on the 10 day IL. smh...

Back to the drawing board. They handed all three games back to the Brewers.

Last edited:
Just in time for Bell to have him play in the OF and be the designated runner in extra innings in the Saturday game, pull his hamstring, and now go on the 10 day IL. smh...

Back to the drawing board. They handed all three games back to the Brewers.
He got hurt again? Wow! That guy is some kind of player for y’all. I think your bullpen did that the first two games. Your FO must fix that bullpen between now and the 30th of July. I think y’all should of won the first two games.

Just not seeing Garrett round into shape. Blew it again tonight. Still throwing instead of pitching.
Look, I’m a cards fan, but when I get frustrated for y’all’s bullpen, that is saying something from me. I have said y’all really need to get help. I wonder if y’all’s front office is going to do something? Y’all got to get healthy, and then get this bullpen fixed.

If I’m Votto I’m retiring tonight and counting my money and if I’m Nicky C I’m demanding a trade. If the ownership and front office doesn’t care why should I? Nothing says Reds baseball like going 0-4 after the break when everything was just looking up…

Im sorry fricking pissed that this is the team I care about because it sucks having to watch this debacle year in and year out. Forget about being buyers it’s about to be a fire sell.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
Oh and Shogo and Suarez both need to be let go or traded. Combined they went 0-11 and left 13 on base and we would have won this game if either of them had hit a fricking single.

Last edited:
Sorry guys but I’m pissed this is one of the worst losses in recent memory. Honestly at this point I think I’d try Senzel at 3rd once he is healthy and Suarez down to Louisville. You just can’t keep playing a guy who bats .170 and plays horrible defense like he does.

Sorry guys but I’m pissed this is one of the worst losses in recent memory. Honestly at this point I think I’d try Senzel at 3rd once he is healthy and Suarez down to Louisville. You just can’t keep playing a guy who bats .170 and plays horrible defense like he does.

Shogo was a waste of money. Suarez can't get above the Mendoza. There's no place for him in MLB unless he can get it together. Senzel is practicing at SS during rehab. He needs to be in the IF full time. He has the skillset to be Ben Zobrist like, but he needs a home for most of his starts in the IF. If Moose makes it back they will have 3B and 2B covered with him, India and Senzel. They will have SS covered with Senzel and Farmer. Stephenson and Moose can both back up Votto. Even if Moose is of no help or injured the rest of the season each position is covered. The OF is full. So Suarez and Shogo can go.

Thankfully they had Miley to right the ship on the staff tonight.

Shogo was a waste of money. Suarez can't get above the Mendoza. There's no place for him in MLB unless he can get it together. Senzel is practicing at SS during rehab. He needs to be in the IF full time. He has the skillset to be Ben Zobrist like, but he needs a home for most of his starts in the IF. If Moose makes it back they will have 3B and 2B covered with him, India and Senzel. They will have SS covered with Senzel and Farmer. Stephenson and Moose can both back up Votto. Even if Moose is of no help or injured the rest of the season each position is covered. The OF is full. So Suarez and Shogo can go.

Thankfully they had Miley to right the ship on the staff tonight.
Good hold by the bullpen tonight. It feels like the Cards and the reds are still not to far away from the Brewers, doesn’t it? After you got swept, it seems like that was a long time ago. You are still there along with us.

Good hold by the bullpen tonight. It feels like the Cards and the reds are still not to far away from the Brewers, doesn’t it? After you got swept, it seems like that was a long time ago. You are still there along with us.

We have some holes in the line-up still, just like your guys. Trade deadline is looming, so will see how it goes. But I think that will determine whether either team gets it together for a run or not.

Reactions: Orange defense
About the time I give up on Garrett he gets it done twice in a row. Maybe I need to give up on some more of the guys.

Moose was taking grounders before the games this week. No statements out yet on the timeline for his return, but at least that is a positive. If they could get him and Senzel back in time for a good stretch run it would help matters.

We run hot and cold, like most teams, but we're almost 100 games in and we're 3 games over. I'm afraid that's just all this team is. We weren't very good when Antone, Sims, Senzel and Moose were playing. We haven't been very good with them sitting. I think the common denominator is - we just aren't very good.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
We run hot and cold, like most teams, but we're almost 100 games in and we're 3 games over. I'm afraid that's just all this team is. We weren't very good when Antone, Sims, Senzel and Moose were playing. We haven't been very good with them sitting. I think the common denominator is - we just aren't very good.

That's possible - if they do not make any moves in the FO this month. My pre-season prediction was around .500 give or take. I just hate to see them miss their opportunity because of being dumb - again.

It's clear Suarez has lost it and he was always a liability on D. When you are hitting .172 this late in the season and still playing everyday - that's an org decision/issue. As soon as Moose or Senzel comes back sit his tail and if nobody wants him before the trade deadline let him pinch hit or DH against AL's on the road. You cannot play a bad hitter who is also a poor fielder every single game. That shoulder injury/surgery may have ruined him. Antone is dependable. Lorenzen and Gray will be back next week hopefully. Sit Lorenzen's tail in the pen and quit using him for other stuff. It's getting time to settle on your core guys playing everyday along with the most dependable on the staff instead of experimenting every other game.

We have some holes in the line-up still, just like your guys. Trade deadline is looming, so will see how it goes. But I think that will determine whether either team gets it together for a run or not.
Yea, y’all got some holes like we do. What I’m reading is that our FO is being nuts for doing nothing. Mo is cheap. What about your side? Is your FO cheap? Or do you think they will make some kind of move at least? Both teams need to make moves, and not hold back. I agree.

We also blew it last night. Up 6-1 top of the night and the Cubs came back to win it 7-6. I hope we can overcome this, because that might of done us in.

VN Store

Back