Coronavirus (No politics)

Lol such faulty logic. More people DONT have Covid than DO. So it’s not that dangerous right? ShOwS YoU DoNt KnoW WhAt yOu’Re TaLkIng AbOuT
You're being an ass hole as well as an idiot. More people don't have the flu every year than do. So the fawk what? If you actually paid attention to what I said, you'd see that I agreed it was over politicized and there was a huge overreaction, but none of that lessens the severity for those who actually DO get the disease, which you don't know **** about since you haven't had it.

Reactions: volwindy
You're being an ass hole as well as an idiot. More people don't have the flu every year than do. So the fawk what? If you actually paid attention to what I said, you'd see that I agreed it was over politicized and there was a huge overreaction, but none of that lessens the severity for those who actually DO get the disease, which you don't know **** about since you haven't had it.
Claiming that the disease isn't dangerous because less people have it than do is faulty logic. Just like saying i don't know what i'm talking about because I haven't had it. You missed the point of my post entirely.

Then his body may think he has it this time
I'm no scientist like @SSVol but my theory is the older you are, the more likely you've seen bugs similar to this one. This is a Corona virus and obviously there are millions of Corona viruses. Being exposed to the vaccine is less impactful to one's immune system.

No way he's had the virus. He was more careful than I. Hardly left the house. It's been documented that younger folks have stronger responses. He had very little on the first shot.
Asymptomatic I would bet. I think it’s same for me, nearly everyone at work had it but i didn’t which seems mathematically impossible I didn’t. Also appears blood type may have some differences.

I'm no scientist like @SSVol but my theory is the older you are, the more likely you've seen bugs similar to this one. This is a Corona virus and obviously there are millions of Corona viruses. Being exposed to the vaccine is less impactful to one's immune system.
this one is novel, in humans, though.

I had the covid. My wife lost her sense of smell for a while so I am willing to bet she had it. If my kids didn't have it for me having it then I am not worried about the getting it from anywhere else.

There is evidence coming out now that people with a significant level of antibodies from a natural infection that receive the vaccine could actually experience higher levels of adverse effects from the vaccine. For my family that had direct contact with it and had little to no ill effects from the virus it doesn't make sense for us to get the vaccine. I am pro vaccines and all my kids have received the vaccines that we think they need. We don't get them flu shots and they would probably have more severe adverse effects from a flu infection than from covid. Every person should make their choice to get vaccinated or not. Telling people they have to do something generally just makes us stubborn folk dig our heels in.
I had the vaccine. My dad who as of yesterday was told he has 6-12 months of life left on this earth, is too important to me to worry about side affects of the vaccine. I don't think anyone should be forced to take the vaccine. It is a personal choice.

Also, it was important to me to try and do my part to reach herd immunity. It's doubtful that we will.reach it and it's probably here to stay because so many refuse to get vaccinated. I post this as I travel to visit my BIL who's been in the hospital for 2 months with complications from covid. He flat on his back. He's can barely move his arms. Virtually no use of his legs. He can speak when he plugs off his trach but he wears out after about 1 hr though. His oxygen falls occasionally and he has to be placed back on the ventilator. His kidneys are shot and he'll be on dialysis for the rest of his life. Or if he happe s to recover enough he could have a kidney transplant.

Oh, by the way, he, or at least he was, an antivaxxer and an anti-masker. Like I said, it's a personal choice so he owns his condition 100%.

I had the covid. My wife lost her sense of smell for a while so I am willing to bet she had it. If my kids didn't have it for me having it then I am not worried about the getting it from anywhere else.

There is evidence coming out now that people with a significant level of antibodies from a natural infection that receive the vaccine could actually experience higher levels of adverse effects from the vaccine. For my family that had direct contact with it and had little to no ill effects from the virus it doesn't make sense for us to get the vaccine. I am pro vaccines and all my kids have received the vaccines that we think they need. We don't get them flu shots and they would probably have more severe adverse effects from a flu infection than from covid. Every person should make their choice to get vaccinated or not. Telling people they have to do something generally just makes us stubborn folk dig our heels in.
who is saying you have to get it?

I do think in Countries like Brazil, India, etc there needs tk be a reversal. US needs to ramp up education efforts since Jair Balsinaro is completely refusing to let anyone get it (accordign to what little info we get).

Bottom line is Science behind vaccine is solid. I would encourage folks to talk to clinicians who have access to real data and numbers. Pharmacists have some of best access to info as many are licensed to administer the shot.

His precautions don't mean he didn't have it. Younger people generally are asymptomatic and he could've had it and not even known. They should perform an antibodies test prior to providing the vaccine to anyone. Natural infection to a virus offers as good or better immunity than any vaccine ever could.
I'm 100% confident he didn't have it. He lives at home. His mother and I never had it. No way we could have avoided it.

I had the vaccine. My dad who as of yesterday was told he has 6-12 months of life left on this earth, is too important to me to worry about side affects of the vaccine. I don't think anyone should be forced to take the vaccine. It is a personal choice.

Also, it was important to me to try and do my part to reach herd immunity. It's doubtful that we will.reach it and it's probably here to stay because so many refuse to get vaccinated. I post this as I travel to visit my BIL who's been in the hospital for 2 months with complications from covid. He flat on his back. He's can barely move his arms. Virtually no use of his legs. He can speak when he plugs off his trach but he wears out after about 1 hr though. His oxygen falls occasionally and he has to be placed back on the ventilator. His kidneys are shot and he'll be on dialysis for the rest of his life. Or if he happe s to recover enough he could have a kidney transplant.

Oh, by the way, he, or at least he was, an antivaxxer and an anti-masker. Like I said, it's a personal choice so he owns his condition 100%.
sigh, perhaps preventable? it's same song and dance. I just hope and pray that the politicization ends. Just go get the shot. It isnt bad.

but youre right at this point enough people have access to information to inform themselves, he had access.

ill be praying for your brother in law.

His precautions don't mean he didn't have it. Younger people generally are asymptomatic and he could've had it and not even known. They should perform an antibodies test prior to providing the vaccine to anyone. Natural infection to a virus offers as good or better immunity than any vaccine ever could.
He had virtually no side affects from the first shot. He didn't ever have covid. I'm confident.

I pray for all that were negatively affected and those like your BIL most of all. I am not dismissing the disease or the vaccine. We know people that have had severe negative side effects up to and including death. It is not a joke of a disease for many people and should be taken seriously. I and my family had a natural infection and the evidence is proving out that those with a natural infection will likely carry the antibodies forever. So effectively we have been vaccinated.

sigh, perhaps preventable? it's same song and dance. I just hope and pray that the politicization ends. Just go get the shot. It isnt bad.

but youre right at this point enough people have access to information to inform themselves, he had access.

ill be praying for your brother in law.
He was at risk. He would have been eligible for the vaccine as soon as it became available to the public. His family encouraged him to get it. He has family in the medical field that could have helped him get it January but he chose not to.

Yep. So make college athletes get the vaccine. Why? Because it keeps them from getting rona? Lol, of course not. They can still get it.

Oh, it’s to reduce symptoms. But wait, young healthy people rarely show symptoms, right? Oh yes, and in fact, young healthy people are more at risk from the flu, which we do not require vaccination for, than they are from the rona. But still get it anyway because reasons.

Oh, is it to stop others from getting it? Lol no, they can be vaccinated if they want to, and still, as seen above, can get it anyway. And there’s side affects in young people that are cropping up for the vaccine.

So why should a young person get it then? Because we said so, and if you don’t, we’ll punish you.
☝️

Your individual experience doesn’t change the overwhelming data that Covid is not that dangerous to basically everyone who doesn’t have trouble getting out of a chair. It’s really not worth getting into. It’s entirely politicized disease. That’s where the mental disorder comes in.

Tell that to the 60,000+ that died from Covid in Texas. That’s about double the deaths from the flu in 2019 in the entire USA.
Texas has much more stringent requirements for labeling a covid death than the liberal states.
Just because the media and politicians made it a social and political issue, doesn’t mean that it’s not a dangerous and deadly virus.
Not a week goes by that my patients don’t talk about friends and family they have lost to this virus.

I pray for all that were negatively affected and those like your BIL most of all. I am not dismissing the disease or the vaccine. We know people that have had severe negative side effects up to and including death. It is not a joke of a disease for many people and should be taken seriously. I and my family had a natural infection and the evidence is proving out that those with a natural infection will likely carry the antibodies forever. So effectively we have been vaccinated.
I hope so. I don't trust any of the science in either camp. I think there is way to much assumption. I think there is way too many alternative motives that make there way into opinions. At first they were saying natural antibodies weren't present 6 months after exposure. If it were me, I would have an antibodies test from time to time. For me it's not about me but the loved ones around me. If I were to unknowingly (or knowingly) pass on covid to someone and they died, I'm not sure I could ever forgive myself.

He was at risk. He would have been eligible for the vaccine as soon as it became available to the public. His family encouraged him to get it. He has family in the medical field that could have helped him get it January but he chose not to.

My mom is 71 today. The way the vaccine has become a political cudgel is the reason she doesn't want to take it. My brother is going to get it becomes he travels overseas often and they are requiring it. Once he has had it, he is going to encourage her to get it as well. Our politicians should be ashamed of themselves for turning this into what they have.

Yep. So make college athletes get the vaccine. Why? Because it keeps them from getting rona? Lol, of course not. They can still get it.

Oh, it’s to reduce symptoms. But wait, young healthy people rarely show symptoms, right? Oh yes, and in fact, young healthy people are more at risk from the flu, which we do not require vaccination for, than they are from the rona. But still get it anyway because reasons.

Oh, is it to stop others from getting it? Lol no, they can be vaccinated if they want to, and still, as seen above, can get it anyway. And there’s side affects in young people that are cropping up for the vaccine.

So why should a young person get it then? Because we said so, and if you don’t, we’ll punish you.
TY for saying that so much better than I did.

VN Store

Back