Cultural Marxism and the Birth of Thought Crime

You're a fool then. People committing fraud have a lack of character. Lack of character doesn't change.

I may be a fool but I also look at the entirety of a situation and just because the government declares someone a criminal I may decide not to hold that against them. Or should we always trust court decisions?

Isn't going to prison, paying fines, probation being held accountable? How long beyond the end of a sentence do you suppose we hold people accountable?
No. It's not. I said taking personal accountability. Being held responsible by society is not taking personal accountability. People go to jail because they are caught - not because they are taking personal accountability.

No. It's not. I said taking personal accountability. Being held responsible by society is not taking personal accountability. People go to jail because they are caught - not because they are taking personal accountability.

Ok, isn't staying out of trouble for 7-10 years after you paid your debt to society taking accountability?

I may be a fool but I also look at the entirety of a situation and just because the government declares someone a criminal I may decide not to hold that against them. Or should we always trust court decisions?
You responded to a specific example - a former executive of Enron. Do you know some of the specifics behind what happened at Enron, or do you just know the headlines? Those guys were corrupt to their core.

One of the most dependable and hard working employees I ever had was dishonorably discharged from the Navy when he was 20-21 years old for beating the **** out of an officer. After he did his time in the brig he applied and I hired him, worked for us about 9-10 years without any problems. Glad I didn't judge him off of a piece of paper.

One of the most dependable and hard working employees I ever had was dishonorably discharged from the Navy when he was 20-21 years old for beating the **** out of an officer. After he did his time in the brig he applied and I hired him, worked for us about 9-10 years without any problems. Glad I didn't judge him off of a piece of paper.
...and I'm fine with you hiring him. I wouldn't.

You responded to a specific example - a former executive of Enron. Do you know some of the specifics behind what happened at Enron, or do you just know the headlines? Those guys were corrupt to their core.

No, I don't know the details of the Enron cases.

I talked to my SIL today, and he was telling me about a guy that was getting a dishonorable discharge from the guard because he wouldn't get a covid shot. Personally, I'd get the jab rather than have a dishonorable discharge hanging over my head for the rest of my life.

That was not just a piece of paper. Assaulting an officer, who also has volunteered to serve, is about as serious to the military as anything short of treason.

But I'm glad it worked out for you and him. I do believe that once someone pays their debt to society, they should be given a chance to go out and be productive and they should be supported.

If he received a BCD he's lucky he found you.

Ok, isn't staying out of trouble for 7-10 years after you paid your debt to society taking accountability?
So because someone who was a felon tells you they “stayed out of trouble 7-10 years” you believe them?

I talked to my SIL today, and he was telling me about a guy that was getting a dishonorable discharge from the guard because he wouldn't get a covid shot. Personally, I'd get the jab rather than have a dishonorable discharge hanging over my head for the rest of my life.

Ricky would think the guy is a scum bag and doesn’t deserve to breath the same air.

That was not just a piece of paper. Assaulting an officer, who also has volunteered to serve, is about as serious to the military as anything short of treason.

But I'm glad it worked out for you and him. I do believe that once someone pays their debt to society, they should be given a chance to go out and be productive and they should be supported.

If he received a BCD he's lucky he found you.

Lots of officers need their asses kicked.

VN Store

Back