Could Smart's Mistake Benefit Us?

We all know how coaching, or lack thereof, can affect player moral and recruiting. So, with Kirby Smart getting blasted all over the place from everyone, any chance some of their recruits may start to waver? Not saying Smart isn't a good coach, but high school kids can be very fickle. Especially if the players have a hangover from the SECCG and lay an egg in their bowl game. Thoughts on if we may be able to benefit from his historic blunder?

Seriously? Sounds like you are desperate for evidence that we can win sooner than everyone thinks. Sorry, gonna take a while

We all know how coaching, or lack thereof, can affect player moral and recruiting. So, with Kirby Smart getting blasted all over the place from everyone, any chance some of their recruits may start to waver? Not saying Smart isn't a good coach, but high school kids can be very fickle. Especially if the players have a hangover from the SECCG and lay an egg in their bowl game. Thoughts on if we may be able to benefit from his historic blunder?

I think you bring up a very good point. I have wondered the same as well. I wondered specifically how many of their players thought silently or in spoken format what in the world their coach was thinking. Additionally, he goes on camera 15 minutes after the painful loss and says the players dIdn't execute the play correctly. Kind of a double whammy. I can imagine there were at least some unhappy campers, and recruits do take notice. Who knows....we will see.

The fact that Kirby was at the game and we weren't says more than the bonehead decision does.

Reactions: RollerVol
Perhaps it might. I know someone with firsthand knowledge of what happened on that fake punt.

It was Justin Fields' call whether to run that fake punt based on Alabama's pre-snap alignment. He called it on, checked with the sideline to get the go-ahead, and the UGA staff called it off. He gives the thumbs-up as if to say "Okay, no problem," turns, and runs the fake punt anyway. Maybe he wanted his moment in the spotlight, maybe he thought it was there after all, who knows. Later, after the game, Kirby is blessing him out in the locker room about it, and Fields, fed up, yells "F it, I'm transferring." Smart is not a dude that's gonna throw his bus, so of course you won't hear anything about that from him. But all this heat he's catching about the fake punt and terrible call is misplaced.

So the only way I can see it helping us is if Fields transfers.

Actually, he's had several blunders. I would say no affect, but honestly neither you or I know that for certain. Pure conjecture on your part. All opinions are welcomed, though.

Riddle me this. How does it play in our favor when CJP is straight up honest with recruits about their shortcomings, what they need to work on the most, etc. when we're recruiting them but when Kirby Smart is honest it's supposed to somehow work against his top 5 class?

My teenagers all knew when somebody was pumping sunshine and BS and when somebody was trying to make them better. Give kids credit. Most of them are sharp enough to know what's really going on.

Reactions: RollerVol
It's like when the season is over the blood stops flowing thru poster's brains...

Riddle me this. How does it play in our favor when CJP is straight up honest with recruits about their shortcomings, what they need to work on the most, etc. when we're recruiting them but when Kirby Smart is honest it's supposed to somehow work against his top 5 class?

My teenagers all knew when somebody was pumping sunshine and BS and when somebody was trying to make them better. Give kids credit. Most of them are sharp enough to know what's really going on.
Buddy, from your response you might have been meaning to respond to someone else. Those 2 paragraphs are nothing that I even remotely insinuated.

if the kids don't know their parents do...or their agents...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

Back to back East championships, overall SEC championship, runner up to the national championship last year, one TD away from a second SEC championship and CFP berth. I hardly think pushing he envelope too far against Bama is going to have a positive impact on us. Alabama might be able to use it recruiting against Georgia but that is it.

It looks like Tn mostly recruits 3 star guys and Georgia only has one of those, the rest being 4 and 5 star guys. So I suppose Kirby’s lack of coaching skills could cost us one of our players to the Vols. But I hope not, he’s a good one.

Back to back East championships, overall SEC championship, runner up to the national championship last year, one TD away from a second SEC championship and CFP berth. I hardly think pushing he envelope too far against Bama is going to have a positive impact on us. Alabama might be able to use it recruiting against Georgia but that is it.
Not so fast my friend. Bonehead play calls have consequences. Let’s see how this plays out. Granted, Georgia has been awfully good, but the Vols have been in the past and will be again!

"hoing bowling" ? must be something they say down in Gawgia LOL J/K
giphy.gif

We’ll get top tier recruits just like everyone else does...

...by breaking the rules every chance we get and not getting caught.

VN Store

Back