Craziest place you’ve heard a “Go Vols”?

I don't remember specifics, but I've been a lot of places, including Asia, Europe and the Middle East and I've pretty much seen Vol fans everywhere. Lived in Hawaii for many years and it was not uncommon at all to pick up a "Go Vols!" there from time-to-time.

Mine isn’t as cool as some of yall’s, but my wife and I got a “Go Vols” yelled at us 10 times (we counted) when we went to New York in December of 2017. I wore my UT toboggan the whole time we were there. 17D32F16-B0E0-4C71-969E-6044C52DFFC4.jpeg

The coolest part was that we had just hired Pruitt (I actually watched his presser right when we arrived at our Airbnb), one night we were walking back to the room and a college age guy stopped us. He said “Vols huh? I’m a Penn State fan. I think you all just hit it out of the park with Jeremy Pruitt.” He went on to talk about Pruitt’s defensive reputation and how the Vols will be back one day.

After our abysmal 4-8 season that year, that particular interaction reminded me that we are still a big time national program and the world is still paying attention to what goes on in Big Orange Country.

Last edited:
We’re everywhere. So what’s the craziest place you’ve gotten a “Go Vols” while wearing orange?

Mine has to be in Munich, Germany during Oktoberfest.

Ran into a dude with a Kentucky jacket at Oktoberfest back in 2017. We all started chanting "SEC" before I told him I couldn't wait for us to whip their ass... glad I didn't have to talk to him again that year.

Anyway, not a "Go Vols" per se, but in Hanoi, Vietnam, last year there was a Power T affixed to one of the mopeds near the AirBnB I stayed at. Got a pic on my cellphone that I can upload later.

Mine isn’t as cool as some of yall’s, but my wife and I got a “Go Vols” yelled at us 10 times (we counted) when we went to New York in December of 2017. I wore my UT toboggan the whole time we were there. View attachment 199247

The coolest part was that we had just hired Pruitt (I actually watched his presser right when we arrived at our Airbnb), one night we were walking back to the room and a college age guy stopped us. He said “Vols huh? I’m a Penn State fan. I think you all just hit it out of the park with Jeremy Pruitt.” He went on to talk about Pruitt’s defensive reputation and how the Vols will be back one day.

After our abysmal 4-8 season that year, that particular interaction reminded me that we are still a big time national program and the world is still paying attention to what goes on in Big Orange Country.

Great picture Chat. I respect the fact you were representing the big Orange in NY, especially in December of 17. Bet there are a bunch that wouldn't.

Not as exciting as some of yours but mine was in Destin, FL at 12am while our hotel was being evacuated for a fire alarm. I had my UT shirt on going down the stairs when another guy said it to me. (It ended up being a false alarm, along with the 2 other times it went off that night)

VN Store

Back