Curley Hallman on Fulmer and Pruitt

First and foremost, coaches defend coaches. It's extremely rare for a coach to come out and say another sucks or needs fired, especially when the coach talking in the piece sucked and got fired. So take that fluff piece with a huge grain of salt.

Reactions: BeardedVol
Hahaha...folks I think this is where the prosecution says to the court...”your honor the state rest it’s case”!! 😂😂😂😂😂 That is too beautiful!

You do understand that I have/do coach for many years? You don't really have much of an argument to backup your nonsensical claim? Based off of most of your takes, I can see why

This team certainly has not quit they have played hard to then in every game. And you really don't understand CJP if you think he doesn't demand a high level of performance. I will agree he is not having a lot of fun right now, he hates losing.
Your defense of JP is admirable but not based in reality. I don't have to understand JP to know and recognize leadership qualities. He is lacking in them as a HC. As for quitting, his team quit in the second half of GA and AR and the game with KY. They were non-stop competitive and never in the game with AL and FL. They played better against AU. As for fun, he is going to experience much more "un-fun" as a HC.

This team certainly has not quit they have played hard to then in every game. And you really don't understand CJP if you think he doesn't demand a high level of performance. I will agree he is not having a lot of fun right now, he hates losing.

Are you seriously suggesting that the team didn't quit the 2nd half of the Kentucky game? If he demands such a "high level" of performance, then why did he continue to play a qb that made mistake after mistake on the field. The offensive line lacks any basic fundamentals when it comes to pass protection and the secondary still cannot defend a slant. So your notion that Pruitt demands a "high level" of performance may be true on it's premise but he clearly has no idea how to coach/relate it to the players and assistant coaches. He must not expect that same high level of performance from his coaches because Friend and Weinke have not delivered.

I don't hire or fire 🔥 coaches, but I do know numbers don't lie. 3-8 in your 3rd year is just horrible. Time for a new coach.

Your defense of JP is admirable but not based in reality. I don't have to understand JP to know and recognize leadership qualities. He is lacking in them as a HC. As for quitting, his team quit in the second half of GA and AR and the game with KY. They were non-stop competitive and never in the game with AL and FL. They played better against AU. As for fun, he is going to experience much more "un-fun" as a HC.
Are you seriously suggesting that the team didn't quit the 2nd half of the Kentucky game?
There is difference between quitting and being dog tired. We left the defense on the field for the entire game in those contests.

Hire Curley Hallman??
Jim-Halpert-Yes.gif

There is difference between quitting and being dog tired. We left the defense on the field for the entire game in those contests.

KY TOP 33:59 TN TOP 26:01
AR TOP 32:59 TN TOP 27:01
AU TOP 28:31 TN TOP 31:29

Tell us again how our defense was on the field for the entire game?

Reactions: JVol76
It's amazing to me our AD can screw up in every way imaginable for an entire decade and people will still make this tired appeal to authority. Over and over and over and over.

The concept of incompetent people who are dumber than the average bear occupying positions of power does not even register as a possibility with you guys does it?
Something to consider.

Do we have 2 true “difference makers” on our team, and if so, who? I don’t know if this ‘21 class does unless the TX QB balls out. Can difference makers be developed and can this staff develop talent. To turn the corner, players have to be developed as we are not recruiting elite talent. Finally, what’s the problem with chemistry? If the coaches can’t agree on what to do, how are the players to respond? Is leadership anywhere?

To his defense he did have a winning record at Southern miss. Even had a 10-2 season.
But he never improved record wise. Finished 39-39 overall

He makes some good points. He's right about creating chemistry. LSU was missing that this year too.

My problem with Pruitt is that...it took probably someone threatening his job to bench JG.
And now that Bailey is finally getting to play, Pruitt is STILL creating an unstable environment for the QBs.
Make one mistake and you get pulled. He did that to Shrout and Bailey last game. He did it to Brian last season.
And it holds back the maturation of the offense.

He doesn't respect... or possess that ability to cultivate the most important position in football. And that IS a problem.

I'm taking UT to beat the Aggies tomorrow. And if that happens...I still want Pruitt gone.

There's been to many unnecessary losses ( Ga state 19, BYU 19, UK 20, Ark 20).
All because of insanity basically. he would have finished 10-3 in 2019 and would be 5-4 this season. And i'll go ahead and say 6-3. We beat Auburn if we had any other QB playing that game. Those 4 -5 games are the issue here...

Pruitt doesn't seem like a guy that can adapt enough all-around to win big time here.

His recruiting was phenomenal in 19 and 20. But his inability to put it all together as a product has now impacted that great recruiting in 21 and moving forward.
I kind of thought the same thing, he even said that sometimes coaches can't build the chemistry needed to succeed. That is where we are now and need to move on. I think honestly any replacement has a better chance to succeed than Pruitt.

Reactions: LittleVol
No... we should get better at hiring people. Derek Dooley was the most inexplicable coaching hire I’ve seen in the SEC in my lifetime. That hire, along with Kiffin leaving after one year effectively nuked the program. 3 coaches in 5 years is the equivalent of giving yourself probation and we’ve never recovered.
The gift of Mike Hamilton keeps on giving. Would it be so expensive to hire a great AD? I mean go out and find a guy that has a history of making great hires. It just seems we have the dumbest athletic dept in the conference.

Yes. I’m sure every coach who has ever been canned had a list of “valid excuses” they brought with them to the meeting with the AD

So, according to your use of quotation marks, you don’t understand that there’s such a thing as a valid excuse. Is that right?

Good to know.

So, according to your use of quotation marks, you don’t understand that there’s such a thing as a valid excuse. Is that right?

Good to know.

If you're talking about this season, there is no valid excuse for it.

And this is why I said bringing in Fool Lip Fill More was a bad idea. Hopefully, Barnes will stick around long enough to get Tennessee recognized as one of the great basketball schools. That will be some solace to some of us.

Good to know.

Of course there are valid excuses. Injuries are one. “I’m tired” is not when TOP was not that much different in the game you referenced.

VN Store

Back