Coronavirus (No politics)

Exactly what it is for.

Here is key points, IF you are vaccinated, you don’t get tested. IF you are not, you get 2 tests a week and if you are positives you sit. Vaccinated doesn’t sit. That ensures most teams will be at least 75% (85% is the goal) players are good to go. Only a few aren’t there yet. AU is about 50% and their HC isn’t vaccinated.
True, though if vaxxed and showing symptoms, then they'd still have to be tested. Seems unlikely, but a team could conceivably do it all right and still have a forfeit.

The State of Tennessee has had 1,021,578 positive cases. Only 13,338 deaths (which are NOT all because of COVID. If you have a GSW, but had COVID when you died, it counts as a COVID death)

That math comes out to 0.0013

Or 0.13%
Now do the math on those under the age of 25 with no serious medical conditions.
Actually, just please do the math correctly.
13,000 out of 1,000,000 is 1.3%.

And to put that into perspective, there are 5500+ passenger flights a day in the US. If they crash at 1.3%, that would mean 71 planes would crash everyday just in the US. Even at .13%, that is still 7 planes a day or 2550 a year. Let’s say only 5,000 of the deaths in Tennessee were actually from Covid (and not the 13,338), that’s still .5% which would equal 27 planes a day. No one would be flying.

The actual chances of being in a plane crash are 1 in 11,000,000, or 0.0000091%. The chances of dying from Covid are literally exponentially higher than dying in a plane crash.

I think it puts more pressure on teams to get everyone vaccinated.

The vaccine doesn't stop anyone from still getting it. It is supposed to just lessen the severity of the symptoms. A team can be 100% vaccinated but still have to forfeit a game because someone gets ill and tests positive.

Reactions: feathersax
I don't wish COVID-19 on anyone but, if that is what it takes to slow Bama down, and their players all recover....just saying. GBO VFL

I can't find the video clip but getting a win over Bama in that way reminds me a little of this scene in the movie Wildcats...

Goldie Hawn: "Your team only won one game last year and that's because the other team's bus broke down."

Nipsie Russell: "Yeah, that victory party was something to see!"

Tell the folks spouting these nonsensical rules to piss off. Play the game regardless. If a player, coach or fan doesn't feel comfortable being a part of it, stay home. For the rest of the freedom loving people, we choose to live our lives. Refuse to submit.

The vaccine doesn't stop anyone from still getting it. It is supposed to just lessen the severity of the symptoms. A team can be 100% vaccinated but still have to forfeit a game because someone gets ill and tests positive.
The vaccine can stop people from getting it.

I think it puts more pressure on teams to get everyone vaccinated.

per the SEC protocols, even vaccinated people have to isolate if they get COVID. Just like the Titans have had a dozen or so players / coaches in isolation even though vaccinated.

I thought I read that the SEC has different testing policies based on how many vaccinated players a team has.

if you have any type symptom, you have to get tested. They don't do weekly testing as long as over 85% of team is vaccinated. But get a cold, you get tested to see if its COVID.

Reactions: golfballs
that's the frustrating part of this for people who are trying to gather information and make informed decisions. both sides have studies and scientists and medical professionals to quote. both sides are worthy of consideration and mistrust. that's why I am sympathetic to people no matter what they decide to do.

that's the frustrating part of this for people who are trying to gather information and make informed decisions. both sides have studies and scientists and medical professionals to quote. both sides are worthy of consideration and mistrust. that's why I am sympathetic to people no matter what they decide to do.
It’s very frustrating when people post information off a title and don’t read the articles or the follow up to those articles.

Because most of the stuff he posts lacks context and he has been called on it.
Just like all the “COVID deaths” right? Could’ve had COVID and hit by a bus and you’re considered a COVID death. Yet you all believe every stat posted that agrees with your narrative/opinion. Truly fascinating stuff

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
That’s why every study presented should be ignored until it passes a peer review. Too many folks trying to prove their opinions or simple after clicks.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Just like all the “COVID deaths” right? Could’ve had COVID and hit by a bus and you’re considered a COVID death. Yet you all believe every stat posted that agrees with your narrative/opinion. Truly fascinating stuff

Straw man argument. Out of 600,000 American deaths, how many traffic accidents do you think COVID is documented as the cause of death? 🙄

And yes Comorbidities play a part but that doesn’t mean COVID wasn’t what sent them to their death. 2020 studies conclude the amount of deaths from COVID were undercounted so please stop with the tired argument that people weren’t really dying from COVID.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
Israeli study: Natural immunity gives better protection than COVID shot

"the risk of developing symptomatic COVID-19 was 27 times higher among the vaccinated, and the risk of hospitalization eight times higher."
"This analysis demonstrated that natural immunity affords longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization due to the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity,"

Straw man argument. Out of 600,000 American deaths, how many traffic accidents do you think COVID is documented as the cause of death? 🙄

And yes Comorbidities play a part but that doesn’t mean COVID wasn’t what sent them to their death. 2020 studies conclude the amount of deaths from COVID were undercounted so please stop with the tired argument that people weren’t really dying from COVID.
Did you misread? I did not once say people never died from COVID. But there’s also been many instances where somebody died “with COVID” and it’s counted as a COVID death. I’m sorry It doesn’t fit the narrative for you buddy

VN Store

Back