Country music thread

Toujours and I discussed setting up a go fund me to get you down there all three days next year and to get @Dallasbowlin off the mountains in Kentucky to Raleigh
I appreciate the sentiment but that would have to be a pretty big go fund me bc you guys wouldn’t be covering the cost of the tickets and lodging (that I could swing). If I went for all three nights anytime in the foreseeable future the go fund me would be for all my divorce related expenses

I appreciate the sentiment but that would have to be a pretty big go fund me bc you guys wouldn’t be covering the cost of the tickets and lodging (that I could swing). If I went for all three nights anytime in the foreseeable future the go fund me would be for all my divorce related expenses
Bring her with you, fool

Reactions: Toujours Pret
6 shows, 5 nights, 3 cities. Night one! Mike and the Moonpies are one of the most fun bands to listen to, and an absolute blast live! Fully enjoyed both openers, Drew Cooper and Rob Leines. As mentioned earlier, Drew Leines is full on honky tonk. Even got to watch a local band playing the deck stage of Charleston Pourhouse. Still nuts they played just ten minutes from my house on Thursday night, but since I was already booked, the trip to Charleston was epic!!!A242AB93-4C7D-4565-873E-7C9B6AA2BF24.jpeg7726F9CF-A097-4C6B-846B-8AF7E80B73FC.jpeg61B15BE6-9172-4AEE-91BF-BBF3E13447FA.jpeg

I'm kind of a Chris Knight purist, and most people covering him is a lost cause from the start since he's got such a way with his tunes; I gotta say this is a pretty damn good take.

Wallen is from Corryton, has fun singing about Tennessee football and East Tennessee, makes about $100,000 per concert, and has all the hot chicks up front. Not a bad gig.
I honestly don’t understand the hate some of these guys catch from the gatekeepers. If you (generally not you personally. This doesn’t seem to be your problem) …if you don’t like their music then that’s fine, but why do you have to attach a personal feeling to it and attack others that do. I think that says more about the gatekeepers than it does the people they’re trying to tear down.

But I digress.

I honestly don’t understand the hate some of these guys catch from the gatekeepers. If you (generally not you personally. This doesn’t seem to be your problem) …if you don’t like their music then that’s fine, but why do you have to attach a personal feeling to it and attack others that do. I think that says more about the gatekeepers than it does the people they’re trying to tear down.

But I digress.
I have a broad taste in music, a lot depends on the mood or situation. I like several of the bands that get touted in this thread a lot. I also had a lot of fun tailgating on campus this year with friends while listening to stuff like Wallen. About the only genre I just can't enjoy is straight up Pop, and I just change the station.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I have a broad taste in music, a lot depends on the mood or situation. I like several of the bands that get touted in this thread a lot. I also had a lot of fun tailgating on campus this year with friends while listening to stuff like Wallen. About the only genre I just can't enjoy is straight up Pop, and I just change the station.
Agreed.
The Red Women and I go to the line dancing, 2 stepping places a lot. Those bands catch a lot of hate but I can’t dance without them. lol

I think it's unimaginative and bad, so I laugh at it. I'm not going to come and change anyone's Playlist at gunpoint though.

Check out Jon Wolfe for some independent very danceable music

I think it's unimaginative and bad, so I laugh at it. I'm not going to come and change anyone's Playlist at gunpoint though.

Check out Jon Wolfe for some independent very danceable music
Cool
Which places play that? Or do I have to bring it with me.
(I’m messing with you. I think we’ve established that you are ok with others having a different musical taste)

Cool
Which places play that? Or do I have to bring it with me.
(I’m messing with you. I think we’ve established that you are ok with others having a different musical taste)
I mean slice I think we've got a welcoming group here all in all. I've hung with a few of the thread regulars and had a heck of a time, we may just love to give ****.

I think that some of us, me included, feel that radio country is like steak from Denny's, it's not awful but its not nearly as good as what comes from the songwriters.

Also, Jamie noticed that Noch and myself were the most animated people in sight for Tough Folks, and got a kick out of Bill singing BFD since Bill has lived a healthy life.

@Dallasbowlin you're coming next February.

“So pack light and love heavy, give it all your heart and soul, so in the end you won’t regret one thing… life is like Bluebonnets in the spring. Life is like Bluebonnets in the spring…”

I absolutely love this song and don’t think I’ll ever tire of it

VN Store

Back