Country music thread

The fanbase is a lot of wanna be seens who will talk through the whole show until "Something in the Orange" gets played then leave.
I really Fing hate that.
The time before last when I saw Stapleton there were people all around me that would not shut the **** up unless it was one of the 3 songs they knew. I expected the same thing at the Mexico bro country festival but was pleasantly surprised that everyone was into his show.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
I really Fing hate that.
The time before last when I saw Stapleton there were people all around me that would not shut the **** up unless it was one of the 3 songs they knew. I expected the same thing at the Mexico bro country festival but was pleasantly surprised that everyone was into his show.
It's the absolute worst. At Koe in Knoxville I couldn't hear a word Mike Ryan (a very talented and personable dude) sang because the venue sounded like a middle school cafeteria.

Everyone on that stage deserves the simple respect of shutting the F up and listening to the set.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
It's the absolute worst. At Koe in Knoxville I couldn't hear a word Mike Ryan (a very talented and personable dude) sang because the venue sounded like a middle school cafeteria.

Everyone on that stage deserves the simple respect of shutting the F up and listening to the set.
Not long ago the singer of a metal band got trashed on sm for calling out a fan who was texting the whole show. I was on his side.

she said some BS about her kid and he apologized but I’m calling BS. If you have that kinda problem you leave.
Show some respect the the artist.

Last edited:
It’s absolutely terrible. I want to see Zach too, but I’m sure there will be more opportunities. Unless the crazies make him want to stop doing shows.
These morons can't comprehend that there's a finite amount of tickets, and that you had to see the words "non transferrable" about 764 times before you clicked the 'finalize purchase ' button.

These morons can't comprehend that there's a finite amount of tickets, and that you had to see the words "non transferrable" about 764 times before you clicked the 'finalize purchase ' button.
I have no problem with an artist wanting to make sure scalpers are not buying up the tickets.
I can’t imagine why anyone would

I have no problem with an artist wanting to make sure scalpers are not buying up the tickets.
I can’t imagine why anyone would
Agree wholeheartedly. I have missed several shows I would have loved to have seen over the past few years simply because I don't feel like paying $300-500+/ea for decent seats from resellers.

I would pay a decent amount to see Butts/Wade on their tour, but not having much luck finding tickets off resellers that are reasonable. the acoustic show Wade is doing in Salem was 100 for back of house reserved!

I would pay a decent amount to see Butts/Wade on their tour, but not having much luck finding tickets off resellers that are reasonable. the acoustic show Wade is doing in Salem was 100 for back of house reserved!
I regret not getting those for Grey Eagle. It's on a weeknight so there will probably be some to snag somewhere. I got extras for 49 like 3 hours before the show by searching on Twitter actually.

Reactions: volfanbill
Morgan Wade noticed that venue cut off her merch sales. She’s not happy about it… I’m here for it. Either give the artist a cut of the bar sales or leave their merch sales alone
Name and shame will have to be everyone's MO until the practice dies. Unless the venue is providing staff and handling all the merch then they should fork off

Name and shame will have to be everyone's MO until the practice dies. Unless the venue is providing staff and handling all the merch then they should fork off
That’s actually exactly what she said as far as if they were providing staff, but they aren’t. Hopefully she pushes back with good results

I don't know that its as big a deal for MW and BJ, but they have the clout to move the needle. It really kills the smaller and fresher acts who have the band at the merch table after the set.

I don't know that its as big a deal for MW and BJ, but they have the clout to move the needle. It really kills the smaller and fresher acts who have the band at the merch table after the set.
I think by the time you pay the band, sound crew and roadies, it’s a bigger deal than it might seem. BJ and Wade (at least on these current tours) aren’t playing giant venues. I wouldn’t even call them big venues. The merch cut is a pretty big deal imo. Especially since they try to keep those merch prices reasonable. But it’s even worse for artists not even on their level yet obviously

Also terrified at what merchandise prices will probably be. Guarantee it’ll be more than the cost of my ticket.

Just found out that Megan Moroney chick is also opening up for B&D. I will use that as my concessions and merchandise time. Lol

VN Store

Back