Cyberpunk 2077

I literally just bought a new rig with this game in mind. I will be ticked if this happens.

You'll be 100% fine with what you've got now. I'm on a 980 Ti so my card is pushing five years old. Gonna need to upgrade soon.

You'll be 100% fine with what you've got now. I'm on a 980 Ti so my card is pushing five years old. Gonna need to upgrade soon.
i am sure I will be fine. but just the idea that I could have waited and probably got better stuff, or the same for cheaper, chaps me a bit.

I am kinda selling out on my fandom here, going all in. I don't want the better comp for other games, just Cyberpunk.

i am sure I will be fine. but just the idea that I could have waited and probably got better stuff, or the same for cheaper, chaps me a bit.

I am kinda selling out on my fandom here, going all in. I don't want the better comp for other games, just Cyberpunk.

LOL and this...right here is precisely why I got out of the PC game years ago.

LOL and this...right here is precisely why I got out of the PC game years ago.

Well now consoles are doing it too with PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

There's been huge diminishing returns on PC parts in recent years and the high-end parts are crazy expensive. A lot of people are still using CPUs from 2011/2012 and getting by just fine in modern games. My nearly 5-year-old GPU (980 Ti) is comparable in performance to the "budget" Geforce 2060, which just got a price cut to $300. It wasn't that long ago that a top of the line GPU was $500 and "performance" GPUs were $300, now that's budget level.

I upgrade only once every four or five years. I was just planning on the cyberpunk release being my excuse.

Yeah, a lot of it was probably a "me" problem and my OCD nature but when I was PC gaming, it seemed like upgrading became an annual thing. One year it was my video card, another year it was my RAM, then the next year it was my CPU and oh look at that! My current motherboard doesnt support the newer CPU well, guess I will have to upgrade that! Then came the monitor upgrades and oh wow! I can overclock my CPU? Awesome but I need a better fan, well let's upgrade that. What? The newest Sound cards supports DTS 5.1? Oh hell I gotta have that! What? I can get FASTER RAM now? Well hell, let me replace my motherboard once again! Then theres firewall/virus concerns, compatibility concerns. Disc defragmenting. Bios upgrades. Performance optimization, and on and on and on! For me, console gaming just makes more sense. I love the simplistic nature of it. Buy the box, stick it under your TV! Done for the next 5-7 years. I'll gladly take the performance hit for the simplicity of a console. Hell I'm still using a 1080p Plasma TV. I dont even have 4K yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: UTK and tweezervol
Yeah, a lot of it was probably a "me" problem and my OCD nature but when I was PC gaming, it seemed like upgrading became an annual thing. One year it was my video card, another year it was my RAM, then the next year it was my CPU and oh look at that! My current motherboard doesnt support the newer CPU well, guess I will have to upgrade that! Then came the monitor upgrades and oh wow! I can overclock my CPU? Awesome but I need a better fan, well let's upgrade that. What? The newest Sound cards supports DTS 5.1? Oh hell I gotta have that! What? I can get FASTER RAM now? Well hell, let me replace my motherboard once again! Then theres firewall/virus concerns, compatibility concerns. Disc defragmenting. Bios upgrades. Performance optimization, and on and on and on! For me, console gaming just makes more sense. I love the simplistic nature of it. Buy the box, stick it under your TV! Done for the next 5-7 years. I'll gladly take the performance hit for the simplicity of a console. Hell I'm still using a 1080p Plasma TV. I dont even have 4K yet.

Well said. PC gaming is awesome in many ways , but someone with an OCD nature it can become more of a hassle. You start worrying about twerking settings and all this junk to get optimal performance. Espically if you don't have a high end PC. "WHY TF DOES THIS ONLY RUN AT 53 FPS. Where the hell is my other 7?!" Lmao

Well said. PC gaming is awesome in many ways , but someone with an OCD nature it can become more of a hassle. You start worrying about twerking settings and all this junk to get optimal performance. Espically if you don't have a high end PC. "WHY TF DOES THIS ONLY RUN AT 53 FPS. Where the hell is my other 7?!" Lmao
It's a damn rabbit hole man! And you're right. What I find interesting about most console gamers vs PC gamers is when console gamers like to talk **** about bragging rights, it's almost always pertaining to the actual library of games, which ultimately is what matters. "Hey my console is better because I have Halo, Gears, and Forza" or "mine's better because I have Zelda and Metroid." Yet with PC gamers, the bragging rights ALWAYS come down to the tech. "Well I have the GXT2000 blah blah card that can push 8k at 120fps!" "Oh yeah? Well my CPU is overclocked to 4.8 gigahertz and I have 128gb of GDDR7 RAM." God, how BORING! I never hear PC gamers talking up specific PC exclusive titles as a compelling reason to go PC. Its ALWAYS about the tech.

Ultra settings are a sham these days. You gain like 5% improvement to visuals for a 30% performance hit. I pretty much run everything on "high," not even "very high," to maximize performance and keep the games looking good. Back during the Crysis era going from low to high was huge, and high to ultra was another big leap. Now even low and ultra don't look that much different in many games.

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
Still running a i5-3570k. Had a GTX 660, but upgraded to the 1070 a few years ago. Like some of you said you don't need the latest and greatest every year. It's more of a bragging right than anything else. Oh, and I am still using the 8 GB of DDR3 RAM that I bought when I got my i5-3570k NEW. Funny thing is that it blows the crap outta the current gen models (still had to get that jab in there). I don't care about 4k gaming, honestly. My main is 2k as you get so much more performance out of that rez while keeping your fps at a healthy number. You don't see much of a difference between 2k and 4k. But you do if 2k is at 60 fps and 4k is at 30.

That being said, if I decide to upgrade anything in my computer I will basically be starting from scratch. But hey, I look at $/hour used and I think I hit it out of the park with that.

I dont fiddle with mine at all. I run it at least 90% the same I do a console. Some games just play better on one or the other for me meaning control/haptics not actual graphics. And I dont plug a controller in, just mouse and key board.

My biggest issue with console is I hate the community.

That and the computer has a better support community, imo.

It's a damn rabbit hole man! And you're right. What I find interesting about most console gamers vs PC gamers is when console gamers like to talk **** about bragging rights, it's almost always pertaining to the actual library of games, which ultimately is what matters. "Hey my console is better because I have Halo, Gears, and Forza" or "mine's better because I have Zelda and Metroid." Yet with PC gamers, the bragging rights ALWAYS come down to the tech. "Well I have the GXT2000 blah blah card that can push 8k at 120fps!" "Oh yeah? Well my CPU is overclocked to 4.8 gigahertz and I have 128gb of GDDR7 RAM." God, how BORING! I never hear PC gamers talking up specific PC exclusive titles as a compelling reason to go PC. Its ALWAYS about the tech.
I would say at least 95% of games on a console are on PC. And there is no exclusions, so you cant argue what one has over the other.

I really hate that my xbox cant play Play Station games and I dont care enough to bye another console. My computer will play both.

I would say at least 95% of games on a console are on PC. And there is no exclusions, so you cant argue what one has over the other.

I really hate that my xbox cant play Play Station games and I dont care enough to bye another console. My computer will play both.

Give me some examples of true high quality AAA games that can only be played on PC (not a bunch of Steam fodder) . Maybe it's just because I'm not part of that community anymore but I never hear PC gamers talk specifically about titles that aren't already on console. Yet I can list plenty of examples of high quality console games that either cannot be played on PC or there was a significant time gap before they finally made their way to PC.

Give me some examples of true high quality AAA games that can only be played on PC (not a bunch of Steam fodder) . Maybe it's just because I'm not part of that community anymore but I never hear PC gamers talk specifically about titles that aren't already on console. Yet I can list plenty of examples of high quality console games that either cannot be played on PC or there was a significant time gap before they finally made their way to PC.

PC doesn't have many AAA exclusives nowadays but it's the only real choice for MOBAs, many competitive FPS, RTS and turn-based strategy, many MMORPGs, simulation games, and low-budget indie games that can't get released on Xbox/PS due to costs (usually after succeeding on PC they'll be released on consoles), and a few other genres.

To me the beauty of PC is its back catalog, customization options, modding options, upgradeability, emulation capabilities (many AAA PS3 games can now be played at 4K 60 FPS, and I can emulate every console ever going back to the Atari 2600), free multiplayer, and the fact that I already need a PC anyway for work, so why not make it play games, too.

That said, I think having a gaming PC + a Sony console right now is the best of both worlds. It seems that Microsoft has fully embraced the PC as a gaming platform and most/all Xbox games moving forward will be cross-platform. Horizon: Zero Dawn coming to PC is also promising because that's a heavy hitter for Sony, so them giving up exclusivity is interesting and could be a sign of more ports in the future.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we are approaching the end of consoles, perhaps after this generation or the next. Look at what CDPR was able to do with Witcher 3 on Switch. The Switch is really weak but it can play a AAA title from 2015, albeit with visual sacrifices. Look 5-7 years in the future and we'll see more handheld devices capable of putting out extremely high-quality visuals, especially with the evolution of graphics starting to slow down. Eventually we'll reach a point where almost every device is capable of playing any game, or at least developers will stop aiming so high and instead develop for the massive smartphone/tablet market and we'll play directly on them or just stream games to our TVs from them.

Reactions: Rifleman
Pretty much any strategy game out there. Console is pretty limited to RPGs and FPS/TPS. You get racers too. PC has it all.

Throwing out names I would say Starcraft, Civilizations, Divinity at one point was, etc.

There is a reason when you have cross platform games they are show cased on PC. It runs better.

Besides the point wasnt what was exclusive TOO PC. The point was there is pretty much no game out there that is exclusive FROM PC. So you cant argue games.

I am not one of the master race clowns. Just saying your argument on games is irrelevant.

Pretty much any strategy game out there. Console is pretty limited to RPGs and FPS/TPS. You get racers too. PC has it all.

Throwing out names I would say Starcraft, Civilizations, Divinity at one point was, etc.

There is a reason when you have cross platform games they are show cased on PC. It runs better.

Besides the point wasnt what was exclusive TOO PC. The point was there is pretty much no game out there that is exclusive FROM PC. So you cant argue games.

I am not one of the master race clowns. Just saying your argument on games is irrelevant.
LOL theres a **** ton of games that are exclusive FROM PC. Nintendo's entire exclusive library for starters, and 99.99% of PlayStation's.

Reactions: UTK
LOL theres a **** ton of games that are exclusive FROM PC. Nintendo's entire exclusive library for starters, and 99.99% of PlayStation's.
That is what they make emulators for. I think they have emulation for up to the Wii working well. Same for playstation, though I think PS3 emulation has been problematic.

That is what they make emulators for. I think they have emulation for up to the Wii working well. Same for playstation, though I think PS3 emulation has been problematic.
So 10 years from now, when I'm thinking about buying a PS6, you'll finally be able to poorly emulate the games I played 5 years ago on PS4? Your argument is a tad weak. Heck there are still 16 bit era games that emulators have trouble with. Don't get me wrong I love emulators. But they don't effect console exclusive games at all.

So 10 years from now, when I'm thinking about buying a PS6, you'll finally be able to poorly emulate the games I played 5 years ago on PS4? Your argument is a tad weak. Heck there are still 16 bit era games that emulators have trouble with. Don't get me wrong I love emulators. But they don't effect console exclusive games at all.

Not in any practical manner, and not any games that 99.9% of people care about. Really misleading statement.

Not in any practical manner, and not any games that 99.9% of people care about. Really misleading statement.
Star Fox, Mario RPG, Donkey Jong Country, any of the Super FX games for super nintendo are problematic. It can be done. But it's a pain too get some games running correctly. Some that do run, don't run terribly well. The reasons for it vary of course, but emulators have never been totally plug and play. Even for the older games. My statement isn't misleading at all.

Reactions: Rifleman

VN Store

Back