Crowd/Environment

CladInOrange

This is going to be an unpopular post. I’ve always been a pretty positive poster, but man, tonight’s crowd was non existent for a sell-out. It was almost bizarre how quiet it was at times with how many people that were there. TBA 10 years ago with a top 5 team playing another top 25 team would have been deafening. What gives?

This is going to be an unpopular post. I’ve always been a pretty positive poster, but man, tonight’s crowd was non existent for a sell-out. It was almost bizarre how quiet it was at times with how many people that were there. TBA 10 years ago with a top 5 team playing another top 25 team would have been deafening. What gives?
Sounded loud at times on tv

First day of class isn’t until Jan 22

Sounded loud at times on tv
Loudest it got was when Mashack hit 3 at end of first half. I expect quiet crowds for non conf games against Austin Peay, but a top 25 sold out game. It wasn’t “Feed the floor” loud. Photos show tip off of upper and lowers. Money wins, but doesn’t show up.

Attachments

• IMG_0496.jpeg
    IMG_0496.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0497.jpeg
    IMG_0497.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 121
I get it. Some of you guys just couldn’t logically criticize a great performance tonight, so you criticize the crowd. Some of you have to find fault with something all the time.

Lmao. What? These things aren’t mutually exclusive. Vols basketball has the best team in a long time, and these “fans” in the lower level won’t cheer while on defense.

Lmao. What? These things aren’t mutually exclusive. Vols basketball has the best team in a long time, and these “fans” in the lower level won’t cheer while on defense.

It’s not finding fault in something. It’s stating that a sold out crowd with 21,000 people should be louder than it was. My 9 year old son even said “this is like UK football, lots of people but quiet (Grandparents are UK fans)”.

Crowd noise is almost always directly proportional to the level of the competition.
Doesn't matter. Posts like this from super fans are pretty much standard fare for every home game. They live to let everyone know how great a fan they are. Always the rich blue hairs who should have their seats taken away and given to students who will stand and scream through the entire game including halftime and TV timeouts. Nevermind that someone posted that Beard said our crowd got to them at times. Nah. Darned blue hairs need to stay at home and wait to die. Leave life to the young who know what to do with it.

Doesn't matter. Posts like this from super fans are pretty much standard fare for every home game. They live to let everyone know how great a fan they are. Always the rich blue hairs who should have their seats taken away and given to students who will stand and scream through the entire game including halftime and TV timeouts. Nevermind that someone posted that Beard said our crowd got to them at times. Nah. Darned blue hairs need to stay at home and wait to die. Leave life to the young who know what to do with it.

I’ve been to every UT home game the past 15 years, along with football, SEC Tournament, bowl games, etc. tonight was the quietest top 25 game I’ve been too. I guess we’re Bama football now where we don’t have to be loud because we beat everyone so bad.

I’ve been to every UT home game the past 15 years, along with football, SEC Tournament, bowl games, etc. tonight was the quietest top 25 game I’ve been too. I guess we’re Bama football now where we don’t have to be loud because we beat everyone so bad.
Well bully for you....stop taking pics, put your phone away and stand up and cheer. Why are you so worried about everyone else? Are you the self appointed cheer police?

I gotta agree with the OP on this one. Never seems like we can keep a crowd going like the traditional blue bloods. I’ve always felt like we pack the stands with the older demographic whom cares more about watching than cheering.

Ever been to a game at Neyland where the lack of noise (participation) is deafening? I have, many have. It's something akin to watching a (off) Broadway show. Waiting for the moments to participate.

Then there was Oklahoma, Florida games et al.

The crowd tonight was at Kentucky or Alabama decibel level on television and a big shout out to the Tennessee students for showing up while still on winter break.

Enjoy the role you play in creating a raucous crowd for the next home game! How about a Barnes look alike contest?

🤣🤣🤣🤣😇

Last edited:
Reactions: therealitytheory
I was there and the crowd was fine. The game was also never in question. Sure, Ole Piss got within 4 a few times, but we had a large lead for the majority of the game. No reason for the crowd to yell and roar to the top of their lungs when we are blowing out an inferior opponent

I could be mistaken but I think the students were still out . May be wrong. I realize it showed several students but they were probably local and from surrounding areas of Knoxville.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back