CPF Cracking Down

Originally posted by JSB2277@Jun 22, 2005 9:39 AM
traffic citations......think about that for a second LIO
[snapback]106361[/snapback]​

More to it than just a traffic citation. He was involved in an auto accident, and was driving with a suspended liscense and no insurance. This is another incident in a long string of screw ups for this kid. He just doesn't get it.

This is the reason the we aren't going to have a shot at the title this year. This team doesn't have the focus...

Get rid of him and let everyone know that this crap has to stop. If they want to play football and win a NC, they need to keep their act together and realize what a wonderful opportunity it is to play for the Tennessee Volunteers.

To heck with mollycoddling, I say!

People mocked UGA for Swain's 2nd traffic violation....now it is ours....we should do something

Brooks you could expect this from. But Campbell, this enough to just tick me off :nono:. Not only us, as for DUMB things as this, but do these kids really get that bored without football?
They must, so i see the punishment very fit! Best ive heard of by any Head coach. GET A JOB !! Brooks needs to leave UT, and find his job alittle closer to Jackson Tn.(his home)

I understand that a lot of these players need scholarship money to go to school, as did I, BUT, CPF is right on when he tells these kids to get a job. Some players try to live as if they're already in the NFL with fancy vehicles, designer clothing and whatever the heck "bling-bling" is. I guess the point I'm trying to make, and doing it badly, is that a scholarship is NOT to provide a loafer's lifestyle, but to give these kids the privilege of an education.

Kick Brooks to the curb.....He's not done anything but cause trouble since he came.....Get rid of him

We need to really be concerned about these off the field incidents. Look at how Miami, USC and Oklahoma have been ruined by these type of things. Oh, that's right, those three have accounted for 4 of the last 5 National Championships. Everyone sounds like some old fogie going on about how kids had discipline in the good old days. Lynn McGruder gets tossed from UT, goes to Oklahoma and is a contributor on a championship contender. If everyone wants a team filled with altarboys, that's fine. Just be ready for that yearly trip to Shreveport, Nashville, or Atlanta for our bowl game.

Originally posted by hatvol96@Jun 22, 2005 8:35 PM
We need to really be concerned about these off the field incidents. Look at how Miami, USC and Oklahoma have been ruined by these type of things. Oh, that's right, those three have accounted for 4 of the last 5 National Championships. Everyone sounds like some old fogie going on about how kids had discipline in the good old days. Lynn McGruder gets tossed from UT, goes to Oklahoma and is a contributor on a championship contender. If everyone wants a team filled with altarboys, that's fine. Just be ready for that yearly trip to Shreveport, Nashville, or Atlanta for our bowl game.
[snapback]106574[/snapback]​

So.....winning at any cost is your philosophy then? If PAYING student athletes want to act a fool and go to jail, yada, yada, yada, who cares? It's THEIR nickel they're wasting. But when kids on SCHOLARSHIP do it, I say take back the money. How many felons, drugheads, or thugs did we have on the 98 championship team? And for your information I DO believe kids need discipline more than they need a championship ring.

Originally posted by hatvol96@Jun 22, 2005 8:43 PM
Weren't Jamal Lewis and Shaun Ellis on the sainted '98 team?
[snapback]106581[/snapback]​

And what exactly did they do in 98?

if we keep on having all these discipline problems then maybe we should move our home games to brushy mountain.boys will be boys but come on.do you think the past antics by players like steve kiner or jim hackshaw reynolds were any worse?i guess it's just the times we live in where everything is under a microscope.when i played bball at an ovc school we hung a guy out of a 4th story widow and had fights at the frat house.we never made the news.o how i miss the 70's.

Sorry, but an "antic" and a crime are two totally different things. Sure boys will be boys. No question. But when those BOYS, who are using MY tax money to get an education spend more time in court than in the classroom, something has to be done.

Also, let's look at the group, i.e. 89-91, who made this program relevant again. Carl Pickens, Dale Carter, Reggie Cobb, Chuck Webb, Chuck Smith, Chris Mims, and on and on. I'm not saying that you want the Wild West on campus, but these incidents are going to happen. As to the idea that players have a "loafer's lifestyle", I don't begrudge them blowing off a little steam. Given the amount of hours they have to put into their sport, and the toll football takes on their body, I'll cut them a fair amount of slack.

Bottom line is that Brooks just keeps getting in trouble and embarrassing the team and it's fans. He obviously hasn't learned his lesson so it's time for him to go before he kills someone.

Losing him won't have any outcome on the way our team plays. We have enough talent at linebacker to make up for him this year.

Originally posted by hatvol96@Jun 22, 2005 8:51 PM
Also, let's look at the group, i.e. 89-91, who made this program relevant again. Carl Pickens, Dale Carter, Reggie Cobb, Chuck Webb, Chuck Smith, Chris Mims, and on and on. I'm not saying that you want the Wild West on campus, but these incidents are going to happen. As to the idea that players have a "loafer's lifestyle", I don't begrudge them blowing off a little steam. Given the amount of hours they have to put into their sport, and the toll football takes on their body, I'll cut them a fair amount of slack.
[snapback]106588[/snapback]​

You just refuse to see my point. SCHOLARSHIPS should be revoked IMMEDIATELY when the player blows it for a second time. If they're paying their own way, it's really nothing to me except an embarrassment. But when a scholarship kid refuses to straighten up, that money should be given to someone who DESERVES it.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Jun 22, 2005 8:45 PM
And what exactly did they do in 98?
[snapback]106583[/snapback]​

Let's see, Jamal was the extent of our offense in the game at Auburn, played great at Syracuse, gutted out about 80 yards when we otherwise sustained nothing against Florida. On to Ellis, probablt the best pass rusher in the SEC, and scored on about a 90 yard touchdown return in the aforementioned Auburn game. But I guess those weren't important plays.

Originally posted by hatvol96@Jun 22, 2005 8:58 PM
Let's see, Jamal was the extent of our offense in the game at Auburn, played great at Syracuse, gutted out about 80 yards when we otherwise sustained nothing against Florida. On to Ellis, probablt the best pass rusher in the SEC, and scored on about a 90 yard touchdown return in the aforementioned Auburn game. But I guess those weren't important plays.
[snapback]106592[/snapback]​

I meant what did they do to get in trouble??

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Jun 22, 2005 8:59 PM
I meant what did they do to get in trouble??
[snapback]106593[/snapback]​

Jamal had a history before he got here, shoplifting, and Ellis got in a rather nasty fight. If memory serves me correctly it was in apicup basketball game. Also, the athletic department raise its own money, no tax dollars are used for scholarships.

Well, if UT wants to support a bunch of bums just to beat some other team, I guess it's their business. But I don't think Brooks' talent is worth that much money.

Just my two cents.

Not trying to start anything.

:wavey:

VN Store

Back