Could Smart's Mistake Benefit Us?

giphy.gif
1126.gif

I look at it this way. If you try a trick play and it has the opposite results that you wanted, then you are considered an idiot for trying it. However; if you try the same trick play and it results in a win, then you are a genius who has courage.

If you invest money in a losing stock because you have a hunch and it profits you, then you are a financial genious but if it doesn't work out, then you are a fool.

He’s not being judged b/c it failed, he’s being judged b/c it was a poorly designed play that Bama had clearly sniffed out before the snap. Seeing this Kirby went ahead with it.

Watch the play again. Every punt formation UGA has includes at least 2 blockers in front of the punter. This formation only had 1 player in front of the punter, Justin Fields. Fields was the #2 recruit last year. He’s their back up, running QB. He had already taken snaps at the QB position in this game. He is never in on punts. Bama saw him and knew it was a fake. They left their defense on the field.

Reactions: Remy
I look at it this way. If you try a trick play and it has the opposite results that you wanted, then you are considered an idiot for trying it. However; if you try the same trick play and it results in a win, then you are a genius who has courage.

If you invest money in a losing stock because you have a hunch and it profits you, then you are a financial genious but if it doesn't work out, then you are a fool.

It's ok to lose money, just not a football game.

Not so fast my friend. Bonehead play calls have consequences. Let’s see how this plays out. Granted, Georgia has been awfully good, but the Vols have been in the past and will be again!
How do we gauge this? If Georgia beats everyone in the SEC except Bama than I say I win. I think I win so...so fast my friend.

We all know how coaching, or lack thereof, can affect player moral and recruiting. So, with Kirby Smart getting blasted all over the place from everyone, any chance some of their recruits may start to waver? Not saying Smart isn't a good coach, but high school kids can be very fickle. Especially if the players have a hangover from the SECCG and lay an egg in their bowl game. Thoughts on if we may be able to benefit from his historic blunder?
Most classes are now done in the early signing period. Ga finishes top 2 in recruiting if it ended today, couple flips headed their way.

Smart talks to God.
Smart: God, what should I do?
God: Fake a punt.
Smart: But God, it’s 4th and 11.
God: Fake a punt.
Smart: OK.
Smart: Why did you tell me to fake a punt? We lost.
God: I don’t know. Bear, why did we tell him to fake a punt?
lol! Very Lewis Grizzardesque. Well done !

I guess some people just want to start random threads. If we go by this logic with the mistakes we made this year, we would have 0 commits and everyone transferring out of the program.

Reactions: 08Vol
It sure didn't hurt, neither is Auburn. But it didn't help that Alabama is now looking for an offensive coordinator. "Life is like a box of chocolates..." We have an opportunity, but you have to take advantage of it. In recent memory, Tennessee has not done that!

Perhaps it might. I know someone with firsthand knowledge of what happened on that fake punt.

It was Justin Fields' call whether to run that fake punt based on Alabama's pre-snap alignment. He called it on, checked with the sideline to get the go-ahead, and the UGA staff called it off. He gives the thumbs-up as if to say "Okay, no problem," turns, and runs the fake punt anyway. Maybe he wanted his moment in the spotlight, maybe he thought it was there after all, who knows. Later, after the game, Kirby is blessing him out in the locker room about it, and Fields, fed up, yells "F it, I'm transferring." Smart is not a dude that's gonna throw his bus, so of course you won't hear anything about that from him. But all this heat he's catching about the fake punt and terrible call is misplaced.

So the only way I can see it helping us is if Fields transfers.

I’m not usually the kind to say I told you so, but....

Fields Transferring

Also, the same person that told me about this said he was talking about transferring to Tennessee. Now that I don’t believe, with Bailey coming in, but you never know.

We all know how coaching, or lack thereof, can affect player moral and recruiting. So, with Kirby Smart getting blasted all over the place from everyone, any chance some of their recruits may start to waver? Not saying Smart isn't a good coach, but high school kids can be very fickle. Especially if the players have a hangover from the SECCG and lay an egg in their bowl game. Thoughts on if we may be able to benefit from his historic blunder?
To the same degree Auburn benefited from the kick 6.

I’m not usually the kind to say I told you so, but....

Fields Transferring

Also, the same person that told me about this said he was talking about transferring to Tennessee. Now that I don’t believe, with Bailey coming in, but you never know.
You're not exactly the only one that saw this coming.

Perhaps it might. I know someone with firsthand knowledge of what happened on that fake punt.

It was Justin Fields' call whether to run that fake punt based on Alabama's pre-snap alignment. He called it on, checked with the sideline to get the go-ahead, and the UGA staff called it off. He gives the thumbs-up as if to say "Okay, no problem," turns, and runs the fake punt anyway. Maybe he wanted his moment in the spotlight, maybe he thought it was there after all, who knows. Later, after the game, Kirby is blessing him out in the locker room about it, and Fields, fed up, yells "F it, I'm transferring." Smart is not a dude that's gonna throw his bus, so of course you won't hear anything about that from him. But all this heat he's catching about the fake punt and terrible call is misplaced.

So the only way I can see it helping us is if Fields transfers.

It isn't misplaced. Does Fields regularly line up on the punt team?

Is Smart losing control? Well, maybe not so much, but, I feel some tension going on in Georgia. The word on the hill was that gladness to to sadness in Georgia over the weekend.

We are doing a pretty impressive job right now of blundering the OC hire , so not much room for us to say anything
I hoped we had signed an O.C. before the early signing date but you cannot make a statement definitely that we have blundered the hire. Who knows what is going on, certainly not Volnation or any sports pundits.

I agree they are light years ahead of us, but he is getting torn apart by the media. Finebaum even said he threw his players under the bus by not taking responsibility, and instead said it didn't work because the players didn't execute it properly. Players and recruits don't like to hear this sort of thing.

Hmmm, and there were MANY on here that stated when CJP done the same thing it was A-OK and the players should quit being pansies.

He's been badmouthing a bunch of coaches the last few weeks on the recruiting trail and it's coming back to bite him. There is some fishy stuff going on with Fields and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets out. The Jimbo/Kirby relationship is caput as well. I don't think everything is as good in jawga as it looks.

He's been badmouthing a bunch of coaches the last few weeks on the recruiting trail and it's coming back to bite him. There is some fishy stuff going on with Fields and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets out. The Jimbo/Kirby relationship is caput as well. I don't think everything is as good in jawga as it looks.

I heard Kirby calls our coach Germy Poot but I have no evidence.

Why else would Justin Fields be on the field for that play unless it was a fake?
Of course if he somehow sneaked by undetected and got the first down,
it would be the call of a coaching genius just like his former boss substituting Tua
for Hurts in last season's National Championship game.
I think that Kirby's stringing along of Fields is a good indication that he does not have a very good concept on how to handle people. He would have been much better off to just say that we've got our quarterback this year you're going to have to wait.

VN Store

Back