Curley Hallman on Fulmer and Pruitt

You do understand there’s a difference between a bullshat excuse and a valid excuse, yes?

Then go ahead and give a valid excuse for the last three years. Notice that I said excuse, not excuses, singular, only one. Also notice I said valid, not the typical Pruitt apologist, what did you call it, bullshat? Pruitt isn't the answer and the sooner people like you accept it the better you'll be. His coaching ability is below Butch Jones. His on field results are below what Jones produced. His recruiting isn't on par with Jones. His player development is right in line with Jones and that damn sure isn't good. Jones was fired because he was inept at these things yet you want to keep a coach who is levels below him. When you accept mediocrity you get mediocrity and at this point we've fallen below that.

Reactions: The Original Fade
It amazes me how people who have never stepped foot on a football field in any capacity know more, are smarter, have more football I.Q. and leader ship qualities than a man who was a Head Coach at multiple schools including one in the SEC. SMH, I sincerely hope the people that say these boards have no effect on players and coaches are right if they are wrong we are doomed.

It amazes me how people who have never stepped foot on a football field in any capacity know more, are smarter, have more football I.Q. and leader ship qualities than a man who was a Head Coach at multiple schools including one in the SEC. SMH, I sincerely hope the people that say these boards have no effect on players and coaches are right if they are wrong we are doomed.
I don't care how much you think he knows. The product we put on the field is abysmal. This is year 3 about to go into 4. Development is nonexistent, strength and conditioning is not great, and even recruiting is nothing special. How many years does it take to rebuild this team, decades or maybe centuries?

I don't care how much you think he knows. The product we put on the field is abysmal. This is year 3 about to go into 4. Development is nonexistent, strength and conditioning is not great, and even recruiting is nothing special. How many years does it take to rebuild this team, decades or maybe centuries?
I dont know what he knows, even if he's an absolute idiot he's been there and done that. I think that gives what he says a bit more clout than arm chair quarterbacks.

Reactions: Vol4life2
I dont know what he knows, even if he's an absolute idiot he's been there and done that. I think that gives what he says a bit more clout than arm chair quarterbacks.
So the complete **** product that's put out on the field means nothing? You're insane. I hope the real people in charge are a lot smarter then you and anyone else calling to keep Pruitt seemingly forever.

I disagree, our VolNation arm chair coaches are the best in football.
Check their stats.
I hope that we can keep enough posters to keep VolNation viable next year when they all get jobs at P5 schools and get too busy to post their knowledge.
Losing the arm chair coaches and the couch ADs who know so much about hiring coaches may be more than Freak can overcome. It is difficult to keep such talent.
I wish I could like this more than once..

I don’t think anyone is satisfied whit what is seen on the field so far, but it is insane to continue to pay coaches to go work for Saban at bargain basement salaries. The program has endured past incompetence and can easily weather at least two more years of this. Perhaps then we either find Pruitt has learned on the job or we are in the same state of distress... I cannot believe it can get much worse. We need Bailey to be the Peyton of our era. Let’s see what he can do next year as a Freshman to impress recruits/make the coaches look better than they are just like Peyton did his Sophomore year.

Then go ahead and give a valid excuse for the last three years. Notice that I said excuse, not excuses, singular, only one. Also notice I said valid, not the typical Pruitt apologist, what did you call it, bullshat? Pruitt isn't the answer and the sooner people like you accept it the better you'll be. His coaching ability is below Butch Jones. His on field results are below what Jones produced. His recruiting isn't on par with Jones. His player development is right in line with Jones and that damn sure isn't good. Jones was fired because he was inept at these things yet you want to keep a coach who is levels below him. When you accept mediocrity you get mediocrity and at this point we've fallen below that.

okay5.gif

I don’t think anyone is satisfied whit what is seen on the field so far, but it is insane to continue to pay coaches to go work for Saban at bargain basement salaries. The program has endured past incompetence and can easily weather at least two more years of this. Perhaps then we either find Pruitt has learned on the job or we are in the same state of distress... I cannot believe it can get much worse. We need Bailey to be the Peyton of our era. Let’s see what he can do next year as a Freshman to impress recruits/make the coaches look better than they are just like Peyton did his Sophomore year.

The more I think about it, the more confident I am that we will improve if we stay the course. I still have a lot of doubts, but I've sited a litany of reasons to remain optimistic on this board, and I can't refute them, try as I might. Toss in the fact that it's a terrible time to be firing a coach, and chilling out for another year is the only rational course of action in my mind.

The more I think about it, the more confident I am that we will improve if we stay the course. I still have a lot of doubts, but I've sited a litany of reasons to remain optimistic on this board, and I can't refute them, try as I might. Toss in the fact that it's a terrible time to be firing a coach, and chilling out for another year is the only rational course of action in my mind.

YOU can’t refute them?! Shocking

Reactions: JVol76
So that's the best you could come up with? Not surprising coming from someone who wants to stay the course and thinks the best plan of action would be no action.

Sometimes that is the best course of action. Don’t start feeling superior. You don’t know $hit about $hit.

Sometimes that is the best course of action. Don’t start feeling superior. You don’t know $hit about $hit.

Instead of getting rid of the problem, you’d rather keep the problem hoping he won’t turn out to be a problem anymore?

Great plan.

Let’s see how far that gets us.

Your literal plan is to do nothing and hope that Pruitt suddenly stops making terrible assistant hires/retentions, and magically changes his 1996 defense-first philosophy, that no longer works in college football.

How many times in modern college football have you seen a P5 coach show regression by his 3rd season, and go on to find success while at that same school?

How many times in modern college football have you seen a P5 coach show regression by his 3rd season, and go on to find success while at that same school?

How many times has UT had a coach that didn’t regress in his third season?

I can’t wait for your answer, so I’ll tell you.

There’s only two: Bob Neyland and Butch Jones.

Patience has great benefits, and it’s one of the few things we haven’t tried in the last 15 years.

VN Store

Back