Craziest place you’ve heard a “Go Vols”?

We’re everywhere. So what’s the craziest place you’ve gotten a “Go Vols” while wearing orange?

Mine has to be in Munich, Germany during Oktoberfest.

It was either Sloppy Joe's or Captain Tony's..........Key West.

Edit: Could have been the Garden of Eden atop the Bull and Whistle.

Was in Boston a couple summers ago for a weekend trip with my wife. One of the days we were there I was wearing a Tennessee polo. Was walking down the street and a Boston cop, sitting in traffic in his squad car with the window rolled down, started singing "Good ole Rocky Top..." I gave him a loud "woo."

Was kind of disappointed though to go to Europe last year, also wearing Tennessee gear a couple of the days, and didn't get anything. Saw people wearing tons of other schools, but not Tennessee.

So on military radios, you have the choice of transmitting secure (encryption enabled) or "in the open" (no encryption).

Back in the 80s, in Germany, when we switched from unsecure to secure, we'd call it "going green." As in, "R3B26, this is X9C12, go green." I don't know if they still use that nickname today.

My buddies and I had our own code, one we created so we could have a channel all to ourselves to goof off while driving the German countryside." We'd drop whatever frequency we were on by 10, then go secure. Between being on a different frequency than our own battalion, and being under different encryption keys than anyone else who might share this other frequency, we could be pretty sure no one else was listening in.

We called it "going orange," for exactly the reason you're thinking.

So I don't remember ever actually hearing Go Vols on those radios, but every time I heard "Go orange," I was thinking the same thing.

Go Vols! Go Big Orange!

In the shower.
When showering at my gym, I sometimes forget about my Power T tattoo on my lower back.
I don’t mind the “Go Vols” shout outs.
What bothers me is when some non sports fan says....”wow, love your Tramp Stamp”.
Thats just wrong.

Stupid people. It's a Power Tramp Stamp. Sheesh. :cool:

At an Oklahoma-Fresno St football game in Norman. I heard it because I was the one who said it. Of course I had to represent my university by wearing orange. Strangely, I was the only one wearing orange that day so it generated some questions.

Reactions: RollerVol
I was taking a leak once and a guy in the stall said “Go Vols” in a grunt fashion! At least that’s what I thought I heard.

I went through all available options in my mind to figure out why he said it. 1) I had orange shoes 2) he could have been on the phone 3) it was clear but I could have misheard 4) he was watching a clip or replay 5) He says Go Vols every time he busts a grumpy.

Mine was similar to OP's. Was in Deutchland visiting our exchange student and went to Munich. Drinking liters at the Hofbrau haus.

Reactions: RollerVol

VN Store

Back