Could Smart's Mistake Benefit Us?

volmania8

We all know how coaching, or lack thereof, can affect player moral and recruiting. So, with Kirby Smart getting blasted all over the place from everyone, any chance some of their recruits may start to waver? Not saying Smart isn't a good coach, but high school kids can be very fickle. Especially if the players have a hangover from the SECCG and lay an egg in their bowl game. Thoughts on if we may be able to benefit from his historic blunder?

Reactions: RollerVol
No. They won the east and are hoing bowling

I agree they are light years ahead of us, but he is getting torn apart by the media. Finebaum even said he threw his players under the bus by not taking responsibility, and instead said it didn't work because the players didn't execute it properly. Players and recruits don't like to hear this sort of thing.

UT gets to play Alabama during the regular season. Avoid this mess with Georgia. Play Alabama enough to learn to beat them.

Reactions: Catbone
Hmmm, Smart makes one mistake during the SECCG and cost them a chance for the CFP. They have to settle for a major bowl.

UT loses in blowout fashion to Mizzou and then Vandy. UT isn't going bowling at all (not even Shreveport or Birmingham) and doesn't even have an OC at the moment.

Yeah, can't really put us in any conversation about being able to benefit from any UGA mistakes. That's pretty much Florida at the moment.

Smart talks to God.
Smart: God, what should I do?
God: Fake a punt.
Smart: But God, it’s 4th and 11.
God: Fake a punt.
Smart: OK.
Smart: Why did you tell me to fake a punt? We lost.
God: I don’t know. Bear, why did we tell him to fake a punt?
we know it wasn't from majors, GA would have punted on third down

We all know how coaching, or lack thereof, can affect player moral and recruiting. So, with Kirby Smart getting blasted all over the place from everyone, any chance some of their recruits may start to waver? Not saying Smart isn't a good coach, but high school kids can be very fickle. Especially if the players have a hangover from the SECCG and lay an egg in their bowl game. Thoughts on if we may be able to benefit from his historic blunder?

I look at it this way. If you try a trick play and it has the opposite results that you wanted, then you are considered an idiot for trying it. However; if you try the same trick play and it results in a win, then you are a genius who has courage.

If you invest money in a losing stock because you have a hunch and it profits you, then you are a financial genious but if it doesn't work out, then you are a fool.

Not saying Smart isn't a good coach, but high school kids can be very fickle.

If they are that fickle, I don't want them anywhere near our program, because they are going to bail as soon as something goes wrong, like giving up 28 to bama in the 1st quarter.

Why else would Justin Fields be on the field for that play unless it was a fake?
Of course if he somehow sneaked by undetected and got the first down,
it would be the call of a coaching genius just like his former boss substituting Tua
for Hurts in last season's National Championship game.

No. Recruiting is about relationships. Zero affect form Kirby's one bad play call.

We are doing a pretty impressive job right now of blundering the OC hire , so not much room for us to say anything
How is that? Some on here think we should look like desperate stalkers looking for a hopefully willing mate at jump at the first big name, good or bad. They should make the correct hire for the program, not one to satisfy the neurotic desires of BVS sufferers everywhere.

No

Smart choked against us, GT, and Vandy in 2016 and we still suck..
Smart choked against Bama in 2017 and we still suck...
Smart choked against Bama in 2018 and ......

Reactions: Vato
I agree they are light years ahead of us, but he is getting torn apart by the media. Finebaum even said he threw his players under the bus by not taking responsibility, and instead said it didn't work because the players didn't execute it properly. Players and recruits don't like to hear this sort of thing.
Yes but PF will attack anyone not named Saban. That dude loves him some Saban rooster.

VN Store

Back