Crowd/Environment

I don't know if it's the gym or the acoustics or what but on TV our gym seems extremely quiet. I watched the Ole Miss/Miss St. game after ours and the difference in the crowd volume was enormous. I haven't been to TBA in years so I'm pretty out of the loop there.

I don't know if it's the gym or the acoustics or what but on TV our gym seems extremely quiet. I watched the Ole Miss/Miss St. game after ours and the difference in the crowd volume was enormous. I haven't been to TBA in years so I'm pretty out of the loop there.

It’s the mic mix levels that the directors select to use on TV. I’ve been to games where the crowd was at insane decibel levels and watched on TV later and it was totally different. They have to set the audio so that the play-by-play and color commentators are clearly heard.

I was there and thought the crowd was great given what we were having to watch. The crowd often got loud to try and give the team some juice, on offense and defense, when things weren’t going well.

I was there and thought the crowd was great given what we were having to watch. The crowd often got loud to try and give the team some juice, on offense and defense, when things weren’t going well.

Yes. They play off if each other. When the crowd was on fire the players couldn’t come through.

It didn’t help that TN didn’t score a single point until just before the 16:00 media time out. It was also deflating for the crowd to be going nuts for entire 30 second defensive stands only to see 3s or layups made at the buzzer or giving up offensive rebounds after stops. The players had a horrible performance.

I was there and thought the crowd was at times engaged, but we lacked that home court advantage we need 100% of our games.
I’ve been on many road games to Ole Mess, FL, Rupp, and AU and it’s extremely loud and intimidating.
I also heard that Dane mentioned the lack of crowd interaction last night

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I was there and thought the crowd was at times engaged, but we lacked that home court advantage we need 100% of our games.
I’ve been on many road games to Ole Mess, FL, Rupp, and AU and it’s extremely loud and intimidating.
I also heard that Dane mentioned the lack of crowd interaction last night
He wasn’t impressed.

Reactions: Caz
It's something I've noticed for quite a while now. We're just not as loud as other teams fan bases at home. When I watch the games I just see a lot of older people who don't even bother to clap. I know sometimes there is a difference in sound live and on tv...but you can see a lot of people just watching and bringing no energy.

VN Store

Back