Crompton QB thread (merged a lot)

I can't express my disappointment enough after my preseason optimism about our OC and Crompton.

Calling our offense anemic is an insult to people with anemia.

College football now just showed highlights, specifically the hit Crompton took late in th mouth...enjoyed that.

Crompton is terrible, i mean a joke. He could not start at a D I-AA school. Every coach needs to be cleaned out, and we should start from scratch. We are offically a joke all across the country.

Wow, get use to it! This is what you UT fans get! You guys will never see dynamic athletes at UT like Florida's anytime soon. I bet you guys wish you had a Jimmy Clausen or T. Price type QB up there. Man, does Golden Tate look good at ND! These are dynamic athletes UT could have had. They've seen what has happen to dynamic athletes like Brett Shaeffer and Lamarcus Coker. Alot of these young athletes in Nashville are taking notice and taking there talents elsewhere. Good luck the rest of the way out...I appreciate all that they have done for my nephew David...

Are you kidding? Jimmy Clausen is terrible too. And we do have dynamic athletes.. G jones isnt dynamic? Eric Berry, lennon creer etc.... the coaches just dont use them right. Brett Shaeffer wasnt any good as a QB, proved it at ole miss. Could have been a good WR though. Coker was good but he was an idiot and smoked ganga the day before a drug test. If he is really that dumb, UT we'll be ok without him. I dont know about most athletes out of Nashville, but I went to high school with Golden Tate and he never once considered UT, and it wasnt because he thought UT wasnt any good. If he thought that, he wouldnt have gone to ND b/c they suck worse than us and they get better recruits. Tate went to ND b/c my catholic hs was obsessed with ND and brainwashed him into going there. I think UT will still get good recruits, maybe not elite, but solid to great ones. We still have a good players and a great D, just have horrible coaching, and players can only do so much with inept coaching.....

I'm sorry, I love the VOLS but they really suck. Between the coaches and the players,we will be lucky to win another game this season. We need a different quarterback and Fumbling Foster needs to be benched. Hardesty isn't much better. Why not give Creer a chance and see what he can do, he sure looked good against UAB. Oh wait, he's just a sophomore so that's not going to happen. It doesn't matter how much talent a player has, they still have to be a junior or senior. That's why the recruiting sucks. Nobody wants to wait around for 2 years before they get to play. If Fulmer keeps is up he'll lose any GOOD players he does have. He needs to change things up if we are going to have a prayer in winning. One thing I've noticed in the last few years is, nobody plays with heart anymore. That's one of the reasons I feel in love with TN football. The excitment and the love for the game that you could feel, even sitting at home. Fulmer's time is up, he doesn't even show any emotion in the game. How are the players suppose to get fired up when the coach doesn't even act like he cares. I'll always be a TN fan, good or bad, but it's time for a change. Wake up guys, Fulmer's reign is over!

I understand that Crompton was this high school phenom and rated pretty high. Well, that was a long time ago. You recruit great high school athletes in hopes that they will fit well into the system. The UT staff needs to come to reality and realize that Crompton is not the QB of the future and sit him down. The season is probably over with anyway so lets see the other guys. Maybe they can give the team some momentum.

I'm sorry, I love the VOLS but they really suck. Between the coaches and the players,we will be lucky to win another game this season. We need a different quarterback and Fumbling Foster needs to be benched. Hardesty isn't much better. Why not give Creer a chance and see what he can do, he sure looked good against UAB. Oh wait, he's just a sophomore so that's not going to happen. It doesn't matter how much talent a player has, they still have to be a junior or senior. That's why the recruiting sucks. Nobody wants to wait around for 2 years before they get to play. If Fulmer keeps is up he'll lose any GOOD players he does have. He needs to change things up if we are going to have a prayer in winning. One thing I've noticed in the last few years is, nobody plays with heart anymore. That's one of the reasons I feel in love with TN football. The excitment and the love for the game that you could feel, even sitting at home. Fulmer's time is up, he doesn't even show any emotion in the game. How are the players suppose to get fired up when the coach doesn't even act like he cares. I'll always be a TN fan, good or bad, but it's time for a change. Wake up guys, Fulmer's reign is over!

Ok Crompton, this was a thread about sitting you. Quit trying to divert attention away from yourself. Mods, can you trace who this first time poster is? I think its a little suspicious.

i would be happy with Gerald Jones and our RB being in the backfield the rest of the year.

We can run the ball, throw short passes, and I guarantee we wouldn't fumble a damn 2 yard run into the end zone.

Crompton is terrible. He's the worst QB since A.J. Suggs.

i would be happy with Gerald Jones and our RB being in the backfield the rest of the year.

We can run the ball, throw short passes, and I guarantee we wouldn't fumble a damn 2 yard run into the end zone.

Crompton is terrible. He's the worst QB since A.J. Suggs.

We could use G. Jones just like West Virginia uses Pat White. Honestly, it looks like they run the same play almost every time. White either fakes to his tailback cutting in front of him and going the opposite direction and keeps the ball himself, or he hands it off. Occasionally he will pass the ball or they will run a reverse. I watched them play the other night and they ran this same play at least 60% of the time, if not more. I believe Jones could easily do this and our offense couldn't possibly be any worse than it is right now.

Last edited:
Yeah I mean if Stephens and Coleman are worse than Crompton, I don't wanna see them get their turn to stink things up. What's the point of the G Gun if Gerald isn't allowed to throw it. I say if Crompton is having a bad game early on against Auburn, stick Gerald in and just have him throw short passes, run, whatever he wants to do.

If Fulmer wants to keep his job he better bench Crompton. Crompton SUCKS. Crompton would suck it up in DIV II. Coleman and Stephens need to split duties rest of season. Stephens was only in UAB game one series and he looked 100 times better then Crompton. He managed to throw a complete pass and was able to hand the ball off correctly without fumbling or running into the running back.

CROMPTON SUCKS!! CROMPTON SUCKS!! CROMPTON SUCKS!! CROMPTON SUCKS!! CROMPTON SUCKS!! CROMPTON SUCKS!!CROMPTON SUCKS!! CROMPTON SUCKS!!CROMPTON SUCKS!! CROMPTON SUCKS!!CROMPTON SUCKS!! CROMPTON SUCKS!!

If Fulmer wants to keep his job he better bench Crompton. Crompton SUCKS. Crompton would suck it up in DIV II. Coleman and Stephens need to split duties rest of season. Stephens was only in UAB game one series and he looked 100 times better then Crompton. He managed to throw a complete pass and was able to hand the ball off correctly without fumbling or running into the running back.

CROMPTON SUCKS!! CROMPTON SUCKS!! CROMPTON SUCKS!! CROMPTON SUCKS!! CROMPTON SUCKS!! CROMPTON SUCKS!!CROMPTON SUCKS!! CROMPTON SUCKS!!CROMPTON SUCKS!! CROMPTON SUCKS!!CROMPTON SUCKS!! CROMPTON SUCKS!!

Chill. Crompton may not have looked good, but kind of repetitive don't ya think?

I disagree. This offense (other than the new OC and rule changes) is relatively the same. RB's are the same; OL returned a veteran group; receivers are the same. What's different?? QB.

The main problems I have with him:

Inability to consistently execute a handoff to the RB

Staring down receivers

Poor play clock management

Poor decision making in the passing game

Off target passing (not talking about when he's pressured, but regular throws that are behind receivers, too high, or in the ground),

taking on linebackers and defensive backs (it's a matter of time before he gets hurt no matter how tough he thinks he is)

I don't know him personally, but he appears cocky. He's not good enough to be cocky! In fact, he's just not good at all (at this level, of course. he could be a star at carson-newman).

Crompton has the physical tools and athletic ability to be a successful QB at a major D1 program, but doesn't have the mental capacity to lead this team to the SEC Championship everyone is demanding from Coach Fulmer.

A+ post.

The talent on the field, besides QB where it is arguably the most important, is plenty good enough to be one of the top SEC teams. As others have pointed out, the coaching is abysmal....they are failing us both technically and in their role as motivators. The game has passed Fulmer by. He still coaches like it's 1998, and the winning formula in 1998 doesn't work in 2008.

Nothing has changed with Clawson at OC. Looks like all the same stuff to me.

Going back to Crompton......he is pitiful. With that said, I think, given our very inexperienced backups, he should be given one more chance in an SEC game @Auburn. If he fails, or even has a bad first half, then it's time to put him on the bench. The "project QB's" may not be ready, but what better way to build them up then try to get them some valuable experience in an SEC game?

Crapton's attitude sucks, too. It really pisses me off. His attitude is a big reason why he will continue to fail.

If we get blown out against Auburn, then consider the season a complete and utter failure. Expect to lose to Georgia, Bama and Vanderbilt for sure. In fact, I think it would be in the best long term interest of the program if UT lost as many games as possible to ensure Fulmer's departure. If we start out 1-5 and win the next 6 games, then his job will be safe because of what a super job he did to "turn the season around".

I don't care what happened in the 70s and 80s....4+ loss seasons year in and year out are NOT acceptable.

Hey, consider this. UCLA beat UT. UCLA lost to BYU 59-0. UT plays Wyoming later this season. Wyoming only lost 44-0 against BYU. By that logic, Wyoming should beat us. Scary!

Last edited:
I agree but who is going to replace him? My thought is get a new coach and a Offensive coordinator who runs plays in this century!!! The game has passed Fulmer up!!!
dken85

Ok Crompton, this was a thread about sitting you. Quit trying to divert attention away from yourself. Mods, can you trace who this first time poster is? I think its a little suspicious.

This is your "first time poster" and believe me I'm not Crompton. If you hadn't noticed I did say we needed to get a new quarterback, but that's not the only problem on the field. You need to look at EVERYTHING!

Yeah I mean if Stephens and Coleman are worse than Crompton, I don't wanna see them get their turn to stink things up. What's the point of the G Gun if Gerald isn't allowed to throw it. I say if Crompton is having a bad game early on against Auburn, stick Gerald in and just have him throw short passes, run, whatever he wants to do.

I would have to agree what is the point of putting him back there if he isnt going to make any of the calls from back there

A QB should have the respect of his players even if he's not a team leader. To me, it looks like the other guys don't even like him.

I read somewhere else that Crompton said about the booing, "It didn't affect our players, we play for oursleves, not the fans". Sorry, but if it weren't for the fans, he wouldn't be playing.

Why do you think Cutcliffe hated him so much? He said he was all about himself and he knew everything there was to know about playing quarterback he didnt need a coach

i will start off by saying i am a gator football fan. but your qb gets sacked and throws more interceptions than he does touchdowns. so yes replace him and while your at it replace your kicker to. acully if you got a whole new team. like replacing some running back that doesn't fumble the ball. or a team that doesn't fumble at the 3yrd line or turn it over in the endzone. or can kick a field goal to win in over time. then you would have a winning team

VN Store

Back