Could Bucs LBs coach Barry join Vols as defensive coordinator? No, not really.

What is the latest on Barry?

Not sure. There has been speculation that the owners of the Bucs might not want/let him leave. I've also read in some not so reputable places that Kiffin is trying to hire him as well. Kiffin's staff seems fairly sorted, at least 'til signing day. Hopefully there's a good reason we're waiting. If the Vikings should lose tomorrow....purely speculation and wild fantasy on my part. :dance2:

I am so confused to what is going on...it seems the story line that our DC is in a game today makes sense right now. Barry then would have rejected us? Tampa cannot prevent him from leaving they could offer him more money to stay.

I really hope he decides to stay. I do not want him at UT.

He only got his DC job because of his daddy-in-law, he did a terrible job with the Lions (they were better immediately under Barry's replacement), and he has no visible recruiting ties.

TOMMY SPANGLER!!!!

I really hope he decides to stay. I do not want him at UT.

He only got his DC job because of his daddy-in-law, he did a terrible job with the Lions (they were better immediately under Barry's replacement), and he has no visible recruiting ties.

TOMMY SPANGLER!!!!

I agree. I think that you may see Tommy named after NSD. This would be respectful to La Tech, as they currently have a new HC and AD. DD is that kind of person I feel...yet the X would not have any morals and just poach him.

I am so confused to what is going on...it seems the story line that our DC is in a game today makes sense right now. Barry then would have rejected us? Tampa cannot prevent him from leaving they could offer him more money to stay.

They could enforce his contract and make him pay what he makes this year. Not sure of his salary but my guess it is similar to what he would make at UT. This would basically make him work for free?

No they could not that is legally ridiculous...I am a former lawyer. They have to show actual harm from him leaving. Contract law with personal services is different then with goods...they cannot absolutely cannot make him pay unless to replace him cost more. He would have to pay for one year the increase in cost. And that is only if market price had gone up not because Glasers paid some guy too much.

No they could not that is legally ridiculous...I am a former lawyer. They have to show actual harm from him leaving. Contract law with personal services is different then with goods...they cannot absolutely cannot make him pay unless to replace him cost more. He would have to pay for one year the increase in cost. And that is only if market price had gone up not because Glasers paid some guy too much.

Exactly. I haven't seen his contract. It may have a liquidated damages clause (buyout).
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Jlove you and I both know those clauses are enforceable if not punitive. NFL to NFL is reasonable it is direct competition. NFL to college is not...however anyone can file anything with a court and the Glasers could make a stink they would likely lose. Barry may not want to burn that bridge is the only thing I can think of.

The lack of buzz makes me hopeful CDD has someone in mind that is associated with one of the 4 NFL teams playing this weekend. Is Chuck Smith the most obvious connection there? We could find out soon I suppose.

"once a lawyer..always a lawyer" Semper Fi!

I know why you are a former lawyer with those English Skillz........:crazy:

I know why you are a former lawyer with those English Skillz........:crazy:

Yeah...that is what matters dude. I know many great clerks man...they were great at writing up my dictations...I mean what else is a grammer cop good for?

I bet we do not hear about a DC until after NSD. Heard on Vol calls tonight that DD's number one concern right now is the recruiting class. hubbs is about reporting the same.

I bet we do not hear about a DC until after NSD. Heard on Vol calls tonight that DD's number one concern right now is the recruiting class. hubbs is about reporting the same.

Wow there is a shocker, the coach is focusing on getting players who will be on the field and not a coach who will stand on the side. Common sense tells me that recruiting has a hard deadline coming up and while a dc might help recruiting, taking precious days or hours from to get one isn't worth it.

And a source in Tampa tells me that Barry and Rahim Morris are scheduled to talk today about his future with the Bucs and whether or not Barry could get out of his contract to come to Tennessee if he is offered the job.

rivals

On December 21, 2008, at a press conference following the Lions' 42-7 loss to the New Orleans Saints, Detroit News sports columnist Rob Parker addressed a question about Barry to Marinelli, inquiring whether Marinelli wished that his daughter had "married a better defensive coordinator."

VN Store

Back