Coronavirus (No politics)

Sankey, SEC activate COVID-19 forfeiture policy
Wow! No make up games. I don’t think they could it having a full schedule. The only way for make up games would be to, push the SECCG back for a while. That’s not hateither…
Now schools will push for players and staff to get vaccine that object to it. And also it will have some schools to hide COVID results and test just to play.

I was just in Publix, there was this one maskless guy standing in the middle of an aisle on his phone saying to someone he doesn’t feel well and needs to get tested for Covid. What a selfish uncaring idiot.
I wonder if he was trying to clear the line. I did not blue font that because it's only a half jest. I have seen people feign illness to try and intimidate others out of their way. And then you have the people who will take it to the next level by faking an illness to try and scare the cops out of arresting them.

edit: I see you said this was middle of an aisle, so not the checkout I presume. I think the same thing could apply though. There are people who will go out in public when sick, which is stupid. And then there are people who try to use the threat of contagion to scare other people around them.

Reactions: MAD
Looks like this is our best chance to break the bama streak. Cmon Covid forfeit!
Still be a loss.

Would suck to be the team that did everything correct, is ready to play yet take a loss because of who they played that week. Who wants to bet Bama nor any of their opponents will have Covid the week they play.

Reactions: jlbvols
I think it puts more pressure on teams to get everyone vaccinated.
Exactly what it is for.

Here is key points, IF you are vaccinated, you don’t get tested. IF you are not, you get 2 tests a week and if you are positives you sit. Vaccinated doesn’t sit. That ensures most teams will be at least 75% (85% is the goal) players are good to go. Only a few aren’t there yet. AU is about 50% and their HC isn’t vaccinated.

Maybe Florida and Georgia will get it by the time we play them. Our record would be phenomenal then. I want to play them though. But ummm…

Are any SEC schools doing "remote classes" this year? If so, their athletes aren't forced to wander around campus and that would lessen their exposure.

A forfeit to Vandy or USCe would be a knife to the gut. I dislike the "bubble" mentality but exposure to random folks is where the risk is for the team.

But the thing is they're still testing the hell out of them right? And you can still have an outbreak and forfeit games with a bunch of asymptomatic players. (Even though most of them were for the most part asymptomatic anyway)

Reactions: UTvol1fn
But the thing is they're still testing the hell out of them right? And you can still have an outbreak and forfeit games with a bunch of asymptomatic players. (Even though most of them were for the most part asymptomatic anyway)
yeah if they all get vaxxed the testing needs to end -- its getting ridiculus

Reactions: UTvol1fn
If it came up to Alabama week and they had to forfeit and we won the East we’d still have to get past them twice. Oh and that’d be the cherry to their season to keep us out of the playoff.

Depends on what team it is. If it’s UGA and Bama. I nothing will happen. If it’s UT or USC both schools will be hammered!
So, how does Georgia and Bama get away with forfeits? I don’t think that they can hide this stuff, unless they find a way to hide it? There isn’t hiding COVID on a team, because everyone can get sick from it…

It's not positive tests that are the real problem. It's the contact tracing that results from a positive test that could trigger a significant number of players being held out. And this in spite of the other players being vaccinated and testing negative.

I thought I read that the SEC has different testing policies based on how many vaccinated players a team has.

I wonder if he was trying to clear the line. I did not blue font that because it's only a half jest. I have seen people feign illness to try and intimidate others out of their way. And then you have the people who will take it to the next level by faking an illness to try and scare the cops out of arresting them.

edit: I see you said this was middle of an aisle, so not the checkout I presume. I think the same thing could apply though. There are people who will go out in public when sick, which is stupid. And then there are people who try to use the threat of contagion to scare other people around them.
The ole Tommy Boy “the bees are after us” trick!

Really? What about the vaccinated who are testing positive? Like the 6-7 Tenn Titans (All vaxxed) who are sitting for 10 days? HOW is the SEC going to Scramble that egg? As CJM said, "Be Careful What You Say".

Really? What about the vaccinated who are testing positive? Like the 6-7 Tenn Titans (All vaxxed) who are sitting for 10 days? HOW is the SEC going to Scramble that egg? As CJM said, "Be Careful What You Say".
why are they even testing vaxxed players ? Are they sick ?

VN Store

Back