Cultural Marxism and the Birth of Thought Crime

You're a carbon copy of Luther when it comes to this subject.
Not really. You want people to be able to break the law continuously without recourse. I want criminals to stay in jail so they don’t hurt anyone else

It's hard for felons to find a decent place to live or even a decent job so they end up living in high crime areas struggling to make ends meet. So it's only natural for them to be caught up in criminal activity again.
Do you hire felons where you work??
Have you ever been a felon???
Do you believe companies should be able to see if a person is a felon via background check??

Not really. You want people to be able to break the law continuously without recourse. I want criminals to stay in jail so they don’t hurt anyone else

It's apparent that you cannot grasp the concept of the current system has failed. Why keep doing what we're doing when it's not working?

No I do not want people to break the law without recourse, I want to punish the people that break the law (yes I want the laws to change) but after they are punished be able to live a productive life without battling their past every day.

Do you hire felons where you work??
Have you ever been a felon???
Do you believe companies should be able to see if a person is a felon via background check??

We do not have a no felon policy but many of our clients do so there are only a couple positions a felon can hold.
I have never been convicted of a felony.
I'll admit that I'm torn over this one. Yes I do but there should be a time limit, say 7-10 years and it doesn't show up anymore. Like a speeding ticket, they drop off.

It's apparent that you cannot grasp the concept of the current system has failed. Why keep doing what we're doing when it's not working?

No I do not want people to break the law without recourse, I want to punish the people that break the law (yes I want the laws to change) but after they are punished be able to live a productive life without battling their past every day.
It’s not failing as much as it’s not being applied correctly. It’s like saying education is failing because of current system but the reality is the system was right and has been altered by politics

It’s not failing as much as it’s not being applied correctly. It’s like saying education is failing because of current system but the reality is the system was right and has been altered by politics

Luther, did you hack Ricky's account?

We do not have a no felon policy but many of our clients do so there are only a couple positions a felon can hold.
I have never been convicted of a felony.
I'll admit that I'm torn over this one. Yes I do but there should be a time limit, say 7-10 years and it doesn't show up anymore. Like a speeding ticket, they drop off.
You wouldn’t want to know if you hired someone who had a DUI, a theft charge, abused their spouse, etc. just seems short sighted for a business man. I can overlooks youthful discretions too but violence, stealing and drug use is not ever going to work for me nor should they

Luther, did you hack Ricky's account?
Because I said peoples’ freedoms to commit bad choices should not negate consequences of their actions. Are you for free choice or not? The laws. The government. Businesses. You or I. We DONT MAKE people choose to commit crime

Reactions: Vol423
You wouldn’t want to know if you hired someone who had a DUI, a theft charge, abused their spouse, etc. just seems short sighted for a business man. I can overlooks youthful discretions too but violence, stealing and drug use is not ever going to work for me nor should they

Can you not read? I clearly said:

Yes I do but there should be a time limit, say 7-10 years and it doesn't show up anymore. Like a speeding ticket, they drop off.

The penal and criminal justice system should be about reform so if a person committed a crime, served their sentence and stayed out of trouble for 7-10 years I would say that was a success and they have been reformed. You're mindset is the problem.

Can you not read? I clearly said:

The penal and criminal justice system should be about reform so if a person committed a crime, served their sentence and stayed out of trouble for 7-10 years I would say that was a success and they have been reformed. You're mindset is the problem.
Would you hire a former exec at Enron who stole millions to be your company’s VP of Accounting and finance?
would you hire a guy with 3 DUIs as a teenager to be your truck driver?
Would you hire a guy who during a bad divorce was arrested for getting high and getting a domestic charge with his wife as your HR recruiter?
you want other business owners to take a risk to make you feel better Who’s Luther now

Would you hire a former exec at Enron who stole millions to be your company’s VP of Accounting and finance?
would you hire a guy with 3 DUIs as a teenager to be your truck driver?
Would you hire a guy who during a bad divorce was arrested for getting high and getting a domestic charge with his wife as your HR recruiter?

Have they committed any crimes for 7-10 years after they finished their sentence?

Enron guy I might, a lot of different factors there.
The teenager is a dumb scenario. How old is he now and how many years since his last traffic ticket?
How long ago and what's he done since?

Have they committed any crimes for 7-10 years after they finished their sentence?

The teenager is a dumb scenario. How old is he now and how many years since his last traffic ticket?
How long ago and what's he done since?
My point was that no executive in their right mind would do those things. You knowingly hire a guy with DUis to be your driver and he drinks and wrecks and kills someone. Guess who is sued back into oblivion. You have every right to ignore warning signs and hire whomever you choose, but there are several reasons people don’t hire felons or any convicted criminals.

Too much liability, risk, etc to hire someone when there are better candidates out there who actually made better choices in life and weren’t morons

My point was that no executive in their right mind would do those things. You knowingly hire a guy with DUis to be your driver and he drinks and wrecks and kills someone. Guess who is sued back into oblivion. You have every right to ignore warning signs and hire whomever you choose, but there are several reasons people don’t hire felons or any convicted criminals.

Too much liability, risk, etc to hire someone when there are better candidates out there who actually made better choices in life and weren’t morons

And I'll say it again. People like you are the problem.

People **** up and once they pay their dues for that they should be afforded the opportunity to be normal members of society. It's not always black and white.

And I'll say it again. People like you are the problem.

People **** up and once they pay their dues for that they should be afforded the opportunity to be normal members of society. It's not always black and white.
Feel free to hire any felon you want to. No one is stopping you. The rest of us normal people will continue to weed them out. People do **** up but a very small % of the populations get arrested let alone commit felonies and sent to prison. They made their own choices and they suffer the consequences. Just like every other person out there

Feel free to hire any felon you want to. No one is stopping you. The rest of us normal people will continue to weed them out. People do **** up but a very small % of the populations get arrested let alone commit felonies and sent to prison. They made their own choices and they suffer the consequences. Just like every other person out there

An estimated 24 million people in the US have a felony conviction in their past.

https://www.jec.senate.gov/public/_...ed-edcc061a4bc0/testimony-eberstadt-final.pdf

Another estimate is that 8% of our population are convicted felons.

Criminal Record Statistics That Will Schock You [2021] | Techjury

That's a whole lot of people you want to discard like yesterdays trash.
I’m not discarding them. They can feel free to work at UPS or Chilis. But I’m not hiring them and you shouldn’t force others to either

It's hard for felons to find a decent place to live or even a decent job so they end up living in high crime areas struggling to make ends meet. So it's only natural for them to be caught up in criminal activity again.
Wow! You're sounding awfully liberal there, Hog. How about a little personal accountability?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Wow! You're sounding awfully liberal there, Hog. How about a little personal accountability?

Isn't going to prison, paying fines, probation being held accountable? How long beyond the end of a sentence do you suppose we hold people accountable?

You're a fool then. People committing fraud have a lack of character. Lack of character doesn't change.

VN Store

Back