Could Smart's Mistake Benefit Us?

I think that Kirby's stringing along of Fields is a good indication that he does not have a very good concept on how to handle people. He would have been much better off to just say that we've got our quarterback this year you're going to have to wait.
Good to great HC’s stay hungry and try to get ERRYBODY and keep them til they ain’t. He learned from the best at loading up on the best regardless of playing time available...see Alvin Kamara (and I’m not talking about Butch).

Smart had his chances in the first 6 games to let Fields run the offense, instead of handing the ball off in the 2nd half 25 times, with just a couple of passes. These six games were blowouts, and they wouldn’t let him do hardly anything. If you take a look at Banas situation, after they were up this year by twenty or thirty points on people, they would bring in Hurts and let him throw bombs down the field to keep him warmed up in case something happened to Tua. Keeping Hurts warmed up and throwing the ball paid off in the SEC championship game.

Kirby is mediocre at best as a gameday coach, great recruiter, a good solid DC, and teacher of defense. Unless I miss my guess he is the living definition of the Peter Principle in action. He has been promoted to the level of his incompetence, no natty for him while he heads gawju. Mullen is about to cream him on the recruiting trail and the field IMO. Our guy CJP may be the same way only time will tell, but CJP's recruiting seems to be coming around on Day 2 and later of NSD, let's don't write him off yet.

Kirby is mediocre at best as a gameday coach, great recruiter, a good solid DC, and teacher of defense. Unless I miss my guess he is the living definition of the Peter Principle in action. He has been promoted to the level of his incompetence, no natty for him while he heads gawju. Mullen is about to cream him on the recruiting trail and the field IMO. Our guy CJP may be the same way only time will tell, but CJP's recruiting seems to be coming around on Day 2 and later of NSD, let's don't write him off yet.
Lol

A mediocre coach. 24-4 the last two seasons with an SEC Title, National Championship game appearance and another SECCG appearance. All four losses the last two years were to top 15 teams. Outside of Saban, you’re not going to get much better results.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
What is Smart going to do when Pruitt starts beating him?

I doubt Pruitt ever beats Smart. Smart thinks this staff is a joke anyway.

You are watching college football in some alternate reality. Smart will likely win a title in the 2019 season and Mullen is not threatening to out recruit him either. Yikes x 1,000,000

Steve Sarkisian is the Peter Principle in action.

Smart may have been too quick to blame the players for not executing, but I think that players want to play for an SEC contender who is critical of his players. At the end of the day recruits want to play on the big stage for a coach that has proven that he can coach at the highest level. He also happens to have a top recruiting class this year that is following recruiting class last year that was legendary. Players want to be seen and play in a big conference in big games, they know that right now Smart can get them there, so they will continue to sign.

We all know how coaching, or lack thereof, can affect player moral and recruiting. So, with Kirby Smart getting blasted all over the place from everyone, any chance some of their recruits may start to waver? Not saying Smart isn't a good coach, but high school kids can be very fickle. Especially if the players have a hangover from the SECCG and lay an egg in their bowl game. Thoughts on if we may be able to benefit from his historic blunder?

No.

It never gets old reading these type of posts. Damn.

Finebaum even said he threw his players under the bus by not taking responsibility, and instead said it didn't work because the players didn't execute it properly. Players and recruits don't like to hear this sort of thing.

I recall something about an onside kick being handled the same way also.......

What is Smart going to do when Pruitt starts beating him?
You mean that didn’t already happen? Smart can’t beat Pruitt... As far as fields goes, it was odd he committed to UGA in the first place and sometimes things just don’t work out. I was one of the fans that thought fields would overtake Fromm and it looked like a real possibility after the LSU game. Then Fromm played amazing for the last half of the season and did particularly well vs bama, so I’ll admit I was wrong. I might have some kennesaw bias, but I still believe fields is a special talent with a ceiling higher than Fromm’s and wish him the best wherever he goes. Then recruiting, Mullen has never had a reputation of being a big recruiter. Even with FSU down and Miami imploding, he didn’t exactly clean up. I think Pruitt will be a bigger threat to Kirby in recruiting than Mullen, especially when he starts to get things rolling.

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back