Crime Ridden Memphis

The more I watch and read on this (yes, Twitter rumors) the more I believe this was a personal and targeted attack.
Started to post something I heard today from folks who have no sympathy for these cops, but yeah the attack was supposedly very personal and targeted.

Last edited:
Started to post something I heard today from folks who have no sympathy for these cops, but yeah the attack was supposedly very personal and targeted.
Not sure what else it could be. Unless I missed some big revelation, I still haven't seen any real info on why they even pulled him over etc., etc. Based solely on the realeased video, they just pulled him over an proceeded to beat him to death for no apparent reason, and over what appeared to be no resistence.

Two family observations though:
1. Prop to the mother, who is serving as the outspoken family memeber, for calling for all protests to be peaceful, and so forth.
2. Having said that also saw the clip this morning where the mom said what makes her so mad is that is was 5 black cops abusing and killing a black man. Is she pissed because it wasn't white cops and they can't race bait? I don't get that sentiment! Why can't you just be pissed at what happened without invoking color in any context.

In no way, shape, or form is what utlimately happened to this man justifiable, regardless of the race of the cops. But, it would be of interest to know why they did what they did, and what instigated this re-action from the cops. Or, was it in fact a personal target tracing back to some prior run-ins. Or, maybe he had dirt on them he was making public...?????

Not sure what else it could be. Unless I missed some big revelation, I still haven't seen any real info on why they even pulled him over etc., etc. Based solely on the realeased video, they just pulled him over an proceeded to beat him to death for no apparent reason, and over what appeared to be no resistence.

Two family observations though:
1. Prop to the mother, who is serving as the outspoken family memeber, for calling for all protests to be peaceful, and so forth.
2. Having said that also saw the clip this morning where the mom said what makes her so mad is that is was 5 black cops abusing and killing a black man. Is she pissed because it wasn't white cops and they can't race bait? I don't get that sentiment! Why can't you just be pissed at what happened without invoking color in any context.

In no way, shape, or form is what utlimately happened to this man justifiable, regardless of the race of the cops. But, it would be of interest to know why they did what they did, and what instigated this re-action from the cops. Or, was it in fact a personal target tracing back to some prior run-ins. Or, maybe he had dirt on them he was making public...?????
And I hate to propagate a rumor that I have no way to confirm. About the best I can say with regards to veracity, is the fellow who told me I believe to be pretty solid and he gives a some credence to it. If it comes out and turns out to be true, I will confirm it is what I heard and folks can take that for what it is worth.

Having said that, as I said in the original post, if true it explains a lot about the incident. Why they were in attack mode and why the victim was terrified out of his mind almost instantly. In my mind, it could escalate charges to capital murder because they were waiting on him. It also destroys the political narrative surrounding it, so there are parties on both sides that have a vested interest in it not coming out. If true, would not be surprised to see a plea bargain to avoid trial and get it over quickly.

Agree too on the mom. She deserves a lot of thanks for helping to keep this from being a lot worse than it was. Wish I could give her a hug.

And I hate to propagate a rumor that I have no way to confirm. About the best I can say with regards to veracity, is the fellow who told me I believe to be pretty solid and he gives a some credence to it. If it comes out and turns out to be true, I will confirm it is what I heard and folks can take that for what it is worth.

Having said that, as I said in the original post, if true it explains a lot about the incident. Why they were in attack mode and why the victim was terrified out of his mind almost instantly. In my mind, it could escalate charges to capital murder because they were waiting on him. It also destroys the political narrative surrounding it, so there are parties on both sides that have a vested interest in it not coming out. If true, would not be surprised to see a plea bargain to avoid trial and get it over quickly.

Agree too on the mom. She deserves a lot of thanks for helping to keep this from being a lot worse than it was. Wish I could give her a hug.

Spill it. Woman or drugs?

I don't necessarily agree that it destroys the political narrative. It's still a blatant abuse of authority, which has always been the core issue of American law enforcement for the past 30 years.

Reactions: AM64
I don't necessarily agree that it destroys the political narrative. It's still a blatant abuse of authority, which has always been the core issue of American law enforcement for the past 30 years.
Don't disagree...except I'd run that back far longer than 3 decades.

It doesn't have to be because it was memphis, but if they were waiting on him in attack mode, then that would lend to a pretty decent theory that it is something to do with drugs or some other criminal activity that would be far worse for the 5 cops if it came out while the vic was still alive. Whatever the situation that caused the attack, those cops felt safer taking this guy out, and taking their lumps for that. And keeping as much as possible from discovery. They could have also been protecting the upline food chain, which will make their repercussions lighter as well. It is not a wild guess this involves more than just those 5 cops. They could very well have been ordered to make the hit and keep breathing.

Yeah, I see that point of view, but not too sure about the core issue thing. While an issue, I think there is a wide range of perspectives about it, many as to the degree it is an issue. Like I alluded to, those on the anti-police side of things probably do not want anything taking away from the “police bad” narrative.

It doesn't have to be because it was memphis, but if they were waiting on him in attack mode, then that would lend to a pretty decent theory that it is something to do with drugs or some other criminal activity that would be far worse for the 5 cops if it came out while the vic was still alive. Whatever the situation that caused the attack, those cops felt safer taking this guy out, and taking their lumps for that. And keeping as much as possible from discovery. They could have also been protecting the upline food chain, which will make their repercussions lighter as well. It is not a wild guess this involves more than just those 5 cops. They could very well have been ordered to make the hit and keep breathing.
What I’ve heard is it involved just these cops. We’ll see.

Reactions: LadyVolette
What I’ve heard is it involved just these cops. We’ll see.

Yeah. I was just thinking outside the box. Cause it's not so far fetched for such a situation to involve higher ups or city officials. But, you have to be curious about the combined IQ of 5 cops that thought this was:
A. A good idea in general.
2. Going to solve the situation
C. Solving their problems.

At one point you would have expected one of them to say "Da**, we're still in a tight spot."

Yeah. I was just thinking outside the box. Cause it's not so far fetched for such a situation to involve higher ups or city officials. But, you have to be curious about the combined IQ of 5 cops that thought this was:
A. A good idea in general.
2. Going to solve the situation
C. Solving their problems.

At one point you would have expected one of them to say "Da**, we're still in a tight spot."
You got that right. Talk about an all time dumb idea.

From "King of the Hill", Season 13/Ep 9
"What Happens at the National Propane Convention in Memphis Stays at the National Propane Convention in Memphis"

Buck Strickland: "Son, what's the bad part of Memphis called?"
Jody "Ray Roy" Strickland: Memphis!

I think you and I are hearing the same thing. This comes from someone I've known for 30 years in the legal profession in Memphis.

EDITED:
It is starting to get reported the attack may have been over a woman.

Last edited:
I've heard the rumors about them working at FedEx. Has any legit outlets reported it? Also heard some or all of the cops had ties to a gang when they were younger
Depends on one's perspective about what is legit. Fox is reporting it, although I believe they are reporting it as unconfirmed.

It will be interesting to see how the left-leaning outlets handle it. As some on here have rightly pointed out, even if true, the cops in this case used their positions to perpetrate the crime. However, the leftist outlets may be concerned the personal nature of this news to be damaging to their narrative this incident confirms police departments are after black people for no reason and try to downplay or discredit the reports. Obviously the defendants would appreciate that. Curious what some of the lawyers on here think as to whether this would boost it to a capital crime.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back