Curley Hallman on Fulmer and Pruitt

He hasn't and it's the primary reason he has never been a head coach again. The OP is grasping at straws for any outside opinion that supports the notion that Pruitt deserves more time. When Pruitt isn't hired again as head coach for a long, long time following his experiment at UT, it still won't register in their minds that he was a terrible hire in the first place. It's the same reason Dooley has never been a head coach again and the only reason Jones was rehired is because AD's believe that Saban's mystique will somehow rub off on his assistant coaches. If time were the answers to those two disasters, then they would have been rehired immediately after leaving UT. Giving a coach more time doesn't magically make them better just like practicing the same flawed golf swing over and over doesn't make you a better golfer. If we could point to areas of strengths for Pruitt that have really improved the team, then there would be some logic behind the more time argument, but outside of a handful of players on defense and Eric Gray, there has been little to no measurable improvement and this year's recruiting class will put to bed the fallacy that he is an elite recruiter.
giphy.gif

Heh. Speaking of no substance....

You keep proving my point. If this were a court case you'd get thrown out on your a**. Your argument is illogical, irrelevant and implausible. At some.point you have to back up your claims with evidence or simply state, "in my opinion". So far, you've done neither of those things. So, yet again, keep trying, maybe you'll eventually stumble upon something that will help further your narrative but I have no doubt that if you did that too would be easily scrutinized and denounced as more nonsensical blather.

Just to think if Hamilton never snubbed Gary Patterson, we wouldn’t be in this mess.

I think coaches finally realized we don’t take winning seriously.

After Dooley left the cupboard bare I think it was a hard job to sell to an established coach. After Butch was let go we should have been able to find a competent guy if our AD and administration wasn't such a shitshow.

Your post is exactly like the head coaching careers of Hallman and Pruitt, an absolute failure.
I am sure you value your opinion of the post.
Absolute usually means total.
CCH and CJP both were compensated to the point I'm sure THEY at least think it was a good gig.
So NOT absolute.
I would be fairly certain that neither care about your opinion of their tenure, nor do I.
Would you not trade bank accounts with CJP??

CCH and CJP both were compensated to the point I'm sure THEY at least think it was a good gig.
So NOT absolute.
I would be fairly certain that neither care about your opinion of their tenure, nor do I.

The fact you replied to my opinion says that you do in fact care about my opinion. And if Hallman was not an absolute failure he'd have gotten another head coaching job and if Pruitt was doing what was expected of him he wouldn't be getting asked by the media if Fulmer had given him a vote of confidence. Yet another failure of a post by you. At least you're successful at failure so there's that at least. You got anything else or was that all the nonsense you could come up with?

So NOT absolute.

Are you trying to make the argument that Pruitt isn't "failing" as a HC because he's making a substantial amount of money in the position?

You do know that his compensation is in no way tied to his performance, right?

Reactions: JVol76
Are you trying to make the argument that Pruitt isn't "failing" as a HC because he's making a substantial amount of money in the position?

You do know that his compensation is in no way tied to his performance, right?
Of coarse he is failing. I replied to the ABSOLUTE. He is laughing all the way to the bank. It is most definitely not failing to him. So not absolute.

You are throwing around that absolute again....
Please give your definition.

Pruitt was hired to make UT relevant in the SEC, and build a team that is competitive with our 3 biggest rivals.

At the moment we are vying with Vandy to not be worst in the SEC, and can't compete with the likes of Kentucky and Arkansas in Pruitt's third season.

I'd say that's pretty "absolute" in terms of failing to achieve what he was hired to do.

Pruitt was hired to make UT relevant in the SEC, and build a team that is competitive with our 3 biggest rivals.

At the moment we are vying with Vandy to not be worst in the SEC, and can't compete with the likes of Kentucky and Arkansas in Pruitt's third season.

I'd say that's pretty "absolute" in terms of failing to achieve what he was hired to do.
Well, all we needed was a QB, I think we've got a couple now.

Of coarse he is failing. I replied to the ABSOLUTE. He is laughing all the way to the bank. It is most definitely not failing to him. So not absolute.
Oh, make no mistake, Pruitt knows he has failed. He took this job to prove that he could be the HC at Alabama, that dream is dead for him, and he knows it.

You keep proving my point. If this were a court case you'd get thrown out on your a**. Your argument is illogical, irrelevant and implausible. At some.point you have to back up your claims with evidence or simply state, "in my opinion". So far, you've done neither of those things. So, yet again, keep trying, maybe you'll eventually stumble upon something that will help further your narrative but I have no doubt that if you did that too would be easily scrutinized and denounced as more nonsensical blather.
Hmm. You know that I've made no argument in this thread, right?

I've only commented on the validity of the arguments of others. I've ventured not a single opinion on the topic directly. I have no "narrative."

You seem to be tilting at windmills. :)

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I disagree, our VolNation arm chair coaches are the best in football.
Check their stats.
I hope that we can keep enough posters to keep VolNation viable next year when they all get jobs at P5 schools and get too busy to post their knowledge.
Losing the arm chair coaches and the couch ADs who know so much about hiring coaches may be more than Freak can overcome. It is difficult to keep such talent.

Best post I've read in a while

Oh, make no mistake, Pruitt knows he has failed. He took this job to prove that he could be the HC at Alabama, that dream is dead for him, and he knows it.
Our opinions are different.
Pruitt has never had any more chance at being HC at Alabama than I do.
He is not HC material, certainly not at a school that cares about winning.
Why he was given the Tennessee job remains a mystery.

Hmm. You know that I've made no argument in this thread, right?

I've only commented on the validity of the arguments of others. I've ventured not a single opinion on the topic directly. I have no "narrative."

You seem to be tilting at windmills. :)

Your argument would be attempting to dispute or agree with the validity of the thread itself, that would be the argument regardless of which side you choose. You're just not very good at this, not at all. You're grasping at anything in attempt to seem educated on the topic but what you put forth as a comment couldn't even be counted as an opinion because even opinions need a basis of truth and yours is lacking. Yet, AGAIN, I'll ask, do you have anything of relevance or substance or just the same old nonsense over and over? Your attempted retort fell flat once again. Please give it another try.

He knows more about coaching and rebuilding than you do, no matter what his record was.
My understanding of many Volnation posters really came into focus when I realized some REALLY DO THINK they know as much/more than a current/former coach in the SEC. They really do. And the truth is for most of us if we were sitting in the game planning meeting on any given week we would not even understand the terminology much less how to scheme spacing/mismatching to defeat another SEC team. It really is entertaining when you realize that truth. I've said before I live in a family of former SEC players and Coordinators and to watch a game with them is like an "out of body" experience. They speak of things I simply DO NOT UNDERSTAND. But its still entertaining.

My understanding of many Volnation posters really came into focus when I realized some REALLY DO THINK they know as much/more than a current/former coach in the SEC. They really do. And the truth is for most of us if we were sitting in the game planning meeting on any given week we would not even understand the terminology much less how to scheme spacing/mismatching to defeat another SEC team. It really is entertaining when you realize that truth. I've said before I live in a family of former SEC players and Coordinators and to watch a game with them is like an "out of body" experience. They speak of things I simply DO NOT UNDERSTAND. But its still entertaining.

Only on Volnation will someone attempt to defend Curley Hallman's demonstrable lack of coaching prowess to try and support the case for retaining Jeremy Pruitt; it's unreal.

Not a lot different that any other type of specialized job, really. This is a sports board and sports boards are infamous for being absurd a lot of the time. Volnation is in upper echelon of classy sports forums, if such a thing exists, but even here we run in a bar ditch ever now and again.
However, I don't have know how to do a transplant to know whether I trust the surgeon or not. I just look at results, patterns of results.
I do chuckle at how intense the mental jousting can get on here, i.e. any QB thread or thread that can be turned into a QB hijack, lol.

Reactions: tennrich1

VN Store

Back