Coronavirus (No politics)

I don’t know if I’m too old or not old enough to understand your walking zombie statement, but if you mean that you received the vaccine and are living fine, that’s great for you. You probably have a higher risk of illness than a 20 year old athlete. (Unless, of course, you are one). I am not vaccinating my children who I hope to give me healthy grandchildren some day.

If I were an obese 20 year old, a 30 year old diabetic, a 40 year old AIDS patient, or an 80 year old, I would get the vaccine.

Yea, I get it. That's everyone's choice. But everyone also knows that an unvaccinated person has to adhere to different protocols as opposed to a vaccinated person. It's all laid out there.

I am not 20, but I am not unhealthy either. I did it so that I can see my 75 year old parents and can do as I please.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
And the rules in place are forcing people to get vaccinated even if they do not want to in order to keep playing a sport or keep their job. You don't have a problem with that? We used to value individual rights.
Rules have been doing that for at least my entire lifetime.

I've had to prove vaccination for school, and thus for sports and work indirectly, half a dozen times probably.

Didn't see anybody speaking up for the measles deniers, then.

And the rules in place are forcing people to get vaccinated even if they do not want to in order to keep playing a sport or keep their job. You don't have a problem with that? We used to value individual rights.

They don't have to stop playing! That is incorrect. They just have to adhere to different policies to avoid the spread of a virus.

Everyone knows what I do- I understand individual rights...lol.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
You can't complain when the rules are different when they choose different paths. That's the risk you run.

It's not that difficult.
Oh, I can complain when the rules are "do what you are told because I said that's the way it is going to be in this Brave New World." Just because they are "technically forcing" them to do something you agree with does not mean they should have to do something they do not agree with.

Yea, but everyone knows what the rules are. Just do it so that the rules don't apply. It's quite simple. Just like states requiring elementary kids to show proof of immunization to attend school.
But none of these rules are Law and that’s why I have an argument. Just like the mask mandates and lockdowns, these issues were dictated with (what we especially know now) little and/or faulty data and information. Plain and simple it’s unconstitutional to push mandates and people when no Law has been applied to it. This will all likely get struck down a couple years from now once the damage has been done.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
They don't have to stop playing! That is incorrect. They just have to adhere to different policies to avoid the spread of a virus.

Everyone knows what I do- I understand individual rights...lol.
Well, I really thought you understood individual rights until you said just get vaccinated even if you don't want to so you want to be to be treated differently than those who chose to be vaccinated.

Reactions: UTMVol76
Well, I really thought you understood individual rights until you said just get vaccinated even if you don't want to so you want to be to be treated differently than those who chose to be vaccinated.

“Those who would trade liberty for security are deserved of neither one”

— Benjamin Franklin

Reactions: jpope9

I didn't exactly say that. But it's a cost-benefit analysis. If I was playing any sport where I was getting a scholarship OR getting paid, then it's almost a no-brainer for me. If I didn't want to get it, then I understand that I have to be regularly tested and a positive test would take me out.

I will be done with this.

Yea, I get it. That's everyone's choice. But everyone also knows that an unvaccinated person has to adhere to different protocols as opposed to a vaccinated person. It's all laid out there.

I am not 20, but I am not unhealthy either. I did it so that I can see my 75 year old parents and can do as I please.
its more for other people than for me. several family with lowered immune system disorders, elderly parents, and babies? Perhaps it's because we've been blessed with some very intelligent friends with extensive medical training, who explained the research? Or, because its just the right thing to do? We have to get back to normal.

Reactions: DarthVol1
Oh, I can complain when the rules are "do what you are told because I said that's the way it is going to be in this Brave New World." Just because they are "technically forcing" them to do something you agree with does not mean they should have to do something they do not agree with.

It's not obvious to me why you have the right to avoid the vaccine, but your employer or your sports league don't have the freedom of association to impose their guidelines to you because of that. It's their league, or business, and their right to keep it safe however they see fit, regardless of whether you agree with them.

Reactions: VolGee4
But none of these rules are Law and that’s why I have an argument. Just like the mask mandates and lockdowns, these issues were dictated with (what we especially know now) little and/or faulty data and information. Plain and simple it’s unconstitutional to push mandates and people when no Law has been applied to it. This will all likely get struck down a couple years from now once the damage has been done.

Not trying to avoid this, but it's all been discussed. It could take pages to dig even deeper, so I will avoid it.

A mask mandate is not unconstitutional, and two federal judges in west TN (appointed by two different Presidents) upheld the restaurant restrictions. I will leave it at that. What's all so ironic is that I bet that my political ideologies are probably in line with many of you. But, this topic has gotten way out of hand with what people want to believe.

Anyone arguing that getting a vaccine violates their individual rights probably needs to do so with a towel nearby to mop up the drool. Y’all tell a bunch of babies dead from whooping cough or stuck in wheelchairs from polio about your individual rights. I’m sure they’re gonna be real impressed.

Reactions: Go aeiou
Not trying to avoid this, but it's all been discussed. It could take pages to dig even deeper, so I will avoid it.

A mask mandate is not unconstitutional, and two federal judges in west TN (appointed by two different Presidents) upheld the restaurant restrictions. I will leave it at that. What's all so ironic is that I bet that my political ideologies are probably in line with many of you. But, this topic has gotten way out of hand with what people want to believe.
I agree on business mandates actually, I believe that a business has that right as I have the right not to go. The statewide edicts are the ones I am speaking of.

Benjamin Franklin lived in time way before harmless vaccines.
His statement had nothing to do with vaccines and everything to do with mindset. Keep in mind these men just took on the most dangerous empire in the world. Our mindsets today would have been to cower and hide.

Oh, and I’m not anti Vax, I’m anti-mandates that have many gone through a legislative process, there’s a massive difference.

gov still pushing get the vaccine even tho you can still get rona.
Think of it as a flu vaccine. It's only to help build antibodies. It's not guaranteed to not make you have covid. Same as the flu shot is not guaranteed to make you have the flu.

Think of it as a flu vaccine. It's only to help build antibodies. It's not guaranteed to not make you have covid. Same as the flu shot is not guaranteed to make you have the flu.
Yep. So make college athletes get it. Why? Because it keeps them from getting rona? Lol, of course not. They can still get it.

Oh, it’s to reduce symptoms. But wait, young healthy people rarely show symptoms, right? Oh yes, and in fact, young healthy people are more at risk from the flu, which we do not require vaccination for, than they are from the rona. But still get it anyway because reasons.

Oh, is it to stop others from getting it? Lol no, they can be vaccinated if they want to, and still, as seen above, can get it anyway. And there’s side affects in young people that are cropping up for the vaccine.

So why should a young person get it then? Because we said so, and if you don’t, we’ll punish you.

Last edited:

Yep. So make college athletes get the vaccine. Why? Because it keeps them from getting rona? Lol, of course not. They can still get it.

Oh, it’s to reduce symptoms. But wait, young healthy people rarely show symptoms, right? Oh yes, and in fact, young healthy people are more at risk from the flu, which we do not require vaccination for, than they are from the rona. But still get it anyway because reasons.

Oh, is it to stop others from getting it? Lol no, they can be vaccinated if they want to, and still, as seen above, can get it anyway.

And on top of that, there’s side affects in young people that are cropping up for the vaccine.

So why should a young person get it then? Because we said so, and if you don’t, we’ll punish you.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back