Cord cutter here, and I have a question..

Just downloaded it. Looks the same as some others I've seen. Cinema is one. Morpheus is another. Same content, different wrapper. But, good to know.

Do yall have a favorite VPN? How about favorite live t.v. site?

Cinema and Bee t.v. works well for me but need a site with live channels that works. I had the official app but it went away. Something with as may cfb channels as possible.

Cinema and Bee t.v. works well for me but need a site with live channels that works. I had the official app but it went away. Something with as may cfb channels as possible.
USTVGO Net works great and has tons of stations live.

Does anyone have YouTube tv that can share their experience? I have HULU live which I love but they keep increasing the price so exploring other options.
I have YTTV and love it. Cut the cord almost 2 years ago and will not go back.

Reactions: FBtime
I love it overall but it buffers like crazy on live sports. And no, it's not my internet speed as it's lightening fast.

Other live stuff just is fine and it's not just me, a lot of subscribers complain about it. If that one bug could get worked out it'd be near perfect
Interesting. Are you going thru a Roku device? Mine buffered on one of my Roku Ultras (hard wired). Went and bought a Samsung smart TV and hasn’t buffered yet (watching NBA live).

They haven't formally announced it yet, but YouTubeTV is going to have a price increase between $15-25/month next year, depending on what channels and DVR capabilities you want. So buyer beware.

The problem with all of the streaming services is that they are all hemorrhaging money. Their programming costs are the same as cable companies, but they can't make money by selling you internet. The business model for them was to build subscribers quickly, then increase the price to less than cable, but still expensive. They're all going up sooner rather than later, or they'll just fold like Playstation Vue is.
Yeah but I've saved so so much money over the last 3 years by using youtube TV. It will take a lot of price increases to break even with what I used to spend with Comcast or directv. I've been saving 50 to 60 dollars a month for years now. No equipment rental fees, no "HD charges" no billsh!t. They could raise their price to 100 a month and it would still take several years to equal what I would have spent with one of the other cable companies. And we have had gigabit fiber internet from att for years now. It's been 70 or 90 bucks a month for sick bandwidth.

I love YouTube TV but it’s starting to get a little bloated with stuff I don’t want with $10 increases. Looking for an alternative to stream the 3 major local channels live with the sports channels. My wife is anti-digital antenna so that’s not an option.

ExpressVPN. It's a bit pricier than others, but it has fooled every blackout I ran into. (I was basically blacked out from everything - sling, Amazon TV, American Netflix, etc - when we lived in Peru for three years). It also has a handy app on the fire sticks that would let you turn it on or off all your applications at a whim or change your location.

NordVPN

Reactions: kregman
I love YouTube TV but it’s starting to get a little bloated with stuff I don’t want with $10 increases. Looking for an alternative to stream the 3 major local channels live with the sports channels. My wife is anti-digital antenna so that’s not an option.
Really? Sorry to hear that. Digital antenna into a tuner with a Plex account or into an Amazon recast is a good one time payment option for those close enough to cities.

Reactions: kcvols1

I use ultimatetv..... a little more pricey than some of the others that were 10 dollars or less but I love the picture quality. It’s 27 for two tvs

Thanks, I will look into the different VPN's. I have ipvanish and have no idea how well it works but it might be slowing down my internet. Is that possible?

Thanks, I will look into the different VPN's. I have ipvanish and have no idea how well it works but it might be slowing down my internet. Is that possible?
Yes they can slow down your internet.... I usually pick a major city closest to mine.... it seemed to work better

Live tv app..... all sports packages.... ppv..... all tv channels..... they even have a 24 hour all the time saved by the bell channel lol..... but seriously I do like their options

So you bought the whole system for 2 or 3 hundred and a 20 monthly fee versus messing with the apps or apk's?

So you bought the whole system for 2 or 3 hundred and a 20 monthly fee versus messing with the apps or apk's?
No I have amazon fire stick on two TVs....use cinema APK (free) with real debrid (add on) for 3 dollars a month( much better streams).... ultimatetv APK for 27 a month for live tv, sports, PPV.... ultimatetv.com

I use Nordvpn because I got a good multi year deal. Seems to be o.k. Hard to tell, right?

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH

Surfshark VPN is the best I've found, they have dozens of servers that all run at full speed, never experienced any slowdown, very reliable and with adblocking/tracking, an internet kill switch and built in speed test. $2/mo is their best deal, I just re-up'd for another 24 months. Surfshark stopped all the hate mail from Spectrum as soon as I started using this. Works on all platforms.

As far as sports.... has all the majors except MLB with excellent 1080p streams and few or no ads. I use Reddit for baseball streams.

It was, but the constant price increases have made it get pretty close to just having a cable package.
This. The most recent price increase to include MTV, VH1, CMT, and a half dozen other garbage channels has just about driven me to Hulu. If you want to create an optional add-on package for that crap, fine. But forcing it on everyone is garbage, IMO. I don't want it, and was fine paying $49.99/mo. Now that it is $64.00+/mo, it is becoming less appealing.

I have had Hulu for a year now. They recently updated their guide and over all look, it’s an improvement, but there were problems for a few days that almost made me switch to YTTV.

I assumed there would be more issues, that I would miss out on some sporting events...hasn’t been an issue, happy I cut the cord.

This. The most recent price increase to include MTV, VH1, CMT, and a half dozen other garbage channels has just about driven me to Hulu. If you want to create an optional add-on package for that crap, fine. But forcing it on everyone is garbage, IMO. I don't want it, and was fine paying $49.99/mo. Now that it is $64.00+/mo, it is becoming less appealing.

Yeah the last increase made me drop it. I don’t watch enough to want to pay $70 for a streaming service.

Reactions: cncchris33
No I have amazon fire stick on two TVs....use cinema APK (free) with real debrid (add on) for 3 dollars a month( much better streams).... ultimatetv APK for 27 a month for live tv, sports, PPV.... ultimatetv.com
You have me thinking. I have a couple of Firesticks. If I had this on a tv at home, I am assuming I could just take the Firsestick with me to our lake cabin or on vacation and access ultimatetv if sufficient internet speed at that location?

VN Store

Back