Crime Ridden Memphis

I’m with you on this. I can’t fault the guy for running away when he had the chance. Anyone would be scared shotless with the way they approached and pulled him out of the car.

Unmarked cars should be outlawed. Just because they have hidden blue lights - which you don't even see in the videos, doesn't mean they are official. The guys in the cars could have been anybody - virtually anything is for sale online these days. It shouldn't be an offense to refuse to pull over for an unmarked car - an absurdly dangerous practice.

We would have heard about this no matter the color of the victim. We would choose the side of the person being beaten, no matter the color of that person or the colors of the 5 officers delivering the beating.

This is black and white, no indecision here. This is so far beyond acceptable. It literally looks like a planned hit is taking place.
Ummm, I’m not a hundred percent, because I will admit if it had been a white guy, I kind of would have been like ‘well, he should have cooperated, what a dumbass’ and that is the truth

Much like the “huge riot”, again you are overreacting. If it gets disbanded, it won’t be without a fight. I’ve seen interviews with two black city councilmen who stated they think that squad needs to be reviewed but not disbanded. Both said it is doing good work and that a couple of bad eggs shouldn’t spoil the whole thing.

It should remain in force, but there will be immense opposition to it now. I see it being neutered or disbanded entirely.

We would have heard about this no matter the color of the victim. We would choose the side of the person being beaten, no matter the color of that person or the colors of the 5 officers delivering the beating.

This is black and white, no indecision here. This is so far beyond acceptable. It literally looks like a planned hit is taking place.

Im not sure that the investigation won’t prove that to be true. Again I’m awfully suspicious that a supposedly elite unit pulled over a reckless driver. This reaks of it being planned.

Im not sure that the investigation won’t prove that to be true. Again I’m awfully suspicious that a supposedly elite unit pulled over a reckless driver. This reaks of it being planned.

I lean that way. I am wondering how this was 5 black cops. The department is roughly 50% black and 50% white. Does each cop ride solo in his own car? If so, what are the odds the 5 cops arriving are all black? Is that .5 x .5 x .5 x .5 x .5 = 3%?

Maybe I am not viewing that correctly.

Shutting down the Memphis-Arkansas bridge with millions of dollars of merchandise in those trucks is the objective of the Marxist protesters.

They should just let traffic flow. Charge anybody who becomes a hood ornament and survives with interfering with interstate commerce and/or recckless endangerment and assess fees for property damage to cars and trucks.

I don't expect anything, one way or the other. I'll form my opinions on this based on what actually happens, not speculation; but like I said, protest away and pay the price if you break the law.

Protest is fine on your own property or if invited there by friends. Protest that infringes on the rights of others such as blocking traffic or business isn't fine. We need to get over the thought that marching in the streets is a right, and start locking people away for it. Say what you want to say ... until the dems shut it down as hate speech, but that doesn't give anyone the right to interfere with others to say it. And it definitely doesn't give anyone the right to mayhem, vandalism, or violence to others.

Things get problematic when he goes off-script and posts original thoughts instead of daily mail links.

Look, I know what kind of poster I am here. I've existed on this forum for 14 years--damn near half my life--but I take next to zero issue saying that members like Franklin Pierce, TNVOLNAVY, and Csouth are absolute racist pieces of trash who should have their own forum (ideally Stormfront) to spew their brand of filth. f*** every shred of reasoning they attempt to exist on our wonderful site. f*** those guys.

I violate the ToS as much as them. I implore you to abide. Permaban all of us. One of me is easily worth that pile of asinine sh*t I just listed.

I plea to you guys to simply enforce. By all means.

This must be a really tough spot for most liberals. One one hand they got a black man named Tire beaten to death by cops. On the other hand all of those cops are black. Tough, tough spot for them. Where can they point blame to now? This is another "ouroboros" moment for them.

Anywho, watched the video because I heard it was worse than the Rodney King beating...it wasn't. King and the Kelly Thomas videos are probably the most brutal cop beatdown's I've ever seen.

Look, I know what kind of poster I am here. I've existed on this forum for 14 years--damn near half my life--but I take next to zero issue saying that members like Franklin Pierce, TNVOLNAVY, and Csouth are absolute racist pieces of trash who should have their own forum (ideally Stormfront) to spew their brand of filth. f*** every shred of reasoning they attempt to exist on our wonderful site. f*** those guys.

I violate the ToS as much as them. I implore you to abide. Permaban all of us. One of me is easily worth that pile of asinine sh*t I just listed.

I plea to you guys to simply enforce. By all means.

Nice melt Groomer!

Elite Scorpion unit that 'killed' Tyre Nichols was formed at height of Memphis crime wave, Took Over 500 Criminals Off Streets in Just THREE MONTHS - but now faces being disbanded

• In its first three months, unit made 566 arrests, including 390 felony arrests
The Memphis Police Department's elite SCORPION street crime unit is facing calls to disband, after several members were involved in the traffic stop that resulted in the beating and death of Tyre Nichols.

The unit was created to combat soaring violent crime, but critics say its aggressive tactics and lack of oversight are a recipe for tragedies like the fatal beating of Nichols, which was revealed in its full savagery in footage released on Friday.

Founded in October 2021 due to pressure over rising crime, SCORPION, stands for Street Crimes Operation to Restore Peace in our Neighborhoods. Its mandate is to stem homicides, assaults and robberies.

Memphis officials have said the unit comprises about 40 officers in four teams concentrating on crime hot spots.

Of those, 390 were felony arrests, according to Strickland. Officers seized tens of thousands of dollars and over 250 weapons, the mayor said.

One former veteran Memphis police officer who said he knew each of the charged ex-cops, told CBS News that 'you have to be a go-getter, for the most part' to join the SCORPION unit.

'You have to be someone who wants to make a difference, who wants to catch the bad guy,' he said of the 'proactive' mindset of the unit.

Tyre Nichols: Memphis Scorpion street crime unit faces calls to disband | Daily Mail Online

You realize these guys and this unit are going to be investigated and every case they touched could be overturned based on those findings. Just look at those numbers 566 people in 90 days? Can’t even take those stats seriously - tabloid news

Reactions: AM64
5 men cloaked in the power of the state killed a man because they thought that authority would allow them to get away with it. As long as they think it's within their power, by all means protest that; but if you break the law while doing so, pay the price. Thats how civil disobedience works.
I understand but with the officers in question being held accountable. They thought wrong. They didn’t get away with it and they shouldn’t have. The reason for the protests just feels premature to me. That’s all I’m saying. I guess I feel like the protests lose their meaning and power when you protect the system working correctly.

My point being, if these cops were not being charged with a crime, if this were Rodney King all over again that‘s one thing. That would be an incredible injustice. They’ve been charged. What else can legally be done right now other than what has been done? What exactly is being accomplished by shutting down an interstate? What wrong is being righted? If it escalates what good will come of looting or burning down a CVS or whatever?
It actually adds to the problem when you protest nothing. Let’s say you shut down a road and a truck driver remembers Reginald Denny being pulled out of a truck and hit with a brick. That guy could reasonably be afraid for his life and decide not to stop for the protesters. He would be within the law not to stop.
That’s how quickly a protest could go from right to wrong.

VN Store

Back