Country music thread

If it were any other artist, I'd be against it, but Randy is a special case. He's alive and can consent to it. Seeing how happy it makes him is enough for me to be fine with it.

If it were any other artist, I'd be against it, but Randy is a special case. He's alive and can consent to it. Seeing how happy it makes him is enough for me to be fine with it.
I’m “ok” with it because it’s Randy. The special case imo here is that he literally can’t make new music and is alive to consent. But when people that are alive and “Consent” because of far less talent that AI can enhance is where I have problems.

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
I’m “ok” with it because it’s Randy. The special case imo here is that he literally can’t make new music and is alive to consent. But when people that are alive and “Consent” because of far less talent that AI can enhance is where I have problems.
Yeah, if it’s a situation like Randy it’s ok. I agree on the other part.

Reactions: volfanbill
Legends. Get to see them tonight as backing band for another Legend, Steve Earle

Attachments

• 20240621_213412.jpg
    20240621_213412.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240621_221559.jpg
    20240621_221559.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: volfanbill
Living at the Sheraton again, don't plan on eating there at all this time though. The drinks are good but it's a premium price for cafeteria food
Still don't think I'll be able to swing all 3 but tentatively planning to make 2 nights this time around instead of just the one night I've been able to swing up to this point.

Has there ever been a bigger change in quality than Parkers from Limestone Kid to whatever the heck he's doing now?
He was on McAfee Friday and they kept throwing out the bro country stuff and Parker was trying as hard as he could to not just straight up bash it, but he definitely asserted he’d never sing that stuff.

McAfee seemingly not knowing how big of a deal George Strait is to country music was awkward, but definitely on brand. And before anyone starts, as a recruiter I had lots and lots of windshield time, so listening to the show even though I know they’re the literal definition of idiots who don’t even try to understand actual facts was a good way to pass the time because they were often funny despite often times having takes worse than Skip Bayless.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
And a flutter of feathers
Then a shotgun to shoulder
I thought of the Fourth of July
She’ll be home on the Fourth of July
bet we dance on the Fourth of July

Reactions: Toujours Pret
Any of y’all heard of this new guy in the scene? Johnny Blue Skies? Seems familiar, I just can’t place who he reminds me of.
Oh this guy definitely gets a passing grade. You’d think he’s been making music for years. What a tremendous debut album.

Still can’t quite place who he reminds me of

Oh this guy definitely gets a passing grade. You’d think he’s been making music for years. What a tremendous debut album.

Still can’t quite place who he reminds me of
Planning on checking this out later this afternoon but received an early surprise in the inbox around noon today. I know BJ has been talking about this being a big rock album, and it definitely stands up to that but (not surprisingly) I find myself gravitating to the slow, sad songs on first listen. That being said, "Head Down, Feet Moving" is going to be absolutely hell on wheels to hear played live, especially at the Lincoln next February.

VN Store

Back