Curley Hallman on Fulmer and Pruitt

He knows more about coaching and rebuilding than you do, no matter what his record was.
I disagree, our VolNation arm chair coaches are the best in football.
Check their stats.
I hope that we can keep enough posters to keep VolNation viable next year when they all get jobs at P5 schools and get too busy to post their knowledge.
Losing the arm chair coaches and the couch ADs who know so much about hiring coaches may be more than Freak can overcome. It is difficult to keep such talent.

And?? That doesn't make him right

Where did I say he was right? All I did was post a link... it's just information, dude. If frozen dude wants to be curt and attack his credibility because he doesn't like the opinion, then that's ignorant. He has the right to do it, but I have the right to call him out on it.

Where did I say he was right? All I did was post a link... it's just information, dude. If frozen dude wants to be curt and attack his credibility because he doesn't like the opinion, then that's ignorant. He has the right to do it, but I have the right to call him out on it.
I wasn't giving you crap for posting the article, I just remember Curley, he was an awful head coach. Truthfully, we probably still need to be sending both he and Goff annual Christmas cards for tanking LSU and Georgia both at about the same time, they both aided our 90's run.

Last edited:
Wow, commentary from one of the worst head coaches in league history.
To his defense he did have a winning record at Southern miss. Even had a 10-2 season.
But he never improved record wise. Finished 39-39 overall

He makes some good points. He's right about creating chemistry. LSU was missing that this year too.

My problem with Pruitt is that...it took probably someone threatening his job to bench JG.
And now that Bailey is finally getting to play, Pruitt is STILL creating an unstable environment for the QBs.
Make one mistake and you get pulled. He did that to Shrout and Bailey last game. He did it to Brian last season.
And it holds back the maturation of the offense.

He doesn't respect... or possess that ability to cultivate the most important position in football. And that IS a problem.

I'm taking UT to beat the Aggies tomorrow. And if that happens...I still want Pruitt gone.

There's been to many unnecessary losses ( Ga state 19, BYU 19, UK 20, Ark 20).
All because of insanity basically. he would have finished 10-3 in 2019 and would be 5-4 this season. And i'll go ahead and say 6-3. We beat Auburn if we had any other QB playing that game. Those 4 -5 games are the issue here...

Pruitt doesn't seem like a guy that can adapt enough all-around to win big time here.

His recruiting was phenomenal in 19 and 20. But his inability to put it all together as a product has now impacted that great recruiting in 21 and moving forward.

To his defense he did have a winning record at Southern miss. Even had a 10-2 season.
But he never improved record wise. Finished 39-39 overall

He makes some good points. He's right about creating chemistry. LSU was missing that this year too.

My problem with Pruitt is that...it took probably someone threatening his job to bench JG.
And now that Bailey is finally getting to play, Pruitt is STILL creating an unstable environment for the QBs.
Make one mistake and you get pulled. He did that to Shrout and Bailey last game. He did it to Brian last season.
And it holds back the maturation of the offense.

He doesn't respect... or possess that ability to cultivate the most important position in football. And that IS a problem.

I'm taking UT to beat the Aggies tomorrow. And if that happens...I still want Pruitt gone.

There's been to many unnecessary losses ( Ga state 19, BYU 19, UK 20, Ark 20).
All because of insanity basically. he would have finished 10-3 in 2019 and would be 5-4 this season. And i'll go ahead and say 6-3. We beat Auburn if we had any other QB playing that game. Those 4 -5 games are the issue here...

Pruitt doesn't seem like a guy that can adapt enough all-around to win big time here.

His recruiting was phenomenal in 19 and 20. But his inability to put it all together as a product has now impacted that great recruiting in 21 and moving forward.
Lost me picking Vols tomorrow.

I read that article on Curly Hallman endorsing Fulmer keeping Pruitt. Yeah, the propaganda is starting on that front. He is definitely staying.

Exactly.

It will be a steady trickle for the next couple of weeks and we will also be told how grateful we should be for a mid range SEC recruiting class that ends up getting the Vols no closer to GA, FL, or AL.

This will be followed up with a few of the assistants getting canned to shift blame from the two dolts running this mess who feathered their own beds on the down low.

His credibility should be in question if he endorses keeping this dumpster fire burning. I agree with the premise that some fans are too quick to want coaching change but there is zero proof that this team is moving in the right direction and a ton of evidence that it is going downhill. The one bright spot of Pruitt has been his recruiting and it has fallen off as of late.

Reactions: lifeisdeep

VN Store

Back